Fasthand Is Still My Name / Mi chiamavano Requiescat … ma avevano sbagliato (Mario Bianchi, 1973)

Database page: Lo chiamavano requiescat Fasthand - The Spaghetti Western Database

I watched the FrancoCleef DVD of this film this weekend. Boy, this must have been a REAL low budget production.
It was very enjoyable and pretty violent (more than I expected). Lorenzo Robledo gets MESSED UP. And there’s a scene where Alan Steel is tied to a couple of stakes and, among other things, gets repeatedly spit upon. Really gross.
Even with as many Spaghettis as I have watched I still don’t know all the locations by sight. But ALL the locations they used in this movie looked really run down.
I could not tell if the town location that they used was intentionally made to look so bad or if, since this was made in 1972, the “set” had just deteriorated on its own. It was pretty obvious that they didn’t spend a lot of money making this movie so I tend to think that the set/location was just old and run down but I could be wrong.
This is one of those “for diehard fans only” Spaghettis. But I really had fun watching it. William Berger is, as usual, a kick to watch.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed !, which of course I did when viewed recently.

With no doubt this is one of the must violent spags. One step behind 4 of apocalipse. Some disgusting scenes, just one nudity scene, that can’t be visualized on mine VHS version :frowning:
I liked this, because is one that put some guerrila on screen. Don’t know any other

Yeah, this is a rather nasty piece of work and the production values make, say, Baldanello’s BLACK JACK look like an epic. It definitely has enough gritty, debasing “highlights” if you’re in the mood for exploitation, if not then I’m not sure if you should bother… Except for Mr Berger and the final twist that’s actually clever and amusing.

Video review

The most surprising thing in this one is the amount of time spend on showing torture. We get few scenes like that, the most vile being the one where Lorenzo Robledo gets beaten up, then another guy sqeezes his balls with his hand, he gets branded with hot iron and finally covered with sheet and shot few times. Without doubt one of the most violent SWs. Not as violent as Cut throats nine, but up there with Django Kill [and more violent than Four of the apocalypse in my opinion]. William Berger is very good as the sadistic villain. Sergio Ciani makes a rather bland lead. Music is jazzy for the most parts, but we get some funk and folk tunes as well. You can tell the sets were extremely cheap, but it fits the movie and doesn’t feel inaccurate, like those you can find in Fidani movies. It has got nice atmosphere of despair and some nice action, it’s a recommended ride. 7/10

1 Like

This is the database entry

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Lo_chiamavano_requiescat_Fasthand

But the original title is a wrong one and should be changed. The correct one is in the 2nd line. I don’t know how to do it.

I’ve had this on my buy list and for somebody who enjoys late/ violent/ gothic spaghettis like myself, how would I like given the info I gave you?

I guess as with everything, it’s a case of each to their own. Personally i’d say watch it. Yes it’s low (very) budget and muddy and the leading man is not what you could call charismatic, but it’s a mean little film with a lot of torture and a great main villain in William Berger…so if that appeals to you, you should have a good time with it :wink:

Sounds right up my ally. Thanks for the comment as I have benn having somewhat of a dillema about wich SPW to buy next.

Hi!

Just realized, that I bought this film recently with a few others.
Didn´t watched it yet, but will do this the next days. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Doc Simmi

I agree with most of whats been said here.Like FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE it contains some sadistic violence from a memorable villain, with both movies sharing an inappropiate musical score.The hero is pretty medicore ,but i enjoyed the neat little twist in the final shoot-out. :slight_smile:

Hi!

I watched the film today and I like it! :slight_smile:
The only thing I didn´t like was the jazzy music. I found that a little bit bothersome.

Doc Simmi

[quote=“Lasky, post:12, topic:884”]I agree with most of whats been said here.Like FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE it contains some sadistic violence from a memorable villain, with both movies sharing an inappropiate musical score.The hero is pretty medicore ,but i enjoyed the neat little twist in the final shoot-out. :)[/quote]Are there squibs?

[quote=“Doc Simmi, post:13, topic:884”]Hi!

I watched the film today and I like it! :slight_smile:
The only thing I didn´t like was the jazzy music. I found that a little bit bothersome.

Doc Simmi[/quote]

Good to hear you enjoyed the film, if not the music! :wink: I actualy have a strange liking for the score…but each to their own! :smiley:

Yes, but used sparringly.

1 Like

Watched this one recently, the DVD with German audio but it was ok

I didn’t like the music, and maybe a little too much green in the scenery, but otherwise it was a dystopic little SW well worth seeing

William Berger was good as always, liked the flashbacks too, the shanty town looked really miserable aswell :smiley:

The last Western you watched?-thread May 06, 2006

‘Mi chiamavano Requiescat … ma avevano sbaliato !’
(Fasthand is still my name)

• lots of brutality
  • many torture scenes
  • extremely simple plot
  • pretty nice score (song ‘That man’) but not necessarily western like
  • one of my main men Billie ‘Boy’ Berger is playing the really mean bastard Machedo
  • trailer on ‘For a few previews more’

I’ve seen worse. The movie has its moments but is far from great !!!

1 Like

I watched this one recently as well. Maybe a little let down but far from norm which I greatly appreciate and the torture seqeunces made me cringe. Which is a good thing. Man! Poor Robledo.

Yeah, Lorenzo had a bad day at the office in this one.

Fasthand is a real cheap production. And it looks it. But I kind of liked it (or at least didn’t mind it).
You think that was real spit they used on Sergio Ciani? Hee hee