[DVD] Latest and Upcoming Releases

can u check if that info is in the DB?

DB info:
Audio: German DD 2.0, Italian
Subtitles: German, English

great. just making sure that info we gather and discuss here also gets fixed within the SWDB proper

Off the topic of westerns, but the ‘Eurocrime’ Blu-Ray coming soon from Arrow Video seems to be Carlo Lizzani’s SVEGLIATI E UCCIDI.

They have a Sergio Martino movie coming soon too, and that’s either going to be one of his early 70’s gialli… or MANNAJA: A MAN CALLED BLADE.

Update - some guy on Blu-Ray.com noted that in response to a private message, they confirmed they have ‘plenty’ of spaghetti westerns forthcoming after CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES, but didn’t specify which.

How is picture quality?

[quote=“Anthony Thorne, post:1184, topic:43”]Off the topic of westerns, but the ‘Eurocrime’ Blu-Ray coming soon from Arrow Video seems to be Carlo Lizzani’s SVEGLIATI E UCCIDI.

They have a Sergio Martino movie coming soon too, and that’s either going to be one of his early 70’s gialli… or MANNAJA: A MAN CALLED BLADE.

Update - some guy on Blu-Ray.com noted that in response to a private message, they confirmed they have ‘plenty’ of spaghetti westerns forthcoming after CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES, but didn’t specify which.[/quote]

Where did they announce the Eurocrime blu ray?

They posted a collection of postcards on their FB page the other day, with 3 hidden cards in the background, one western, one Eurocrime and a 3rd one.

Oh yeah, I saw that, awesome someone matched up a postcard!

I started going through Volonte’s 60’s movies via title on Google images, and SVEGLIATI E UCCIDI turned out to be a perfect match for the small poster preview they teased on the postcard.

There’s a MANNAJA poster that as near as dammit matches the ‘Sergio Martino’ graphic also seen on that postcard, but they’ve mentioned they have a giallo coming soon too, so I’m half thinking it might be one of the Edwige Fenech giallos. I’m hoping they do a whole run of Sergio Martino movies though, as they’d all look great on Blu.

[quote=“Jonny Powers, post:1174, topic:43”]Damn it, just bought the German releases too… Seems I’ll be grabbing this as well, if not only for a legitimate release of The Stranger in Japan :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VQRFCUO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00VQRFCUO&linkCode=as2&tag=thequentintar-20&linkId=OXQHFBJGC4JE3FVE[/quote]

Anyone got their copy yet?

Could be better - some impressions of Sonora:

See more here:

Looks similar to a Television print I have somewhere re quality.

Yep, concerning picture quality this release is a bit disappointing. But taken all in all it’s a fine release of a long awaited movie.

looks like an overdose of edge enhancement

Yep, I think I have the same print somewhere too.

And the aspect ratio is not 1,66:1 as stated on back cover. It is more about 1,56:1.
I don’t know if the picture has been cropped or if it is squeezed.

Got the Stranger trilogy today, first film is on par with the German release, Returns is slightly grainier than the German release, Silent Stranger blows all previous releases out of the water though. Nice, clean picture, and its in 1:78:1 instead of the 1:33:1 of previous releases.

Could you post some screenshots of Silent Stranger perhaps? It’s a dvdr right?

From Bach Films in France UNA BALA MARCADA[/URL]

[URL=http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=490071700_je_signe_avec_du_plomb_garringo_122_172lo.jpg][url]Bachfilms.com : Votre Magazine Cinéma, Pop Culture & Business

It is not a dvd-r, Warner Archive releases are proper DVD releases as far as I can tell. After checking again I’ve noticed that there is a lot of compression the blacks, especially in the first movie. So that’s a dent in the video quality of that one. (see screenshot #3)