Fav Kinski Spaghetti Western?

(Mad Dog Morgan) #1

Hey, sorry if this has already been a topic (tried to search for it), but I was curious as to what is everyone’s fav Spaghetti Western starring Klaus Kinski (excluding small roles, more like main or one of the supporting actors)?

(Andy) #2

The Great Silence for sure.

(sartana1) #3

Cant go wrong with Great Silence. Also And God Said to Cain. Two others I can think of that he has smaller but memorable roles are A Bullet For the General and Return of Clint the Stranger. I have not seen Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead. Its on my wish list though.

(ENNIOO) #4

Probably The Great Silence, but also like seeing him go off the rails in The Beast.

(JonathanCorbett) #5

Apart from Per qualche dollaro in più/For a Few Dollars More, my favourite SWs starring Kinski are

1. E Dio disse a Caino/And God Said to Cain
  2. L’uomo, l’orgoglio, la vendetta/Man, Pride and Vengeance
  3. Il Grande Silenzio/The Great Silence
  4. Quien Sabe?/A Bullet for the General
  5. Ognuno per sè/The Ruthless Four
  6. Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte/If You Meet Sartana Pray…

(Major Clyde) #6

Giu’ la testa… hombre :wink:

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #7

I think his best role was And God Said to Cain. Not only was it a rare chance to see Kinski in a lead role as the hero, but the movie also happens to be very good! Inspired directing by Margheriti and good score.

(Andy) #8

and an incessant church bell.

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #9

And fake wind!

(Bluntwolf) #10
  1. Il Grande Silenzio/The Great Silence
  2. E Dio disse a Caino/And God said to Cain
  3. Ognuno per sè/The Ruthless Four
  4. Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte/If you meet Sartana pray…
  5. La Belva/The Beast (even though the movie’s pretty lame, Kinski’s havin’ a blast.) :slight_smile:

(TheBigSmokedown) #11

And God Said To Cain for me, followed by The Great Silence I guess. Maybe Shoot The Living… and Bullet For The General after that.

(sartana1968) #12

if you meet sartana pray for your death
sartana the gravediger
for a few dollars more
the great silence
his name was king

(genesis_pig) #13

Definitely And God said to Cain for me.

Just realized today that he was Nastassja Kinski’s father. :o Had no clue about this.

(LankyFellow) #14

Yep,the same here.

(John Welles) #15

Kinski is great in The Great Silence (pun intended!), but in And God Said to Cain he’s given a rare leading role that he can really get his teeth into.

(tomas) #16

for me in There’s A Noose Waiting For You, Trinity and Great Silence

(Keep Your Head Down) #17

“Great Silence” for me…

(Wild The Hunchback) #18

Difficult one .

The Great Silence

Followed By :For A Few Dollars More , Twice A Judas , Shoot The Living & Pray For The Dead , and Black Killer.

(sartana1968) #19

if you meet sartana pray for your death
for a few dollars more
sartana the gravediger
his name was king

(Gringo!) #20

The Great Silence, it seems like he had the most fun making this film, he gets to whip people to death on horseback and be a sadistic prick all while getting away with it. It’s almost like he wrote his part himself (almost, he doesn’t bang every girl in the movie).