Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)

Right, I’m totally a sucker for it and I don’t care! More Django plz!

Me too! Jeez, this trailer looks absolutely stunning! :o

Goddamn! Fucking awesome! 8)
Now I gotta see this flick!

yeah, trailer looks good!

i’ve seen the first one few month ago and that’s about it - it is probably a hardcore approach, but i don’t want to see any of it until i will be comfortably seated in a theatre :stuck_out_tongue:

usually my approach also, tomas

right, i remember you’ve said that in a different thread - my goal now is to know/see virtually nothing of some “coming soon” blockbuster - i’d say Star Trek Into Darkness is a good customer for this, or Man Of Steel or both

It looks like someone had a lot of fun editing the trailer…

At least the movie looks great now. But I guess I’ve got to have an approach towards the movie just like Tomas. It might turn out to be a trash, hope it won’t be.

I’m looking forward to it…when Tarantino is on it’s as good as it gets right now. It’s not going to be “trash”, not with that cast. The snow is a nice touch, reminds me of “The Big Silence”. It has a great look, but I’m like some of you guys in that I don’t want to see any more of it until it’s out and I’m watching it in the theater.

The cast doesn’t make a movie good. It’s a director who renders a flick great or not.
But I may have been a bit unfair, Tarantino has a talent and let’s hope he didn’t lose it just like Carpenter or Argento for instance. :wink:

[quote=“Mickey13, post:170, topic:2720”]The cast doesn’t make a movie good. It’s a director who renders a flick great or not.
But I may have been a bit unfair, Tarantino has a talent and let’s hope he didn’t lose it just like Carpenter or Argento for instance. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, those dudes are in a real slump. I think the magic eventually runs out for most directors if they keep the candle burning long enough.

On the other hand, without a good cast you’re film doesn’t have a hope of being great. So the cast for Django Unchained looks highly promising, especially as Tarantino relies on actors who can carry a lot of dialogue.

And, of couse, Django’s in the title. Must be good ::slight_smile:

Although I enjoy 'em, I’ve always found Tarantino’s films a bit too wordy. In the last Tarantino film I watched (Death Proof) there was far toooo much dialogue. He could learn something from the real Django and those leaner dialogue spags I reckon.

While I somewhat agree with your viewpoint, the garralous scenes in Inglorious Basterds (2009) are the best parts. He handles conversations very well, in fact that’s part of his attraction. His actions scenes aren’t particularly special, it’s what’s around them (sometimes) is.

By the way, welcome back to the forum our good Rev. after your disapearence from these hallowed pages for a quite a while!

Thanks John - I’m planning on revisiting spags any day now, so I thought I’d better get back in the saddle so to speak.
I haven’t seen IB yet - I’ll let ya know if I agree with ya thoughts then… hopefully I will - we’ll see :wink:

Dialogue in this film to me feels almost like a parody on what he did earlier, especially Reservoir Dogs and to a lesser extent Pulp Fiction. It just doesn´t work for me and is artificial to a point it gets annoying. The film doesn´t get a good rating from me anyway. There is almost no action and Brad Pitt, who I normally don´t have a problem with, is a pain to watch. Dreadful. The only thing worthwile is Christoph Waltz.

I liked Inglorious Basterds but somewhat agree with Bad Lieutenant also. The film was too long and drawn out, but also some really great scenes that maybe needed the build up.

Bad Lt. said it aptly - IB is artificial and it lacks gamesomeness and looseness of Kill Bill, even his so called Grindhouse flick was better fun…
but, it is Tarantino and he didn’t make a bad movie (yet), so i like IB, but it is not my favorite

[quote=“Mickey13, post:170, topic:2720”]The cast doesn’t make a movie good. It’s a director who renders a flick great or not.
But I may have been a bit unfair, Tarantino has a talent and let’s hope he didn’t lose it just like Carpenter or Argento for instance. ;)[/quote]

Just having some harmless fun here, but not necessarily…there’s lots of really good performances in movies by hack directors…and I don’t consider any movie trash if it’s got a really good performance in it…just my own personal opinion (I’ve never even been on a movie set, so what the hell do I know?)…

I’ve always liked what Orson Welles used to say, that unless a director is something of a cameraman, or a writer, or an actor, etc. etc. then he’s just the guy who says “action” and “cut”, presides over what would happen normally, and could go on for 30 years covered in glory, be incompetant and never be found out (I’m paraphrasing)…always found that interesting, and there’s probably something to it…I mean, someone like him would have known…although he said that 50 years ago, so maybe things have changed…