Django Challenges Sartana / Django sfida Sartana (Pasquale Squitieri, 1970)

[quote=ā€œIā€¦Iā€¦Idiot, post:12, topic:1699ā€]

''Del Boca vista!"[/quote]

^ Best scene in the film.
Sartanaā€™s intro.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:14, topic:1699ā€]Am I the only one who likes this film here? So much that I made a fan dub for it (but later someone made better one)

7/10[/quote]

I was disappointed the first go around, but I was also very tired when I watchedā€¦ I think I will like the second time, and Iā€™d really like to view again after all this talk, but Iā€™m waiting on the full DVD to replace my old version before watching againā€¦

I do enjoy this one. Took a few views to get it. Must admit I had watched it a number of times when it was shown on TV in the UK. If you are expecting Django, Sartana, or something gritty then this isnā€™t it. Thereā€™s like some dry humour in there but not slapstick rubbish.

The introduction of Sartana was well done with the screen freeze and music in sync. They also did this on for hanging scene. Should of been used a few more times in other scenes.

The baddie firing his two guns, gets shot, and then puts both guns back in their holsters before being killed was great. Shooting the antlers down off the wall and capturing the baddie was neat. This was done years before Fawlty Towers tried it.

Itā€™s things like that which doesnā€™t make it run of the mill.

The theme song is catchy

Yes, itā€™s very nice.

Iā€™m definately in the minority here on this one

I like this one as well.
When I first saw it I was disappointed with itā€™s portrayals - particularly with Django. But, having seen so many sws since I now more appreciate it for what it is. I had a new copy arrive today which I bought on ebay which claimed to be English language with removable greek subs - althoā€™ fullscreen. Anyway, it would surely have been an improvement on my olā€™ vhs rip.
Unfortunately, altho it is a better print - itā€™s in Italian with non-removable Greek subs only. Fair play to the fellah in Greece that sold me it thoā€™ - I got an immediate refund and can keep the disc, so it was obviously a genuine mistake. But Iā€™m holding out now to see a better version to see it again ā€¦ so whereā€™s this print you got from Iā€¦Iā€¦Idiot? From the Sartana set maybe?
Anyway - this is the one I got todayā€¦

There is fan dub of this one Rev. Also coming out on Wild East very soon.

Really? Is this what they are releasing on the double feat. with Dead Men Donā€™t Make Shadows? I thought that one was going to be the other Fidani Django/Sartana

Rev- I could probably send a copy of the fandub your way, if ya likeā€¦ or its available via torrent if you play that gameā€¦

No. You are correct. My error :wink: .

Ah, got excited there for a second, but then again, I suppose a double feature of Fidani is quite alright with me

Always get mixed up with the two.

Easy thing to doā€¦ so many similar film titles, especially when it comes to theseā€¦

Confusing with all these Django/Sartana films, especially since two of them where directed by Fidani!

I donā€™t play that game ā€¦ so I reckon a pm is on the way :wink:

[quote=ā€œGualixo, post:6, topic:1699ā€]I agree with you guysā€¦ the music is something to remember, gutural voices, like gregorian chantsā€¦ Any release on cd for this score?

kind regards
Gualixo ā€œel banditoā€[/quote]

The Piero Umiliani score, including the title song, was re-used from the earlier Son of Django, and a CD of this was recently released by GDM. But as Iā€™ve lamented elsewhere on this forum, the choral pieces have all been left out.

As for the film, I loved the title sequence and song, but itā€™s all downhill from there on. Bizarrely, the tremendous stunt of both men falling off their horses and down a slope has a better camera angle in the credits than it does in the actual film!

But itā€™s not Greek with Italian subs ;).

Finally got 'round to burning The Reverendā€™s disc (wow I really take a long time to do this stuff) and had a rewatch to make sure everything was goodā€¦ I donā€™t know what the hell was wrong with me before, but I loved it this time. It has many of my ideal spaghetti elements and even some extras like the freezeframes. Perhaps I had not watched enough Fidani and Dā€™Amato yet, to really be able to appreciate the kind of excellence this film contains :smiley: Or rather, perhaps my views of what a good spaghetti is had not yet been sufficiently beaten down and worn away by low budget masters. At any rate, a new favorite definitely

You may have been in the wrong mood when you first viewed perhapsā€¦

Definitely a possibility. If I remember right, I was fairly tired and had already thrown away a few empty beer cans :wink: