Face To Face

I was supposed to get the Cultcine version of this in a trade at one point, wanted to see what the english audio was like on that (better according to the review here):

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Face_to_Face_DVD_Review_(Cultcine)[/url]

I’ve got the Cultcine version, I can check it out here in a bit

I am not 100% sure but the first issue of the Cultcine Face to Face used the full english audio from the SPO disc. Where as the second edition mentioned in the review above uses the english audio mainly from a T.V broadcast with a few bits from the SPO disc.

Ah, I didn’t know there were two different versions. I just checked the one I have and it seems to be the first one. Sounds the same as the SPO in all the spots I checked. Having a look at CG now and looks like there is a rip with “new english audio” from 2012, although nothing states specifically the sources.

Interesting re the CG one you mentioned. Just looked at the comments re that version on CG and someone said the english audio kept slipping into Italian. So I am guessing that may not be the second english audio job from Cultcine, as the english audio is complete on the Cultcine one…

I have the second one. May re-watch and give a short review sometime this week.

Look forward to the review :wink: .

sounds like this new eng audio might be ripped from the German DVD.

OK I watched the first half hour or so…only audio defects were in the opening scene where its fuzzy in one part. After that one scene it’s pretty decent sound comparable to the franco cleef big gundown disc.

The Explosive disc? How’s the audio quality on that?

hm, cant answer that one off the bat. All I know is, I don’t recall it being bad. Ive watched the disc twice, first time with English dub, and cant remember if I watched 2nd time in Italian or English so cant be too sure. Ill make sure to report here on quality in more detail next time I watch it. I do remember there is at least one minor scene where the English dub is missing and it switches to Italian.

One thing I do remember from the last time I watched the whole cultcine face to face v2 is that there is definitely english audio all the way through.

My eng audio is not very good
but the German and Italian is excellent