Cultcine DVDR's

so matalo will be better than the wild east version i suppose?

the mercenary offer sounds interesting, but koch’s upcoming disc will probably be hard to beat, even though it will probably not arrive this year

Think I will wait for the Koch official release of The Mercenary, instead of a copy on a dvd r 5.

Whenever this will be…

True.

I’m still happy with my Stingray disc.

I live in the U.S. so I don’t even think I’d be able to play a German DVD.

u really need a multi-region dvd player, amigo :slight_smile:

I still manage ;D

Hie thee down to your local Target and spend $40 on a Phillips DVP1013. Easily hackable little workhorse, best $40 you will spend this week.

That is good value.

Does Koch have an official website?

dvd-klassiker.com but some links don’t seem to work right now, especially the most important part: “vorschau” (preview). but if you know the title, you can do a search for it there

Check the video comparison on the site.

A question about your Matalo release. What’s the runtime?

Matalo - 1hr 29min

Looks good, although I’ll wait for the upcoming Koch Media release of The Mercenary

Interesting.

The Bruckner book says 101 min, but that may be wrong. But my German VHS is then cut with 92 min.

This will at least give those in North America a decent copy since the Koch will be PAL.

Surely your TVs should be able to handle PAL like European sets can handle NTSC. Shouldn’t be a problem now a days. Plus the Koch Media release will be on a DVD9 disc whereas this will be a single layer DVD-R which will give increased compression (lesser picture quality) …

Needless to say I am waiting for the Koch Media release also … Been for a while actually, damn they are stretching time to the limit :slight_smile:

Good point.