Displaying/Showing Off the Collection (SW)

Hi all those in Italian Western Land,

I’m curious to know if anyone out there in the collecting world has a specific way of displaying the films in their collection. I have my own method, listing them chronologically to be exact, and wanted to see if others have a way they like. Here’s some photos of my collection, and I highly encourage others to tell/show how they do it. I’ll sporadically update when I add stuff to my collection, enjoy

5 Likes

Nice. You say that you order them chronologically but all your Arrow releases are next to each other :slight_smile: We have a whole subject somewhere discussing how one orders ones collection. I have mine ordered by publisher as that is most pleasing to the eye.

But I notice you bag your releases. Very nice. I do that as well for all the releases where the last line of defence is paper of some sort. That is e.g. boxsets and slipcased releases.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind reply,

I should’ve mentioned that I keep the majority of my Arrow releases together and sorted them by Japanese Crime/Yakuza/Gangster, Western, Giallo, and miscellaneous. My Criterion Collection is kept together too as they and Arrow are my top two favorite labels.

I’ll have to check out that section on displays, I didn’t see anything when I checked before starting this thread. Thanks.

Nice collection! I’m a bit confused though, since those titles aren’t in chronological order at all. Do you mean the chronology within which you bought them (eg you bought the Sartana box, then Django, then the Ringo movies, then Day of Anger etc.)?

My collection is divided it up into “Blu-rays”, “DVD films” (both of which are in my living room), and “DVD TV shows” (which, for space reasons, are in a different part of the house altogether) and then, after that, it’s alphabetical all the way. Not especially inspiring but it feels to me like the only way in which the collection doesn’t wind up becoming a bit of a disorganised free-for-all.

Thanks for the reply,

I meant to say in my initial post that I sort my collection chronologically and by packaging, box sets first, steelbooks/special cases (I.e slips, mediabooks, digipacks) second, and finally standard cases. I should’ve had it there initially but I didn’t want my opening of the discussion to be too long. I hope this gives everyone a fair idea of my methods.

1 Like

Ah, cool. Although I think that, in that case, you’ve got Django, Prepare a Coffin (1968) and Requiescant (1967) round the wrong way. :slightly_smiling_face:

I never thought of release date as an option, thanks :pray:

How many spaghetti westerns do you have in your collection?

The topic title made me think of this.

1 Like

Brilliant!

Too much.

1 Like

Not that many.

Blu-rays = 31
DVDs = 10
Cheapo DVD box sets = 8, composed of 130 movies (several of which are duplicates)

(I’ve included my Unchained Westerns 25-movie blu-ray amongst my cheapo DVD sets. With 25 movies crammed on a single blu-ray, the quality is very ropey indeed and not even close to “blu-ray” standard. It’s mostly “YouTube back in the dial-up days” standard, tbh)

EDIT: I’ve just checked the 130 movies on my various cheapo DVD box sets and, once I exclude the duplicate titles which appear on more than one box set, and also all of those titles which I own on dedicated DVDs/blu-rays, that 130 figure comes down to 90.

1 Like

I have about 60 to 65 SW titles in total in my collection, a nice mixture of Blu Rays and DVDs. I do have a couple of doubles, but they are of films I really enjoy, so I lump them as one title a piece. I imagine there are plenty of collectors here who have much, much larger collections than I, but mine is growing nice.

1 Like

Around 250

1 Like

I have 63. I probably had around 75 at one point. Trimmed it right back to around 30 but caught the bug again. :cowboy_hat_face:

Crikey!!

I actually have 5 SW blu rays. All SARTANA.

I have got rid of most cheapo collection l had. They were so bad they aggravated my epilepsy!!

2 Likes

I must have more than 100, I am in a slow process of reordering my DVD/BluRay shelves, so I can probably give a more accurate estimate once that Hunting Party returns with more reliable numbers from its expedition. If it turns out that they should kill all and just come back alone, that is.

1 Like

I may reach that number in the next few years.