Fav Kinski Spaghetti Western?

Hey, sorry if this has already been a topic (tried to search for it), but I was curious as to what is everyone’s fav Spaghetti Western starring Klaus Kinski (excluding small roles, more like main or one of the supporting actors)?

The Great Silence for sure.

Cant go wrong with Great Silence. Also And God Said to Cain. Two others I can think of that he has smaller but memorable roles are A Bullet For the General and Return of Clint the Stranger. I have not seen Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead. Its on my wish list though.

Probably The Great Silence, but also like seeing him go off the rails in The Beast.

Apart from Per qualche dollaro in più/For a Few Dollars More, my favourite SWs starring Kinski are

1. E Dio disse a Caino/And God Said to Cain
  2. L’uomo, l’orgoglio, la vendetta/Man, Pride and Vengeance
  3. Il Grande Silenzio/The Great Silence
  4. Quien Sabe?/A Bullet for the General
  5. Ognuno per sè/The Ruthless Four
  6. Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte/If You Meet Sartana Pray…

Giu’ la testa… hombre :wink:

I think his best role was And God Said to Cain. Not only was it a rare chance to see Kinski in a lead role as the hero, but the movie also happens to be very good! Inspired directing by Margheriti and good score.

and an incessant church bell.

And fake wind!

1. Il Grande Silenzio/The Great Silence
  2. E Dio disse a Caino/And God said to Cain
  3. Ognuno per sè/The Ruthless Four
  4. Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte/If you meet Sartana pray…
  5. La Belva/The Beast (even though the movie’s pretty lame, Kinski’s havin’ a blast.) :slight_smile:

And God Said To Cain for me, followed by The Great Silence I guess. Maybe Shoot The Living… and Bullet For The General after that.

if you meet sartana pray for your death
sartana the gravediger
for a few dollars more
the great silence
his name was king

Definitely And God said to Cain for me.

Just realized today that he was Nastassja Kinski’s father. :o Had no clue about this.

Yep,the same here.

Kinski is great in The Great Silence (pun intended!), but in And God Said to Cain he’s given a rare leading role that he can really get his teeth into.

for me in There’s A Noose Waiting For You, Trinity and Great Silence

“Great Silence” for me…

Difficult one .

The Great Silence

Followed By :For A Few Dollars More , Twice A Judas , Shoot The Living & Pray For The Dead , and Black Killer.

if you meet sartana pray for your death
for a few dollars more
sartana the gravediger
his name was king

The Great Silence, it seems like he had the most fun making this film, he gets to whip people to death on horseback and be a sadistic prick all while getting away with it. It’s almost like he wrote his part himself (almost, he doesn’t bang every girl in the movie).