Do you consider it a Eurowestern if the director is an American?

Please vote ;D

If a movie is made in hollywood by a foreign director its still an american film,right? i dont consider psycho a british film because hitch directed it.just my opion. :-\

If the director was an old geezer from Hollywood it wouldn’t be a eurowestern, even if it was shot there, but people like Monte Hellman and Clint Eastwood could definitely have made a true eurowestern, Hellman even did with his last western “China 9, Liberty 37”.

if it’s shot at least in parts in italy and spain, if most of the actors are italian and it is an italian production, then yes.
that’s why valdez il mezzo sangue is also listed in the database

Any western produced and funded by european producers and financiers and made in Europe is by definition a “euro western”. It doesn’t matter if the director was born in Italy, Argentina, Botswana, Cambodia or the USA.

[quote=“Sebastian, post:4, topic:269”]if it’s shot at least in parts in italy and spain, if most of the actors are italian and it is an italian production, then yes.
that’s why valdez il mezzo sangue is also listed in the database[/quote]

Thanks, I appretiate your oppinions.
Just for the reckord, Chino (Valdez il mezzosangue) was co-directed by Duilio Coletti (even if it´s unconfirmed on imbd).

As far as I know Alfred Hitchcock was born in England.

Ok, is this an opinion or have you read it somewhere?

Well… I believe a generally accepted fact. ”Euro western” = “European western”, get it? It’s not more complicated than that.

I don’t know why you ask this question. The Eurowestern were products of their time and an alternative towards the american ones. So Italian people wanted to do this. So I have to agree to the Seb. What counts is where it is shot and who produced it. It is an Italian film, although Eastwood, Van Cleef and Kinski played in FAFDM, isn’t it?

Sure, if “Get Mean” is an exclusively American production I wouldn’t call it a “Euro western”, even if an italian directed it or there are italians in the cast. If there are Italian coproducers, however, I would. For me the term “euro western” is a purely geographical definition. I don’t apply any particular style or theme to it.
I don’t label a western based on the director’s nationality, but I see your point now ;).

Get Mean is a spag western as well as Three Bullets For a Long Gun is an african. The first is shot in italy, the second in South Africa… The Movie doesn’t depends on the directer who made it.

BTW: Chelsea London got Maurinho as coach but is still an English soccer team and not from Portugal ;D Sick example :wink:

Off topic, but another sick example: California is now an Austrian province, since Arnold is the governor. ;D

Get Mean is an all American production (produced by Tony Anthony and Ronald Schneider for Strange Films), shot in US and directed by F. Baldi.

I won´t be comenting this one…

I thought this was the department for discussing westerns and not sports or politics (but I could be wrong)…

As far as I know Alfred Hitchcock was born in England
[/quote] :-* and as far as i know england is considered a part of great britain along with scotland and wales.

You wrote:

Correct me if I´am wrong, you ment that you don´t consider Psycho a Brittish film because it was filmed in Hollywood although Alfred Hitchcock directed it.

[quote=“JONAH HEX, post:14, topic:269”]As far as I know Alfred Hitchcock was born in England
:-* and as far as i know england is considered a part of great
britain along with scotland and wales.[/quote]

Yes, England is part of UK and Great Britain.

At first I thought you ment that Hitchcock was American.

No it isn’t. It is a spag western, cause it is shot in Italy: Time Breaker (1975) - Reference View - IMDb Also Bruckner mentiones it in his Book as a spag.

Imdb is not a reliable source. According to Thomas Weisser Three Bullets for a Long Gun is a Spaghetti Western and I don´t know where Brucker got his information but all the films that was (co)produced in Italy have an italian original title, which Get Mean doesn´t have. And as you see the producers and the production company are from US.

This is not true, either. What about Black Jackhttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Black_Jack (Link)?

This is the fact and if you don´t wont to believe it, it´s your problem.
It seem that this is some kind of a prestige-issue to you, who´s right or wrong and who´s said it rather than what is said (or written).

I don´t have time to chitchat, and like i said if you don´t wont to believe it, fine, it´s your problem.
I just want to provide the information, but I think people here can see what´s right and what´s wrong.

Matalo, do you have any source which says Get Mean is an american film? I can only find Italy.

IMDB has Italy, Fatmandan’s eurowestern site says “A 1975 Italian co-production [A Strange Films Productions (Rom)]” and New York Times’ review says it’s from Italy.

The two production companies for the film listed at IMDB might be from USA (atleast Cee Note is I guess since they handled the US distribution) but IMDB doesn’t give any country info for them while majority of the production companies listed at IMDB has a country code attached to them.

If Get Mean isn’t the film’s italian title, then what is?