Django (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Pretty nice idea!

I do a similar thing with the theme from ā€œReturn of Ringoā€

I love the theme, never listened to the lyrics that much. I think the mexican part is weak. It is just there to bring a bit of the FOD two sides thing into the movie, but it doesnt work for me. The rest is just perfect. I like it more than great silence.

Wonderful, both film and theme song!!

Very cheaply made, but this also adds to the surreal atmosphere in the film, so in a way this is a good thing!!

Classic early SW anti-western!!

My affection for this movie borders on the obsessive, itā€™s surely only a matter of time till I start dragging a coffin around with me. ;D

Donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned on these boards yet (didnā€™t see it in this thread), but the members of the punk rock group Rancid are huge fans of Django. The movie was supposedly in constant rotation on the tour bus, and they even wrote a song about the film for their ā€œIndestructibleā€ album.

And on the subject of Kurosawa, I would highly recommend Throne of Blood, his retelling of Shakespeareā€™s MacBeth in the environment of feudal Japan (of course!). This film features one of Mifuneā€™s finest performances ever, heā€™s virtually a one-man show throughout the entire movie.

Damn right.

Does anybody else hate the english audio for Django? I prefer watching Django with the italian audio with subtitles. Much, much better.

[quote=ā€œThe Gun, post:47, topic:148ā€]Damn right.

Does anybody else hate the english audio for Django? I prefer watching Django with the italian audio with subtitles. Much, much better.[/quote]

Iā€™ve only ever seen it with English dialogue, but i know what you mean about preferring the Italian track. Still, when i get round to watching this Blue Underground disc, iā€™ll be able to hear it in Italian finallyā€¦

When I first bought it I watched it in english and I hated the dubbing. But then you watch it with italian, it is so much better. It makes a difference too, some of the lines are changed for the better.

[quote=ā€œBill Wood, post:46, topic:148ā€]Donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned on these boards yet (didnā€™t see it in this thread), but the members of the punk rock group Rancid are huge fans of Django. The movie was supposedly in constant rotation on the tour bus, and they even wrote a song about the film for their ā€œIndestructibleā€ album.[/quote]That reminds me, i got a SARTANA cd from ebay quite a while ago thinking it was a film soundtrack, i didnā€™t have much info on the listing, anyway it turns out to be a fucking heavy metal album.
I hate heavy metal >:(

[quote=ā€œYodlaf Peterson, post:50, topic:148ā€]That reminds me, i got a SARTANA cd from ebay quite a while ago thinking it was a film soundtrack, i didnā€™t have much info on the listing, anyway it turns out to be a fucking heavy metal album.
I hate heavy metal >:([/quote]

Quite funny !

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:51, topic:148ā€]Quite funny ![/quote]Actually it pissed me right off.

If I was you I would probably feel the same way I reckon.

I read somewhere that someone compared the singing in the Django main-theme to Elvis Presley :smiley:

well it sounds a little like it. but itā€™s Roberto Pregadio, isnā€™t it? I love that title theme

Yeah I love it too, just thought it was funny because it does sound a little like Elvis.

Btw the score to A Bullet for the General sounds in parts exactly like the Django score, both by Bacalov.

What do you think of this? A good thing or too much recycling?

Oh interesting, I just started watching A Bullet for the General yesterday but then my girlfriend came over and we finished watching Once upon a Time in the West.

[quote=ā€œSilvanito, post:54, topic:148ā€]I read somewhere that someone compared the singing in the Django main-theme to Elvis Presley :smiley:

[/quote]

It comes close !!! By the way, awful picture of the King being already fat and stuff !!! Anyway, ā€œOnly the strong surviveā€ !!!

I give the movie 5 stars, itā€™s one of the best SW ever done and Nero is just magnificcent.
Remebering seeing it for the first time and keep wondering through the movie what the heck it was in the coffin.
Itā€™s totally brilliant!

Yeah, Iā€™m so happy I didnā€™t knew what was in the coffin before Iā€™d seen the movie.