Dario Argento

The bird with the crystal plumage is regarded as one of the finest giallo films and I couldn’t agree more, with plenty of beautiful young women being stalked, tied up, and of course killed, Argento keeps the viewer on the edge of his/her seat, and this film isn’t nearly as gorey as the other works I’ve seeen by him. I found a few scenes to be a average, that look like they were shot in one take,
one if which was the scene where Sam is nearly killed with a meat cleaver, another being the scene where Sam meets the painter ( who eats cats!) both of which don’t do the film harm, but aren’t dynamic, nor innovative like many of the other scenes, ( for example the scene in the lot with the buses where Sam is being stalked, and of course the scene where Alberto falls out the window, as well as the scene where the young girl named Tina is killed. All in all a must see Giallo, much more interesting then Suspiria, and much more inspired then Deep Red. Argento proved he could make a film with a great plot ( yes theirs a great twist) and proved one dosent have to splatter blood all over the screen every few seconds to shock and terrify audiences.

Awards time

For the londoners

2 Likes