Do it yourself western

These are toyguns, I’ll have to fill them with concrete or something since the weight is not much more than a box of cigarettes,
the hat is a Christmashat painted black originally it was like this one:

Close-up picture
I don’t think these will be used for close-ups
The size of the guns is actually quite good…

I think the guns will fitt the guys who will be only in the film the be shot.

They look nice to me. Since replicas are quite expensive.

Gracias amigo,
even toyguns are expensive if you gotta pay everything yourself
10 guns x 6,- euro = 60,-
these lightweight guns I found in Berlin, most toyguns are sized for children, these are as big as the ones used in westerns. And I’m sure nobody will see that these are toyguns in the end as I’ll use them for mediumshots and wides.

I’ll post a picture of my rising hat-collection soon.

To all spaghetti-maniaks on the forum, I will make my next film 'cause I want to
but if there will ever be a suitable audience it’s you guys and girls. So please support if you can.

Have you seen No Mercy For The Hunted? Greek home-made Spaghetti, not great as a film but nicely done for such a low budget and interesting to see how he done it.

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:44, topic:2084”]To all spaghetti-maniaks on the forum, I will make my next film 'cause I want to
but if there will ever be a suitable audience it’s you guys and girls. So please support if you can.[/quote]
I’ld watch it if you put it up on YouTube or your own website.

By the way, the guns very good, I didn’t guess they were toy cap-guns!

@ silence: No
I’m learning a lot on this site,
I watch a lot for inspiration and because the worst westerns beat an evening in front of the tube.
I’ll track No Mercy For The Hunted sometimes later, seems interesting.
Actually before entering this site I made a lot of visits to fistfulloffpasta, Top 20 Essential Spaghetti Westerns, bij Scherpschutter have been my guideline for a while. (might explain my reaction on Keoma)

I’m also very fond of El Topo, Dead man and the Proposition and consider these films spaghetti, (in my own strange way)
I try to find Do it yourself westerns on youtube, but almost everything I see are duels trying in which the filmmaker tries to be Leone (music and extreme CU)

@ John Welles
gracias, the guns are one of the worst to give to a child (only 2 euro’s) and no water or little bangs come from it.

I will put the Hungry bears don’t dance on internet for a day or so soon, (and take it of line after) just for the people on the forum to watch it.
As I’m not behind the movie (script) anymore, and I think the trailer shows I have ability to create the necessary looks and in this way has use for budget / support etc. means towards my next project.

I think I have to paint this one (black)
I bought it at a second hand shop, it’s rather small, I guess it’s some high fashion lady’s hat

I just rewatched the trailer for Hungry Bears don’t dance

This Jan H. Hartog has the best face I’ve seen in a long, long time for a western
He also has the right way to move, which is also important
Don’t make any shorts without him, if possible

I just passed the compliment to him by mail.
As I based the film(script) on type-casting (the 3 leading characters are my best friends in Amsterdam) he’ll be double happy.

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:47, topic:2084”]I will put the Hungry bears don’t dance on internet for a day or so soon, (and take it of line after) just for the people on the forum to watch it.
As I’m not behind the movie (script) anymore, and I think the trailer shows I have ability to create the necessary looks and in this way has use for budget / support etc. means towards my next project.[/quote]
Thats very cool. I’ll definatly be among the ones who watch it!

Seems like things are going well on this project, Hungry Bear!
Keep up the good work.

By the way, that sombrero you have a photo of is not really a lady’s high fashion hat. It is just an overly decorated version of the sombreros worn by Mariachis. It is typical of hats sold to tourists in Mexico and in the Southwestern United States. Probably a hat made for children.

Looking forward to seeing the final version of HUNGRY BEARS DON’T DANCE!

And I also wanted to tell you that those guns actually look pretty good!
You can’t find Toy guns like that in the USA, anymore.
They should work just fine for your film, amigo!

Me too - thanks a lot. Great projects!

I’m not sure about the big hat, it has signs it’s made in Paris on the insite
believe it’s inspired by Mariachis hats.

For now I go out and see how much fur coats the people in the charity shop have collected for me
(they don’t sell them and promised to keep them for me)

Anybody here has an idea about marketing values of a click?

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:55, topic:2084”]I’m not sure about the big hat, it has signs it’s made in Paris on the insite
believe it’s inspired by Mariachis hats.[/quote]

Those Parisians did a good job of duplicating a Mexican “tourist” or Mariachi sombrero!

Actually it says: Paris 1900 - Roma 1898
and we all know Italians are quite good in copying American stuff…

Hey, amigo:

Nice!