Execution (Domenico Paolella, 1968)

Database page: Execution - The Spaghetti Western Database

Great Title for IMO a very mediocre SW. It’s only the second western of Director Domenico Paolella and maybe western wasn’t his genre. The story is interesting with a double role of John Richardson but the movie tells it too chaotic. Obviously one of the cheaper productions as usual with some goofs (plastic flowers, thrown knives with visible cords, … )I don’t know why but I had the feeling some of the actors had problems to ride their horses. The end is unusual but the movie is totally mediocre and not well directed. Lallo Gori’s Music Score is pleasant and helps this SW a lot.
Not my cup of tea! :slight_smile:

By far the worst SW I have ever seen. The acting is atrocious.

The one who plays the big mexican bandit chief is extremly good. :smiley:

I like the final scene,when the sand driped through Clint’s hands and is blown away,hope i don’t mix it up with another movie,it’s a long time ago i saw this

Haha.
I kinda liked it.

Where else do you find a mace in a Spaghetti?

And what was with that old lady they came across who had been left behind in the (semi) deserted town?
Why is she there in the story? They just blow her off. She has no purpose.

I love Mimmo Palmara! 8) He’s made worse (see Left-Handed Johnny West) ::slight_smile:

Ha Ha just found another funny goof. When the bandits are riding to the ghost town suddenly from an other direction three riders (far away from the gang) are appearing. Where did they came from ? ???

The ghost town is indeed very funny please take a look what there are in the streets: a chair, a wheel, some barrels, parts of a fence and last but not least fresh bales of straw.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:5, topic:1405”]Where else do you find a mace in a Spaghetti?

I love Mimmo Palmara! 8) He’s made worse (see Left-Handed Johnny West) ::)[/quote]

He had some troubles to swing it. It looked dangerously hopefully he didn’t hurt anybody during the filming.

I didn’t notice this part when I first read your post Paco: " thrown knifes with visible cords"

Sounds very cheesy. I’ll have to look for that next time. :slight_smile:

I had the pleasure to watch the German version, and of course it’s a Django once more. Therefore the plot was changed so that the brothers are now former businesspartner or something like that strangely enough happen to look like identical twins. Why did thay have to change the story? I didn’t get this…

Koch should have made a Gianni Garko Box instead! Instead of Execution: They call me Cementary! or another Gianni Garko - Django Movie. The german Version is a bit strange and I can only guess how they found this title: “Django - Die Bibel ist kein Kartenspiel” translated Django - The Bible is no Cardgame. ???

That’s true, there would be enough other good films, which fits to the box: maybe an another Garko film or the other Fago film “one more to hell”.

the german version is really stupid, it makes no sense …

all in all no good film, especially if you know, that the director Paolella could it better (see “hate for hate/odio per odio”);
but enjoyable.
for me I made a cut version of this film, without the middle part (the part with the stagecoach etc.). so it’s a little hard film about ca 50-60 min.
the most enjoyable part is the beginning, that’s really great.

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:1, topic:1405”]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Execution

I don’t know why but I had the feeling some of the actors had problems to ride their horses.[/quote]
The same feeling I had too; there is one scene, in which Dick Palmer (Mimmo Palmara) wants to get on his horse … that looks really funny.

Maybe a Django-Box sells better than a Garko-Box…

Nevertheless two of the three movies in the Box are great, there are worse boxes…

The perfect 3rd film for the box would have been Cowards Don’t Pray.

You cut films, or you skip parts you don’t like while watching them?

“Coward don’t pray” would have been great 'cause I don’t know it, but I would know it then…

That’s a good idea for next time watching Sabata’s Return.

yes, sometimes I make my own versions of a film.
for this, I really cut the film, because the middle part isn’t really interesting/important for the story … and is annoying me. so I cut it; now it’s a film I will watch once again in the future …

but that means not, that I’m a friend of cut versions … when I buy a film I want an uncut version (as Bruckner said in a interview: nobody wants to buy a book, which misses some sides.) and I’m allways “frustrated” when I recognize, that a bought film is cut …

on the other hand, if I have two different versions of a film, I often make a longer version for me - for example “long live your death”, there I have the cut english and the cut german version. so I made my (maybe?) uncut version.

Skipping is always a good idea, even better is the fast forward button.

Fast Forward also shows why DVD is superior to VHS. Fast Forward with 60 times is an unbeatable argument for the blessings of technical progress.

[quote=“mwaf, post:16, topic:1405”]yes, sometimes I make my own versions of a film.
for this, I really cut the film, because the middle part isn’t really interesting/important for the story … and is annoying me. so I cut it; now it’s a film I will watch once again in the future …

but that means not, that I’m a friend of cut versions … when I buy a film I want an uncut version (as Bruckner said in a interview: nobody wants to buy a book, which misses some sides.) and I’m allways “frustrated” when I recognize, that a bought film is cut …

on the other hand, if I have two different versions of a film, I often make a longer version for me - for example “long live your death”, there I have the cut english and the cut german version. so I made my (maybe?) uncut version.[/quote]

Long Live Your Death is the Tessari film. Yes?

If so, there is (or was) a You Tube video which contains the missing scenes from the italian version.

[quote=“stanton, post:18, topic:1405”]Long Live Your Death is the Tessari film. Yes?

If so, there is (or was) a You Tube video which contains the missing scenes from the italian version.[/quote]

yes, both is right.
the you tube video missed some (very) little parts …

And the english version, which isn’t longer than the german one, included all these parts?