Django TV show in the works

What in tarnation

2 Likes

What Next ! Where is the new Django film thats what I want to know.

No reason why either project can’t be completely successful. Not to be shrugged-off, the musical-score for Django will have to avoid modern preconceptions. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

The good point is it’s being made in Italy…

I haven’t seen any recent italian tv shows or italian movies but I can’t see how this could be any good.
It won’t have the same atmosphere, grittiness, cruelty, violence, music, camera work and overall feeling.

The italian cinema from 1960 -1980 was something very unique that just can’t be remade today.

Django Unchained was good but it doesn’t feel like an italian western in my opinion.

1 Like

well it isnt :wink:

‘Django’ is being described as a high-concept reimagining of the cult 1966 Sergio Corbucci Western that launched the career of Franco Nero (pictured), but with the grit and edginess of today’s premium TV.

Eessh, I’m excited for this but I really hope they don’t take things too seriously, hopefully they’ll keep some of the campiness that has other series like Ash Vs. Evil Dead being so much fun to watch.

“Django,” which will be Sky Italia’s first full-fledged period drama, is likely to become the first of several Spaghetti Western concept series being developed in Italy to hit global screens. “They could potentially open up an entire new genre strand,”

Fingers crossed for a Django and Sartana Crossover!

Here we go

3 Likes

That guy has the charisma of a potato.

3 Likes

Not sure what to make of it all…

1 Like

I like that actor a lot, I’ve only seen FFtMC but I thought he was very good in it.

Looking forward to this. Curious where it will release in the USA.

Why not just wait to watch the show before judging it, I will give it a try happily, if it sucks it sucks

3 Likes

The title of the thread says it all to me, ha, ha.

My expectations are very low

2 Likes

When I see this type of setup, I think, ‘No thanks!’

Every cheapo straight to streaming service ‘western’ comeback wannabe has a gal like this - Pissh!

4 Likes

I’ll keep an open mind until the premiere episode actually airs, but it does appear they’re taking away from Django’s roots.

I’ve got loads of great SW stories going on in my head, but I unfortunately don’t have the connections to get them off the ground. If anyone would like to see make helm a 21st century SW, shot the way they made them in Italy, and dubbed into Italian with Translated Subtitles, please give this post a like and/or give me suggestions on how to make it happen, either here, on via a PM.

2 Likes

It’s great that you’re so enthusiastic about getting a movie made … I used to dream of doing this too when I was a young teenager.

My suggestion is try and come up with a strong original idea, because that’s what is really needed in cinema these days, plus it doesn’t cost anything except ‘blood, sweat and tears’ to write … no overheads, just talent required!

For the sake of gaining film making experience, in learning the basics … work on something reasonably uncomplicated, for instance, making a short documentary perhaps with interviews - It may not be as glamorous as making your dream project, but it will definitely make you better prepared for writing a screenplay and dealing with the 100s of problems that can and likely will occur .

Good luck with your future projects :wink:

1 Like

Seconded. :+1:

When I was 17, in 1976, after having seen ‘The GBU’, I wrote a novel called ‘Another Day, Another Dollar’. It was a tribute to ‘GBU’, and was only 126 pages long.

I then wrote a ‘Spag. West’ play, consisting of about 28 pages…

Neither came to fruition…

The point is, that you can always try, always strive, and always keep aiming for your dream or goal…

As for ‘Django’…a TV show!!!

No one will ever replace our Spaghetti buddy, Franco Nero…

’DJANGO’…with a silent D…

You don’t need connections…you just need you, to believe in yourself.

Corny…but true…

You and I are in the same boat. Plenty of stories, (some of mine are Westerns, some aren’t), but not many connections. At least I’m going to an art school right now. Best of luck to you! Hopefully we’ll both get somewhere.

1 Like