Days of Violence / I giorni della violenza (Alfonso Brescia, 1967)

Database page: Giorni della violenza, I - The Spaghetti Western Database

Iwatched this movie (Sein Wechselgeld ist Blei / Days of Violence) on the german DVD release of Koch Media and I was amused. This Film is entertaining. I thought it was a mistake that Koch released a such unknown spagwestern. But the nice restored version with the in my opinion great play of Peter Lee Lawrence is indredible.

It is not the best sā€™ghetti, but worth watching. Not only because of the nice koch DVD. I donā€™t know anything about othr realeases in different countries, but I donā€™t think that there are some.

What do you think about it?

I didnā€™t like it that much. It was well made and had good acting, but I donā€™t know, it looked too much american too me, and itā€™s just not the style of Spaghettiwestern I like.

I know what you mean. But I think as a comparison to all those spags it is a good variety as a non american but american stylee spag westernā€¦ :smiley: You know? :wink:

and I donā€™t like Peter Lee Lawrence. I liked him in Sando Kid, but thatā€™s also not thaaaat good I thought

i think about him we could argue. i find him a good actor and i think he does fit good in this movie. he plays his role in an acceptable wayā€¦

Yes, I like Peter Lee Lawrence too. Heā€™s kind of different actor than usual spaghetti regulars. Heā€™s got looks and skills to play more romantic type of hero which is good thing in my opinion. All those Clint Eastwood-clones are getting boring anyway.

But I got to admit that Days of Violence wasnā€™t really that good film. PLL has his usual role of pasifist turning into a killer but somehow this didnā€™t really work that well.

Thats true. it was a little strange that everbody was against PLL only because of one murder which was not that badā€¦

And what about the guerrilas here? Are they good compared to Outlaw Josey Wayles?

I just got this one and even though itā€™s not a top SW I would say thatā€™s itā€™s better than what itā€™s given credit for in here.

This one is in my pile of ā€˜to seeā€™ movies. I must try and get around to it. Even if just to get involved in the great PLL debate!

Ok, finally got around to watching it and I must say I quite enjoyed it. This one is not going to be making a top anything list but it was passable in all areas and good fun for the most part. I must admit Iā€™m not likely to join the PLL fan club on the basis of this film but he was ok and the rest of the cast was strong enough to keep me happy.

I did find the landscape a bit far fetched as Missouri and the ranch looked like it was lifted straight out of Tuscany but, what the hell, I donā€™t watch these films for verisimilitude. What I did really enjoy (apart from Rosalba Neri of course, or should I say Russell Benari) was the beautiful print used on this Koch Media edition. A really clear widescreen picture which was a pleasure to watch in itself. Iā€™ve been picking up a few of these Koch DVDs lately and they have all been exquisite.

All in all I would recommend this one but donā€™t expect too much. Itā€™s a good, middle of the road Spaghetti. Nothing more. But that is good enough for me.

DAYS OF VIOLENCE 1967 PETER LEE LAWRENCE BEBA LONCAR Rosalba Neri

I also have the magnificent Koch Germany DVD release with crystal clear picture/Fab Audio

The plot was entertaining, involved, complex. The 3 leads Lawrence/Loncar/Neri SUPERB
This Film is definitely IN MY TOP 30 SW and should really be higher. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed this movie a lot, it fits my bill of a more obscure Spaghetti with sort of a low key cast; The standout name is actually Rosalba Neri, not even the lead. I think they use the same hill of rocks as 3 different locations in this one, shooting it from different angles each time. Iā€™ve only watched it once but I enjoyed it very much.

I also like Peter Lee Lawrence, heā€™s got that baby face but underneath there is sort of a controlled violence. This may not be his best role, my favorite is actually the war movie HELL IN NORMANDY where he plays a spy infiltrating a Nazi secret weapons base.

DAYS OF VIOLENCE 1967 , is a SW that benefits from a terrific cast, plot and direction.
Rosalba Neri and Beba Loncar provide excellent support to a great Peter Lee Lawrence.

I enjoyed this movie very much. A great cast and Peter Lee Lawrence as Johs is a good SW Hero. It isnā€™t a usual SW, but there is a connection to the American Civil War, which I liked very much. ā€œI Giorni delle violenzaā€ looks more like an US Western than a SW, but this didnā€™t really disturbed me. I have some problems with the character of Butch (Nello Pazzafini). There is no reason mentioned why he didnā€™t help Johs and why Johs became the leader of Butch. In my opinion there is something missing in the story about Butch and Johs during the war. About Beba Loncar and Rosalba Neri. Beba is somthing like a beauty in the Wild West. No wonder that everybody falls in love with her. The appearance of Rosalba Neri was too short and there is nothing to complain about the other actors. The Music Score of Bruno Nicolai is again marvellous.
Of course there are better SW, but for me I Giorni della violenza had a great Story, a good cast and of course a fantastic soundtrack of Nicolai.

[quote=ā€œPaco Roman, post:15, topic:167ā€]I enjoyed this movie very much. A great cast and Peter Lee Lawrence as Johs is a good SW Hero. It isnā€™t a usual SW, but there is a connection to the American Civil War, which I liked very much. ā€œI Giorni delle violenzaā€ looks more like an US Western than a SW, but this didnā€™t really disturbed me. I have some problems with the character of Butch (Nello Pazzafini). There is no reason mentioned why he didnā€™t help Johs and why Johs became the leader of Butch. In my opinion there is something missing in the story about Butch and Johs during the war. About Beba Loncar and Rosalba Neri. Beba is somthing like a beauty in the Wild West. No wonder that everybody falls in love with her. The appearance of Rosalba Neri was too short and there is nothing to complain about the other actors. The Music Score of Bruno Nicolai is again marvellous.
Of course there are better SW, but for me I Giorni della violenza had a great Story, a good cast and of course a fantastic soundtrack of Nicolai.[/quote]

EXCELLENT Film and Superb Review Paco. :slight_smile:
DAYS OF VIOLENCE 1967 has Peter Lee lawrence and Loncar/Neri as GREAT LEADS.
The Butch question may have needed more exploring but it was a minor point for me.

BEBA LONCAR Miss Beautiful Of The 1960s

BEBA LONCAR From Days Of Violence 1967

Following the scottish principles, I bought the DVD, I rewatched the film.

At least the film was better than I remembered it. Itā€™s still too naive and simple (but not too simple) to be a greater pleasure, but it was now somehow entertaining in an easy way and the directing seemed more assured to me.
The use of the here often beautiful looking italian landscape was quite good, even if the pass at the end was only a hillock and some of the scenes came back to the gravel pit grandeur. Only some of the action scenes are still terrible, as they look like childs playing cowboys and indians. But at the end we even got a short Leone like duel which was well enough staged.

PLL looked not as boyish as usual, and was generally good enough, even if in some scenes his limits as actor became again visible. And Nello Pazafini had a good time as Butch of Arkansas, the leader of the rebels who turns from a hero to a fallen angel.

The film was shot and released in 67 but actually looks more like one of the early Spags of 65.

After finally sitting down and re-watching this one as several failed attempts in the past prevented it, this one was very enjoyable. Not a great movie, but compared with some of Bresciaā€™s later works, itā€™s quite accomplished. I liked the score, too, especially the boisterous main theme. Itā€™s more in tune with American westerns, but I dug it nonetheless.

I liked this movie too. Pretty decent but nothing really special about it. I am a big fan of Peter Lee Lawrence though. Heā€™s boyish but believable.