Dario Argento

I watched Fulci’s ‘Seven Notes In Black’ a couple of nights ago… Great movie…

Thanks for the response, Yodlaf. I got the copy of it recently but I’m in no hurry to watch it. Maybe some day when I’m in the mood for crappy film.

A damn shame… :frowning:

I quite enjoyed Mother of Tears, and there are worse Argento films for me.

I like that one as well, but not as much as the ones i’ve mentioned above

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:20, topic:605”]A load of SHIT, seriously, i ignored all the bad reviews and wanted to judge for myself, i wanted to like it because it was Argento but it is atrocious.

Daria Nicolodi floating around as a ghost looking like Obi Wan Kenobi from star wars, rubbish.

Awful acting, shit story

After years of wanting him to finish off the three nothers trilogy i wish he hadn’t bothered

Terrible, Terrible film[/quote]
Agreed! His worst movie, it ruined my day to see such a great director hitting the rock bottom with such a crappy movie. Incredibly silly story, bad acting, atrocious CGI, mundane directing [what happened to Argento directing style?] and showcasing gore just for the sake of it. The story felt like it was written by some begginer scriptwriters, that have never seen Aregnto’s movies before and were told to watch them once and contain some references. Terrible!!!

I hated just about everything in this film but this kind of “fan service” was what annoyed me the most. Obviously Argento didn’t make this film the way he wanted but instead tried to guess what his “gorehound” fans like and ended up with film that has none of his usual visual style, just some stupid, cheap gore scenes that are there for their own sake. Awful film, even the worst later day Fulci films have more style than this. 1 star out of 10 for sure.

:smiley:

I really tried to like this film and kept telling to myself that it will get better during second half… it was this “Obi Wan Kenobi” that finally made me lose all hope. :stuck_out_tongue:

I managed to watch “Five days of Milan” today. Very interesting movie i must admit. About 20 minutes too long and it sometimes drags, but still it’s a good one. It mixes some rather stupid slapstick with some harsh scenes and it has got a strong anti-revolutionary themes. I simply love the ending i must admit. So i say i would recommend it to anyone that can track this movie down.

Recently watched Argento’s “Jenifer” from Masters of Horror on tv. Short movie about a cop who saves a horribly disfigured woman from being murdered…

Not DA’s best stuff and not very original but still creepy somehow !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:30, topic:605”]Recently watched Argento’s “Jenifer” from Masters of Horror on tv. Short movie about a cop who saves a horribly disfigured woman from being murdered…

Not DA’s best stuff and not very original but still creepy somehow !!![/quote]I think it’s quite common in tv horror but I could guess the ending on the first minutes. Nothing special even if it’s directed by Argento. I didn’t saw the other parts of this series so I don’t know if the other’s are better (I wanted to see the Miike episode but sadly missed it)

But I agree that some scenes were quite creepy in a strange perverted way.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:31, topic:605”]…I could guess the ending on the first minutes.
But I agree that some scenes were quite creepy in a strange perverted way.[/quote]

True, very true !!!

Not seen “Jenifer” but i watched “Pelts” with Meat Loaf and John Saxon which was quite good.

Seen plenty of Argento’s horror flicks and nothing really catches my attention except for [glow=red,2,300]Deep Red[/glow] which is in running for my favorite Giallo picture (alongside Your room is a locked door and only I have the key).

Phenomena

Not the director’s best work but it has its moments… :slight_smile:

I like the score but think the Heavy Metal music doesn’t fit the movie !

Next will be Tenebrae and Deep Red

I’ve tried to get Suspiria but couldn’t find it anywhere :frowning: !!!

His best movies! You will have a blast with these ones!

TENEBRAE

Very good movie, I’ve enjoyed it a lot :slight_smile: !

Next are Deep Red and Suspiria as I finally found an available release !

Suspiria

Well, I liked it a lot but there’re too many questions unanswered at the end which I would’ve liked to be answered and that was kind of disappointing.

I’ve enjoyed it anyway…

not the biggest fan of argento, but like him better than in my opinon the other over rated italian horror director fulci,I prefer fulci’s SW’s, anyway back to the thread, my top 3 dario argento films are:

1. SUSPIRA
  2. TENABRE
  3. OPERA

I like Deep Red the best.