Drummer of Vengeance / Il giorno del giudizio (Mario Gariazzo, 1971)

Also, not sure on the exact differences but the Italian disc runs about 10 minutes longer than the French. Looks like its the first 10 minutes that are additional on the Italian, along with original opening credits.

I only have the fandub using the French source, so Iā€™m not sure if the original French release also contained the same first 10 min, as the fandub appears to be edited with custom credits

The ending - in which the recycled score works very well - is not for every taste: as far as Iā€™m concerned, thumbs up.

Whatā€™s the word on the Televista DVD? A VHS rip like most of their stuff?

Thats right a vhs rip, very washed out and fullscreen.

My VHS is only 73 minutes. Iā€™ve never watched it before. Is it worth watching or should I watch the uncut version instead?

1 Like

This film sucks. Donā€™t believe tomas

No, believe tomas.

1 Like

So, should I watch the uncut version or the cut version? Will it make much of a difference?

Well, i have no idea, which version iā€™ve seen - but i would go with uncut.

Things make a bit more sense in the uncut version for me.

I checked my version - its running time is 88 minutes.

The more cut, the better.

Anybody interested in a VHS of this?

Drummer of Vengeance has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like

Continuing on with the few spaghetti westerns that are a part of Tubiā€™s collection that I havenā€™t seen before, I watched this one this morning under the alternate title of An Eye for an Eye.

Let me start by saying that if you are going to promise me Rosalba Neri then, dammit, I expect Rosalba Neri! Not a series of blink and youā€™ll miss it flashbacks. :rage:

As for the movie, I am fairly certain that Tubi has the U.S. DVD version as it is letterboxed and is about as far away as you can get from a pristine print. The premise is good as I rather enjoyed the little mechanical drummer serving as a substitute for Col. Mortimerā€™s watch and I always enjoy a good revenge flick. The execution, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired. The freeze frame every time someone was shot kept making me think that my ROKU had frozen.

While it is always a pleasure to see both Craig Hill and Gordon Mitchell, and Rossano Brazzi is excellent as the Sheriff, I have just never been a Ty Hardin fan. Besides the fact that he seems to have gone off the deep end in his later years, there is just something about him that has always grated on my nerves. Though he did prove himself, at least in this instance, to be quite the master of disguise. :roll_eyes:

Finally, have I mentioned that I was deprived of my expected dose of Rosalba Neri? :rage:

2 Likes

Yup! ā€¦ No talent neo nazi asshole.

4 Likes

This is Fidani like trash movie with a couple of nice ideas (the toy and the disguis was fun) and that is it. It gets boring after a while. It is kinda sad to see Craig Hill in a movies like this one.

Well i dont know if anyone is going to read this since last time i posted nobody read my post :frowning: but today i have a question where can i find the ultra short cut of ā€œdrummer of venganceā€ from 1971 i know i know the full film is on youtube but i specifically want the ultra short versionā€¦cause Idk i just want to see how Stupid it is lol.

people do read it but maybe the reason for no replies is/was that nobody among those who did read it had an answer for you :frowning:

2 Likes

Thats ok