Days of Violence / I giorni della violenza (Alfonso Brescia, 1967)

Good idea. Shoot PLL at the beginning, and let the girls have instead a love affair, and 
 bingo, a classic would have inevitably emerged.

Apart from that spoiled possibility I see the film just like you.

I thought this film was pretty good. Nello was awesome in it.

Showed in Swedish Theatres dubbed into English!!!

I giorni della violenza (1967)

Svensk titel: Skjut för att överlevaMer
Regi: Al Bradley
Producent: Bruno Turchetto
Manus: Gian Luigi Buzzi, Paolo Lombardo, Mario AmendolaMer
Foto: Fausto Rossi
Medverkande: Peter Lee Lawrence, Beba Loncar, Rosalba NeriMer
Filmtyp: LĂ„ngfilm
ÅldersgrĂ€ns: TillĂ„ten frĂ„n 15 Ă„r Mer
Produktionsland: Italien
Produktionsbolag: Concord Film, Dorica FilmMer
Svensk distributör: AB GloriafilmMer
SverigepremiÀr: 1968-04-01

Handling:
Handlar om lokala uppgörelser mellan nord- och sydstatare i inbördeskrigets

Enjoyed this one and do not mind the American elements as like American westerns. And PLL gets the girl
SD would be proud of me :stuck_out_tongue: . Viewed the english fandub this time round

I like this one: in my opinion an underestimated SW, not uneven at all and surprisingly enjoyable.

I enjoyed this film! I thought it was pretty good. Easily on my top 40 list. :slight_smile:

One of my favourite mid-card genre entries and certainly a lot more than you would expect from watching some of Alfonso Brescia’s later films.

My review of the Koch Media I Giorni Della Violenza[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Giorni%20della%20Violenza.html[/url] DVD.

Bruno has a brief appearance as a Union soldier.

1 Like

Watched this for the first time yesterday (Koch Media DVD). Very corny film, with too much romance. The story is pretty boring and the camera work is bad. Felt uninspired to me. The music is also subpar. Good thing I paid only €5 for it.

After a short break, due to physical problems (I had a very painful intercostal muscle strain injury; it isn’t completely over yet, but the pain is bearable now) I’m back with a spaghetti western review:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Days_of_Violence_Film_Review

The film seems to divide the community. I don’t think it’s a great movie by any stretch of the imagination (many things are simply mediocre), but I enjoyed it a lot. It has more story than most other minor spaghs and that is a good thing. Some good acting by supporting players also helped a lot.

Byt he way: I never fancied Beba Loncar, without knowing why. In Giusti’s book I read that Rosalbi Neri thinks her mouth was too small. Could be it 

This one was on my re watch pile. Viewed the fandub of the Koch disc. Like how the PLL character changes in this one. Lots of familar faces from Spaghetti land, and PLL gets his girl. Super !

Hi,
can anyone who has the Koch Media version of this film confirm if it has English sub-titles?
SWDB says it has English and German sub-titles but Amazon.de only mentions German sub-titles.

I have a copy of the movie with English sub-titles but the end seems to be missing.
Thanks.

Trust the SWDB :slight_smile:

Yeah, it definitely does.

Thanks Phil

C.S.C. actors Adalberto Rosseti and Claudio Trionfi, graduated in 1965 and '66 respectively and credited together in other three SWs (Wrath of God, Kidnapping and A Bullet for Sandoval), appear in the same scene at minute 45 as Union soldiers.

Adalberto_Rosseti

C. Trionfi GdV

Watched an English fan dub of the Koch DVD. Although it’s not exactly Peter Lee Lawrence’s best, I did enjoy it quite a bit. Perhaps we’ll see a Blu-ray from Wild East in the future.

Agree with the comments that this was like an American western (except for final gunfight) and about the irresponsible early death of Rosalba Neri. I thought it looked fairly cheap too - maximum number of about 15 at any one time riding around and at one point Hank takes a group of ten to the ranch to steal what he says are 50 horses but there only about 10 in the corral. ‘Johs’ is the name which appears on a wanted poster although it does seem like a misspelling. Also agree that this looked nothing like Missouri especially the ‘ranch’ which looked like a Mexican hacienda and was probably a set left over from other films. The main theme sounded a lot like the ‘funeral music’ from Return of Ringo. Thought it inferior to Killer Calibre 32 made by the same team just before this I think.

@Carlos has updated this film’s page in the database to the new layout. Please notify us of any changes that need to be made. We also appreciate links, reviews, facts, info and especially pictures. For this one, higher resolution posters (all languages) are needed.