Duck, You Sucker! / Giù la testa (Sergio Leone, 1971)

31.12. at midnight … fireworks …

shaun shaun! :fireworks:

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.)

We only have one review of this movie.

Poll added (top of page).

Copied from SWDb General Maintenance:

1 Like

It’s not an American movie. It’s an Italian masterpiece!

Agreed. Who said it wasn’t? :thinking:

I mean, just look at this thread. :face_exhaling:

Yes, it is certainly Italian. Masterpiece is certainly in the eye of the beholder. :wink:

1 Like

It’s Leone and may not be on par with his other westerns but I love it and not all can be “masterpieces”. Real question is when are we going to get a nice new fresh scan on blu/4K? And one the is not graded in a yellow tint :unamused:

Well said.

I’m happy enough with the Eureka one.

2 Likes

Has some serious flaws I read. Even muzzle flashes removed due to thoughtless Overfiltering

Not what I’d call ‘serious’, personally. But, like I said, I’m happy enough with it for sure.

It has technical flaws as @Admin said but it is sourced from MGM’s dated master which isn’t bad but nothing like a new 4K could give us.

I don’t buy 4K. Cost me enough to upgrade everything from DVD. I’m more than happy.

I don’t either but just a 4K or even new 2K scan on a blu would be fine with me.

1 Like

Yeah, totally fine by me. I just refuse to throw any more cash away needlessly. Blu Rays of previously unreleased or only available films on DVD such as Blindman, The Forgotten Pistolero ect ect. is where they’d get me in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Oh I agree with you on the previously unreleased stuff and glad you are content with the current blu of Duck. Wish I was a little more satisfied but that goes for a lot of current blu’s… doesn’t stop me from enjoying the film at all though so not that big of a deal I guess.

2 Likes

Same.

I was told by a former colleague a while ago that with 4K they try and make it look like old films were shot with digital cameras. Is that right?

I am reading some really weird posts here. Fist of all 4k is just a shorthand of resolution for a digital image. You can scan analog Film negatives in 4k making the result look closer to the original theatrical exhibition and quality of Film projection compared to scanning it just in 2k which will, simple math, prove less detail and thus mean a loss of information. And you can shoot a movie in 2k, 4k or 8k, resulting in a product that offers less or more visual detail depending on your investment. Now HOW it will look artistically is a matter unrelated to the resolution. E g. a photo taken with the most expensive camera but lit unprofessionally will yield a bad photo. And scanning a badly preserved 16mm Film Strip in 8K will not do magic either

2 Likes

So my colleague was wrong then basically?