Face to Face from Eureka?

Yeah, hats off to Eureka. I wish their Prisoner Scorpion collection had been complete, though.

KOCH* vs EUREKA vs MHE* (*Koch and MHE caps courtesy of Sundance)
NOTE: the forum seems to scale down images to 490 width - Eureka caps have been resized to 720 in keeping with the Koch and MHE caps. Right click your mouse and select “view image” to see the original size images individually.

Thank you!
Maybe it is just me but the Koch caps look a bit sharper than the Eureka ones… also a bit more grainy (which is a good thing!). But maybe it could all just be to some sharpening or EE or whatever and if these were Blu-Rays the Eureka disc would win for more natural image? Hah. I don’t know really but I remember reading Eureka’s claims in the past that they are not touching the grain or otherwise doing much filtering. They must have used the same master though (is master the right word…).

And maybe I should have made my caps a bit larger but oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:
I already own the Japanese disc and the Koch box so I don’t know what to do with this… Right now it’s only £9.99 including free worldwide shipping if ordered from Eureka’s page here[url]http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/may_new.html[/url] (it’s almost £12 at Amazon plus shipping)

Anyways, thanks again for the caps, I really appreciate it!

As regards an uncut print of this brilliant SW (seemingly not)coming out on dvd on a legit source with a decent English audio i’m finally running out of patience so much so now that i’m strongly considering buying the version that Cultzine have been advertising.If Eureka (or anyone else for that matter) cannot come up with the goods then i say sod 'em all and good luck to anyone that can afterall life is too short. Does anyone here own a copy of Cultzine version that can comment on the English audio on their disc?

It seems very puzzling to me that the perfectly good English audio on the (cut) UK VHS edition cannot be used to repair up the dodgy audio patches in the Japanese SPO version.I’m assuming that Cultzine have done such a thing with their dvd?

Well I don’t know for sure but I think cultcine used the VHS audio.

But I would (but just speculation…) think Eureka has that (cut version) audio in a much better quality (directly from the film print!) than what a crappy VHS can give us since they were only a couple of weeks away from releasing the cut version last November before they were told there is a longer one in existence. Maybe most of the film in good audio and the rest in bad just isn’t good enough for them. :wink:

full size png (right click and view image to see full size)

[quote=“Lasky, post:44, topic:2582”]As regards an uncut print of this brilliant SW (seemingly not)coming out on dvd on a legit source with a decent English audio i’m finally running out of patience so much so now that i’m strongly considering buying the version that Cultzine have been advertising.If Eureka (or anyone else for that matter) cannot come up with the goods then i say sod 'em all and good luck to anyone that can afterall life is too short. Does anyone here own a copy of Cultzine version that can comment on the English audio on their disc?

It seems very puzzling to me that the perfectly good English audio on the (cut) UK VHS edition cannot be used to repair up the dodgy audio patches in the Japanese SPO version.I’m assuming that Cultzine have done such a thing with their dvd?[/quote]

Face to Face DVD Review (Cultcine)[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Face_to_Face_DVD_Review_(Cultcine)[/url]

DVDBeaver review[url]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews54/faccia_a_faccia.htm[/url]

Why didn’t they simply “borrow” the Cultcine audio, and if it isn’t up to their standards they could add it anyway as a sort of bonus. and thast’s without putting much time and money on it.
I have seen a lot of fan dubs done only in a few hours (if the fandubber tells the truth) which are good enough for me.

I never watched this film, because of the audio being crap. From fan dubs there´s lower expectations, but some of those are unbearable as well, due to the low quality source material (mostly vhs). This, of course, is not up to Eureka standard. So I understand them not including an inferior English track. For me subs are fine, so I will purchase this. Already have the French dvd, but that’s Italian only (with French subs, but my Franch ain’t that great).

I got it and it looks great and the audio is good. A little hissy in spots but I’ve heard worse. Video quality is great and I’m fairly sure it’s uncut.

Have the first issue by Cultcine which used the not so good english track, so if anyone gets the Cultcine one in say a trade make sure they get the second version they have done with improved audio. But of course if you buy the disc from Cultcine you will be fine of course.

The Cultcine disc is fine. I can’t read subs very well anyways since I have somewhat bad eyesight. So yeah, I second what Hoover said.

Is this film supposed to be watched in italian or english? I see the Eureka! disk only has italian audio. Strange?

I watch all the SWs I’ve seen in english. Much like Sartana, I don’t care for subtitles.

For me Italian with subs is just fine.

Do like english audio for this one, but subtitles are fine aswell.

An e-mail from Amazon.co.uk informs me that my copy of Eureka’s Face to Face DVD has been dispatched today. ;D

For everyone who still wants to order this, order it directly from Eureka, they have their monthly sale now. Click here[url]http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/may_new.html[/url] 9,99 £ shipping included.

Amazon says the running time is 91 minutes - is this correct?