Favourite spaghetti main-themes?

Same here… Actually it’s been ages since I played that - might have to dig it out… Haven’t seen the film it’s from yet, though.

My other favourite vocal themes are from ‘I Want Him Dead’ (English dub), ‘Compañeros’, ‘Sabata’, ‘Captain Apache’, ‘Django’ (English version), ‘Viva Django’, ‘The Big Gundown’, and… yes… ‘Keoma’… :-[

for me you cannot beat morricones main theme to “once upon a time in the west"never fails to reduce me to tears,it is so beautiful ethier listened to on it’s own or watching the film.listening to this on a double whammy with “deborah’s theme” from " once upon a time in amercia” will absolutely reduce me to a blubbering wreck.brillant soundtracks essential to two brillant films. :’(

Keoma/Mannaja (tie)…just kidding :wink:

My all time favorite is Back Home, Someday by Sergio Endrigo from Tempo di Massacro (Massacre Time). Great song.

Django is a runner up too.

Also love Jill’s America from OUATITW, though it’s not a main theme.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:1, topic:681”]What are your favourite main-themes?

For me Django is one of the best that has a singing vocal!

And of course there are loads of instrumental themes that are just great!

Fistful, GBU, Ballata Per Un Pistolero, Django Kill, Companeros, Fighting Fists Of Shanghai Joe, etc, etc!! ;D[/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the music from FIGHTING FISTS OF SHANGHAI JOE (or at least the main musical theme) lifted whole cloth from Nicolai’s HAVE A NICE FUNERAL…SARTANA WILL PAY?

[quote=“Ming, post:21, topic:681”]Same here… Actually it’s been ages since I played that - might have to dig it out… Haven’t seen the film it’s from yet, though.

My other favourite vocal themes are from ‘I Want Him Dead’ (English dub), ‘Compañeros’, ‘Sabata’, ‘Captain Apache’, ‘Django’ (English version), ‘Viva Django’, ‘The Big Gundown’, and… yes… ‘Keoma’… :-[[/quote]

Captain Apache ?!? No offense amigo but sometimes I put my Captain Apache dvd in the player just to get a laugh from LVC doing the theme song.

That said, with Spaghettis I find myself liking songs and music I would not otherwise care for. I love the opening song of Return Of Ringo, for instance. On one level I know it is hokey and silly but I love, even feel inspired, by it.

Also, I love the instrumental theme that plays with the credits in Bandidos.

Yeah both are by Nicolai and they are almost identical, but it doesn’t matter I think :wink:

A great theme!

[quote=“Lindberg, post:26, topic:681”]Yeah both are by Nicolai and they are almost identical, but it doesn’t matter I think :wink:

A great theme![/quote]

I agree 100% - definitely one of my all time favorites!

Love all Leones, but apart from his my favourites are

Dead Men Ride
Vengeance
Mannaja
Keoma
Tepepa
The Ugly Ones
Buddy Goes West
Run Man Run
The Big Gundown
Guns For San Sebastian
Four of the Apocalypse
Silver Saddle

L’arena from The Mercenary has probably the most evocative piece of music for me regarding Morricone.
Other than him - the Carambola tune (Bixio/Frizzi) … with a weird plinky elecric guitar playing under the theme, gets me juices goin’ (never plucked up the courage to watch the film tho’ :P).
Favourite at the mo tho’ is the Bullet In The Forehead tunes from Titoli, that come on the New dvd.

(The Camponeros song - altho it gets on my wick a bit, is guaranteed to have the choir-mistress dancin’ about - so it has to be suffered once in a while ;D.)

For me it is Forgotten Pistolero, Blindman, Companeros, GBU, FFOD, Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead, Man: Pride and Vengeance, and Get Mean.

The Great Silence is my favorite.

It is a good one for sure.

It is certainly a great piece of music. You can almost ‘hear’ the snow falling. Accidentally we have a saying in Danish (probably goes for the other Scandinavian countries aswell): “There is nothing as silent as snow” … Fitting for this movie in more ways than one. There is Silence himself riding through the snow and there is the bounty hunter Loco burying his ‘silenced’ kills in the snow.

Morricone did an excellent job on that one, that’s for sure.

django, navajo joe, compeneros, massacre time just to name a few…

we should have a voting on the top 20 title themes and make it on of our top 20 lists we publish!!!

I like the idea!

OUATITW, no competition.

I still remember the first time watching GBU, I thought the soundtrack could get any better, and boy was I wrong…

Apart from the obvious Morricone choices

THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY (best whistling theme EVER!)
MASSACRE TIME
HAVE A NICE FUNERAL MY FRIEND…SARTANA WILL PAY
INDIO BLACK
$10.000 BLOOD MONEY
I WANT HIM DEAD
CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES
DEATH WALKS IN LAREDO
SARTANA KILLS THEM ALL
APOCALYPSE JOE
LIGHT THE FUSE SARTANA IS COMING
JOHNNY YUMA

and many many more

Anything by Morricone (can he compose anything bad?).

My favorites are The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Great Silence, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

I am also quite fond of his theme for Duck, You Sucker.

I am just wondering…by saying “Favourite Spaghetti Main-Themes” we are talking strictly about themes that play over the opening titles, right? We aren’t talking about complete scores and so on.
That was my impression of the purpose of this thread, but I most certainly could be wrong.
Could someone clarify?

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST has one of the greatest scores of all-time, to be sure. And “Jill’s Theme” is superb. Movie music just can’t get any better, in my opinion. But, if we are talking strictly about main title themes—it doesn’t qualify. There is no main title theme in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.

Of course, THE GREAT SILENCE, and THE GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY would certainly qualify if we are picking our favorites among title themes.

No big deal, really. I love all the music everyone has mentioned, so far. But, was just wanting a little clarification as to our definition of main themes.