Django TV show in the works

1 Like

'Django' Teaser: New Sky Original Series Reimagines The Classic Spaghetti Western With Matthias Schoenaerts & Noomi Rapace.

Whats with the awful trailer music

1 Like

Review

Second trailer

Doesnā€™t look too bad. I guess mentally one has to just ignore the remake-ish aspect and judge it wholly on its own merits.

BluRay/DVD info added along with a new entry for it in the SWDb

I hope they donā€™t make this into a super serious western series like they do with a lot of western movies or action movies in general these days. If youā€™re gonna make something based on a spaghetti western, you gotta have the spaghetti western tropes that make the movies fun and stylistic.

4 Likes

I agree ā€¦ but I think we now live in such a different era from the 1960s, that everyone who loves to complain about exploitation and misogyny and race etc will prevent that from becoming a reality.

2 Likes

PS: Looking at the artwork with Noomi Rapace in her designer outlaw gear, makes me think this is a non starter. And Iā€™d bet the ā€˜Djangoā€™ these producers are thinking of is Tarantinoā€™s and not Corbucciā€™s :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Yeah thats true. You canā€™t do much these days without offending someone for any reason. In terms of the action movies that come out nowadays, I would say the creators of John Wick, Bullet Train and Nobody are on the right track. Theyā€™re fun action movies. But other than that, its just Marvel superhero movies and remakes of horror franchises.

2 Likes

I mean they got an actor who looks like a young Franco Nero and they kept the coffin. So it seems like they know which Django this is. The story doesnt seem anything like Tarantinoā€™s either. But who knows whatā€™s gonna happen in the show.

2 Likes

The action genre is currently very stale, in my opinion - Iā€™d love a resurrection of western adventure movies, if theyā€™re done with some new spin that reinvigorates the genre ā€¦ the American western was basically exhausted by the mid 60s ā€¦ then along comes 3 guys called Sergio ā€¦ the rest is history :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately we already know whatā€™s in the coffin! Well, maybe the general public donā€™t?

2 Likes

The general public doesnā€™t know thereā€™s an original Django either lol

5 Likes

:joy: Sad but probably true. If I can Iā€™ll probably get round to watching itā€¦Iā€™ll reserve judgement until then.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to give the series the benefit of the doubt but itā€™s on Sky here and I donā€™t have that so will have to wait a while anyway.

1 Like

some of our usual suspects over at Facebook have had not much good to say. but I am of the opinion that if you use the 1966 Django as the yardstick or frame of reference, you set yourself up for disappointment, better to apreciate it in its own right, which can still mean it sucks, but let it suck on its own not in living up to some old movie it never really officialy says it is trying to copy or surpassā€¦

1 Like

I guess any gun can play. It will be an interesting watch at least. :cowboy_hat_face: I think it looks too clean to be a western though.