Favorite Non–Spaghetti Westerns

So it seems.

Boss Nigger is indeed set in the west but has much more Blaxploish than Westernish so pretty much Blaxplo set in the west.

Boss Nigger is good fun and Fred Williamson still likes the film to this day.

Man this is a though call, my favourite western of all time is a SW my second it’s a Peckinpah, gonna be tricky. I have seen and see so many movies, and some, more than 10 fure sure I really like a lot.
There’s a few I would never change, they always will be in my top 10, but some I view them more recently so that it’s an important issue for this choices, but were we go

1-The Wild Bunch
2-My darling Clementine (the first film Fonda made after coming from WWII)
3-Major Dundee
4-The Magnificent Seven
5-High Noon
6-The Outlaw Josey Wales
7-Tom Horn
8-Monte Walsh
9-Pat garret and Billy the Kid
10-Jeremiah Johnson

I’ve seen the Shootist, but John Wayne was never a favourite of mine for the similar life situation I prefer Tom Horn always liked more Steve Mcqueen. I have to mention Silverado, Tombstone, and a all bunch of them that Ido not have seen for a while, and that could enter the list after a view or review
From those Clint Westerns after the Leone films Hang Em high is also a favourite of mine as High plains drifter.
The Long Riders I think it’s very underrated film.
Well it’s done, let’ts see in a few moths how it’s gonna be, I’m gonna watch next week two mules for sister sara

thanks

My Darling Clementine.

Red Sun
Chato’s Land
The Magnificent Seven
The White Buffalo
High Plains Drifter
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Red Sun is considered a Spaghetti Western.

Not by many. We just had discussed about this in another thread, and for most it wasn’t a SW. For me neither.

Well, even if I didn’t consider it a Spaghetti Western, I don’t think I’d include it in a list about non spaghettis. Non Spaghetti meaning (to me atleast) that there is no doubt. And if some call it Spaghetti, even a minority, there is doubt. Besides, that one even has some Italian production involvement.

By non-Spaghetti people usually mean American, Latino, Easterns and Rice Westerns (and not Euros) so no, I pretty much agree with Korano.

:slight_smile:

To me, Red Sun isn’t a spaghetti so I included it in my list…but hey guys, I’m not going to fight about it! :wink:

Yes, its a western and that’s all what counts to me.

Right.

The Magnificent Seven, Unforgiven, Tombstone and The Wild Bunch are some of my favorites, for sure.

The Searchers, Stagecoach, Shoot First and Pray that You Live, Mckenna’s Gold, The Wild Bunch

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:180, topic:103”]Right, Boss Nigger is a western (I thought it was a film like Shaft or Slaughter):

But there is a film with a character called Nigger Charley
(Apparently you can watch the entire movie here; be quick if you wish, similar clips are often removed):

There were a couple of Nigger Charley films. The second one is called The Soul Of Nigger Charley.

Boss Nigger is simply superb. Fred Williamson also did Take A Hard Ride, Adios Amigo and Joshua.

Kid Vengeance are another western with a blaxploitation element, but I’m not sure about the quality.

Joshua…one I have not seen in a while, liked the atmosphere as I recall.

What film is Adios Amigo?