Do you consider it a Eurowestern if the director is an American?

Great to have some italians on the forum!

Don’t you think Get Mean is a spaghetti because of Baldi?

That would be reason enough to call it a spaghetti, even if the money came from the US.

And what I’m just trying to say is that if the film ever played in Italy (which I’m quite sure it did?) then it has to have an italian theatrical title. If there is no other title in existance for italian theatrical release of the movie, then it has to be ‘Get Mean’, right? And if the italian theatrical title is ‘Get Mean’, then we can’t know for sure, just based on the name of the movie, that it would be non-italian.

For example there are some finnish movies which have their original finnish titles only in english so I’m sure there could be some in Italy as well.

All of this doesn’t of course mean that ‘Get Mean’ would have to be italian movie. It may very well be american as you say and thanks for the source info.

[quote=“Sundance, post:22, topic:269”]And what I’m just trying to say is that if the film ever played in Italy (which I’m quite sure it did?) then it has to have an italian theatrical title. If there is no other title in existance for italian theatrical release of the movie, then it has to be ‘Get Mean’, right? And if the italian theatrical title is ‘Get Mean’, then we can’t know for sure, just based on the name of the movie, that it would be non-italian.

For example there are some finnish movies which have their original finnish titles only in english so I’m sure there could be some in Italy as well.

All of this doesn’t of course mean that ‘Get Mean’ would have to be italian movie. It may very well be american as you say and thanks for the source info.[/quote]

I understand what you mean. But even if the film was shown in the Italian theaters and had an Italian title (that is non original) it doesn´t mean that it was (co)produced in Italy. The Catalogo generale dei film italiani shows every film that was (co)produced in Italy. And your welcome :slight_smile:

What about the official serial to Django: "Il grande ritorna"
Is that considered as a Spaghetti western?

Author Christopher Frayling has this to say about SW if you don’t already know:

The directors of spaghettis are usually italian, the locations crews spanish, the casts international. Nearly all spaghettis are co-productions, often with italian companies having the major commitment.