Days of Violence / I giorni della violenza (Alfonso Brescia, 1967)

His lack of emoting tends to fit his characterizations well. I especially liked him in .32 CALIBER KILLER.

There is a fan-made English redub of this one, by Jerksi I think

Anybody know if the English dub is complete?

The German dub on the Koch disc is not complete, some scenes are in Italian

Is this the one that is set at the end of the war? I was just thinking of this film because I apparently have an MP3 of it.

Yes. Thereā€™s an opening title card that sets up the story before the movie begins.

Yeap, speaking as someone from Missouri, it definitely doesnā€™t look rightā€¦ I did get a good amount of enjoyment from the Butch character, just because every time someone refers to him, they make sure to include that heā€™s from Springfield- which is where I live

Pretty much agree with what everyoneā€™s said about this one. Entertaining, decent entry, a bit too American feeling for my tastes but not so much that I didnā€™t enjoy it. I think the main aspect of the American feel that didnā€™t work for me was the musical scoreā€¦ I just donā€™t like that classic western styled score at allā€¦ if it had a more SW styled soundtrack, I think it would of been a better film for me

I must say that this film got something that itā€™s totally unacceptable, they killed Rosalba Neri at the start, before any chance the script could go to some lesbian scene between her and Beba Loncar ;D
Well itā€™s a Love will win in the end kind of SW, I was hoping for a ending less happy.

Poor Peter Lee never conviced me as a capable actor, but it was good for SW, suitable for this roamtinc parts, I kind enjoy it, some fine shootings and fights, bad acting, a reasonable script, and not so good scenes sequence, The Bruno Nicolai classic score goes very well.
Abou location, that quarry was use in so many SW that should by now be called the SW quarry.
An avarage SW with some low acting (if you got Loncar who cares), but even with poor scenes sequence I still liked the directior job, he was at least able to maintain the momentum of film never really getting boring.

Liked it but nothing special, wonā€™t be seeing this one again for some time

[quote=ā€œEl Topo, post:26, topic:167ā€]I must say that this film got something that itā€™s totally unacceptable, they killed Rosalba Neri at the start, before any chance the script could go to some lesbian scene between her and Beba Loncar ;D
Well itā€™s a Love will win in the end kind of SW, I was hoping for a ending less happy.

Poor Peter Lee never conviced me as a capable actor, but it was good for SW, suitable for this roamtinc parts, I kind enjoy it, some fine shootings and fights, bad acting, a reasonable script, and not so good scenes sequence, The Bruno Nicolai classic score goes very well.
Abou location, that quarry was use in so many SW that should by now be called the SW quarry.
An avarage SW with some low acting (if you got Loncar who cares), but even with poor scenes sequence I still liked the directior job, he was at least able to maintain the momentum of film never really getting boring.

Liked it but nothing special, wonā€™t be seeing this one again for some time[/quote]

I also think itā€™s nothing special. An American-style spaghetti western with no surprises.
My rating 4 / 10.

Good idea. Shoot PLL at the beginning, and let the girls have instead a love affair, and ā€¦ bingo, a classic would have inevitably emerged.

Apart from that spoiled possibility I see the film just like you.

I thought this film was pretty good. Nello was awesome in it.

Showed in Swedish Theatres dubbed into English!!!

I giorni della violenza (1967)

Svensk titel: Skjut fƶr att ƶverlevaMer
Regi: Al Bradley
Producent: Bruno Turchetto
Manus: Gian Luigi Buzzi, Paolo Lombardo, Mario AmendolaMer
Foto: Fausto Rossi
Medverkande: Peter Lee Lawrence, Beba Loncar, Rosalba NeriMer
Filmtyp: LĆ„ngfilm
ƅldersgrƤns: TillĆ„ten frĆ„n 15 Ć„r Mer
Produktionsland: Italien
Produktionsbolag: Concord Film, Dorica FilmMer
Svensk distributƶr: AB GloriafilmMer
SverigepremiƤr: 1968-04-01

Handling:
Handlar om lokala uppgƶrelser mellan nord- och sydstatare i inbƶrdeskrigets

Enjoyed this one and do not mind the American elements as like American westerns. And PLL gets the girlā€¦SD would be proud of me :stuck_out_tongue: . Viewed the english fandub this time round

I like this one: in my opinion an underestimated SW, not uneven at all and surprisingly enjoyable.

I enjoyed this film! I thought it was pretty good. Easily on my top 40 list. :slight_smile:

One of my favourite mid-card genre entries and certainly a lot more than you would expect from watching some of Alfonso Bresciaā€™s later films.

My review of the Koch Media I Giorni Della Violenza[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Giorni%20della%20Violenza.html[/url] DVD.

Bruno has a brief appearance as a Union soldier.

1 Like

Watched this for the first time yesterday (Koch Media DVD). Very corny film, with too much romance. The story is pretty boring and the camera work is bad. Felt uninspired to me. The music is also subpar. Good thing I paid only ā‚¬5 for it.

After a short break, due to physical problems (I had a very painful intercostal muscle strain injury; it isnā€™t completely over yet, but the pain is bearable now) Iā€™m back with a spaghetti western review:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Days_of_Violence_Film_Review

The film seems to divide the community. I donā€™t think itā€™s a great movie by any stretch of the imagination (many things are simply mediocre), but I enjoyed it a lot. It has more story than most other minor spaghs and that is a good thing. Some good acting by supporting players also helped a lot.

Byt he way: I never fancied Beba Loncar, without knowing why. In Giustiā€™s book I read that Rosalbi Neri thinks her mouth was too small. Could be it ā€¦

This one was on my re watch pile. Viewed the fandub of the Koch disc. Like how the PLL character changes in this one. Lots of familar faces from Spaghetti land, and PLL gets his girl. Super !

Hi,
can anyone who has the Koch Media version of this film confirm if it has English sub-titles?
SWDB says it has English and German sub-titles but Amazon.de only mentions German sub-titles.

I have a copy of the movie with English sub-titles but the end seems to be missing.
Thanks.