Execution (Domenico Paolella, 1968)

Always hated those stupid Tapes. I was so happy with the devolpment of the DVD! ;D

yes, but the english version misses some other long parts, which are included in the german version.

I remembered liking this one a good amount and just read through the comments here, so I decided to give it another viewing tonight. I was quite curious to see if perhaps I was overly enthusiastic due to the picture being such high quality video, which happens sometimes, given the generations old VHS rips we sometimes have to watch.

I donā€™t quite understand why Execution gets such a bad rap. I checked out IMDB and some other reviews around the net, and everyone hates this film apparentlyā€¦

On the 2nd viewing tonight, I still found it quite enjoyable. It remained visually interesting, well paced and I thought the ending shootout was great. I loved the music and the use of the non-musical sounds also.

I do think that mwaf is spot on about the stagecoach sequenceā€¦ this part makes no sense whatsoever and is very badly editedā€¦ this sequence is my only real gripe with the film though(aside from the scene where the guitar strings are shot off the guitar, whilst the guitar and the guy playing it remain holeless :wink: )

With such crap in the spaghetti world as ā€œTrinity and Sartana: Those Dirty S.O.Bsā€, I just canā€™t imagine how anyone can rate this as the worst spaghetti theyā€™ve ever seenā€¦

Itā€™s surely not a bad film, an ok film for me.

The story with the twin brothers was interesting, but I thought that the direction was generally too powerless.

itā€™s not a bad film, indeed not really good, but ok with some nice parts.

I like the (stupid) outfit of the mexican villain ā€¦ after watching the first time my thought was, that this actor had watched too much pirate films.

yes the stagecoach part is so bad and needless.

I liked the story to this one and direction was good enough for me, but prefer Hate For Hate by the same director.

Iā€™ve got Hate For Hate sitting in my queueā€¦ will have to bump it up and give it a viewing soon

Itā€™s a goodie!

Better than Excecution, but not too goodie

watched Hate For Hate the other night and have to disagree on this one alsoā€¦ I would say it succeeds at being a better movie in the general sense, for your average movie goer or typical/American western fan, but I enjoyed Execution much more than Hate For Hate.

I seem to enjoy Execution for many of the reasons others dislike it. I found the direction of Execution to be much more interesting and visually appealing than Hate For Hate.

Hate For Hate just seemed too typical, too generic. When I watch and judge a spaghetti, Iā€™m generally not looking for it to be coherent or an exceptional storyā€¦ its more in the feel of the atmosphere, how it looks and if it keeps my attention.

Execution was successful in all of these factors, despite its weaknesses. There were several well done scenes in Execution, such as towards the beginning when the camera is on the reflection in the mirror at an angleā€¦ I canā€™t think of anything like this in Hate For Hate, which just came off as rather bland for me

Watched an english dub of the Koch disc of this one, and pretty much enjoyed. Like the two brothers part of the story, and some O.K action and torture scenes.

Pretty much agree with Paco Romanā€™s original post in this thread.
This is an ok time filler but really should have been a much better film. And some of the logic lapses were magnificently bizarre. The guitar strings shot in two without affecting the body of the instrument being the best case in point. All those strings cut and not a single bullet hits the back of the guitar ;D

One thing though, I know of other spaghettis which include one actor playing two parts but I canā€™t remember any other than this using split screen technique to have them facing each other. Or is my memory getting even worse :-
On the whole it was ok but, like Paco said, not as good as its title.

Itā€™s your memory here amigo, Van Cleef faces himself in Godā€™s Gun.

Otherwise I agree about whatā€™s been said, ok film but not great. A little overlong at the end.

[quote=ā€œSilence, post:33, topic:1405ā€]Itā€™s your memory here amigo, Van Cleef faces himself in Godā€™s Gun.

Otherwise I agree about whatā€™s been said, ok film but not great. A little overlong at the end.[/quote]

Ah. In that case maybe it was just the first time used. :wink:

This flick could be much better. One thing that I noticed: the soundtrack is the same later used in Fidaniā€™s ā€œArrivano Django e Sartanaā€¦ ĆØ la fineā€, right?!

Yep, as well as many others by Fidani. He often re used Gori scores, mostly this one and Black Jack.

Interesting. This fellow ā€œabilitiesā€ keep on surprising me.

Well he wasnā€™t alone about taking songs from other films, Crea did basically use Stelvio Ciprianiā€™s score for The Stranger Returns all the time. The Beast with Klaus Kinski has parts from the scores of The Stranger Returns, The Law Of Violence, Man Pride And Vengeance and The Man Who Cried Revenge!

Itā€™s a dirty world! At least he picked a good one. I enjoy that trumpet stuff!

I like the score in this one too!