El Puro / La taglia è tua … l’uomo l’ammazzo io (Edoardo Mulargia, 1969)

Thought I could stick my poster here… It’s been framed up and on my study wall for a while now, but I can drool over it here as well now :slight_smile:

Lucky you! There is something wrong with this poster though. Did you spot it?

I should have put it in the lounge? :wink:

Does Woods wear a poncho in the film ?

That’s not it, silly. :slight_smile: About the picture in the poster.

No, he doesn’t. And there is something else.

Do you mean the holster which is on the left but he shoots with his right hand?

The burning house in the background is also not from the film. And the Italian title doesn’t make any sense either.

It is obvious the release company had no idea what to do with the film.

Yes. No boobs. Don’t know what they were thinking.

1 Like

You spotted it! And he was not crossdrawing. In the film Woods carries his holster on his right and he draws with his right.

Interesting - I wasn’t ready for a re-watch yet of this gem to check… but I know he does can crossdraw… as in My Name is Mallory.

He was a very good gun handler.

This poster (from the database) is more representative of the film, and shows him right handed with the gunbelt as you’ve described Brother Morgan…

It doesn’t stop me lovin’ my poster tho’… wherever the image may’ve originated from? :slight_smile:

I do not know, but it was re-used a few years later for La mia colt ti cerca… 4 ceri ti attendono.

On the subject of the burning house I would say that there is a question mark, considering that the Italian theatrical version is 121 minutes long.

Guess I brought it up just because I was envious …

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:233, topic:795”]I do not know, but it was re-used a few years later for La mia colt ti cerca… 4 ceri ti attendono.

On the subject of the burning house I would say that there is a question mark, considering that the Italian theatrical version is 121 minutes long.[/quote]

Never heard of such a runtime. Where you got that from?

The anica.it site named 100 min. The longest known version runs about 107 min. But the additions to the better known English 98 min version are of not much interest. And it ruins the wonderful opening shot.

From the censorship certificate (23 December 1969, film length 3294m*). The theatrical version was rated T (all ages admitted) with no cuts.

*equivalent to just over 120 min., to be more exact.

Why? (I never saw the 107 min. version)

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:236, topic:795”]From the censorship certificate (23 December 1969, film length 3294m*). The theatrical version was rated T (all ages admitted) with no cuts.

*equivalent to just over 120 min., to be more exact.[/quote]

But the anica runtime was only 100 min according tot he Bruckner book. And the Italian TV version ran 107 min. Again, where is this 121 min version? Is there anybody in this world who has ever seen it?

I would love to have such a version, cause the film has potential.

Why? (I never saw the 107 min. version)

The first scene of the 98 min VHS looks like it begins in the middle of a scene. In the 107 min version there are a few shots before that great opening shot.

This is like OUTW opening with a shot that shows Elam and co riding to the railway station.

El puro was aired in a quite good 2,35:1 version on Italian TV.

It seems it was the very same 98 min (94 in Pal) version which we all have on VHS.

This means:

1. The 98 min English version is not one created for the English speaking market, but comes directly from an Italian version. And this great opening shot was made on purpose.

2. As also a 107 min version once was aired in Italy, there is more than one version circulating in the land beneath the Vesuvius.

Is that common then two different Italian versions to a film out of curiosity ?

I think more often dozens of different ones exist per film.