Face To Face

This is the last “classic” spaghetti oater I need to see before I get down to the dregs of the barrel.

Saying that, I notice that there’s a DVD on Amazon for sale. It’s $25, and it sports a running time of 93 minutes. I’ve read that it’s cut by over 20 minutes (that’s a darned lot), but aren’t sure.

Anyone have any info on this?

Oops! I forgot…

Here[url]Amazon.com is the Amazon link.

Don’t know anything about that release. Youre better off going for the German 2 disc release at that price I think:

link[url]Amazon.de

Wow! Wish I could read German… heh.

I appreciate the link, though. Do believe I’ll take that avenue.

I downloaded a copy via a torrent site. 107 minutes plus change.

F*cking good film.

107 minutes plus change.

That would mean the US release is cut by 14 minutes. That’s really a lot!

Glad to hear (again) that it’s a good film. I’m really wanting to see it.

I went ahead and took the plunge. A lot of money to be spent, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it.

Its a great movie. Definate top 5 material.

Hey guy
the ost of this movie is better than the movie

I’m sure it is, but I’m trying to keep my expectations checked. You know how it is… :slight_smile:

Am I right in believing that aside from the Japanese SPO disc, there’s still no version of this on DVD with English audio? If so, that’s frustrating, as the English dub for this one is actually quite good (imo, of course).

This German edition seems to have an English language track: http://www.amazon.de/Angesicht-DVDs-Gian-Maria-Volonté/dp/B009229F8A/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1389115317&sr=1-2&keywords=gian+maria+volonte

Ah, thanks. I’ve had my eye on that one for a while. I should buy it.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

No problem, glad I could help.
I also still need to buy it myself . Explosive Media are truly doing a wonderful job - what a fantastic company! 8)

A fairly young company, they have released quite a number of westerns so far, and I hope they keep up the good work. Here’s a link to their homepage (in case you’re not too familiar with their releases): http://www.explosive-media.com

I’ve ordered this one, but still haven’t received it. Darn post office! >:(

anybody have the UK - Eureka disc? Might order that one for my region-free player.

I do. It’s the best release out there I am aware of.

excellent, thanks.

I have heard the Eureka DVD has a poorer print than the German DVD, and doesn’t have English audio. It is uncut though I think and cheaper.

The print looks good enough to me but does only have Italian audio with English subs. The available English audio has always been of poor quality and my understanding is Eureka didn’t want to compromise on it so included the Italian track only. I have a DVD-R with the English audio so understand their decision. The opening scene is poor in that version. Personally, I don’t mind it in Italian with subs so no problem for me.