Cultcine DVDR's

Just found a site selling a new remastered version of Sonny and Jed

There are screenshots on the page too.
http://cultcine.com/?page_id=29&category=1&product_id=52

I just got a copy and I must say it’s the best version out there.
I don’t know where they got their source from but it’s excellent quality.

From the French dvd[url]http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/f41173-far-west-story.html[/url].

Is this then a DVD-R of the new French DVD but with the English audio, not included on the original French release, added?

I don’t have the french DVD to compare the two,
but maybe that’s what was done, this disc is NTSC though.
No digital artifacts or anything on my 42in Plasma screen that I noticed.
The audio sounds solid throughout the disc.

Maybe if someone has the french DVD, I could post screenshots of the Cultcine disc.

I don’t have the French disc (yet), but here’s a review with some screenshots:

There are two audio tracks, Italian and French, both are rated 7/10

Click on ‘Lire la suite de l’article’ to see the rst of the review

Found a French site with screenshots too,
I tried to take a screenshot to match the image I found (it’s not the exact same frame)
I uploaded the French screenshot to Imageshack.
The French DVD looks really dark and colors are dull.

WildSide FR PAL DVD

Cultcine NTSC DVD

[quote=“django1979, post:6, topic:1678”]Found a French site with screenshots too,
I tried to take a screenshot to match the image I found (it’s not the exact same frame)
I uploaded the French screenshot to Imageshack.
The French DVD looks really dark and colors are dull.[/quote]

That’s right, it’s mentioned in the review of DVDrama (my link) that the DVD is a bit too dark

It seems a lot of SW titles are now beginning to show up at different DVD companies

Probably won’t be long until this one is released again on an official DVD

Just got a look at cultcine.com and I was wondering about this:

[size=2]“The section of American copyright law known as “The Berne Act”
clearly states: films unreleased in the United States,
including original version of films altered and/or edited for
release in the United States, are not protected by
American copyright…”
[/size]

That´s a joke, isn´t it? I hardly can´t believe this ???

What about international shipping (Germany)? Any experiences?

I wouldn’t support cultcine either. They rip off peoples fan dubs and start selling them!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer”]I’m personally all for fandubs. The koch discs are great of course, but they are also “imperfect”. I know autophex has made some great fandubs and it looks like cultcine has done a fine job too. I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong, eat crow, and face the music, as cultcine clearly did not rip other fan dubs off but instead made their own, superior version. The bottom line is you have to satisfy the consumers thirst and I’m all for anyone that does that.

Yeah its sacriledge to watch sonny and jed in anything other than english. Hearing Tomas Milian drop some F-bombs in his own voice is priceless.[/quote]
Like on the BU Run Man Run interview…

“If there is one thing I know for sure, its that i am f----ing talented!”

Quite Priceless…

Great work! A very welcome servie to the North American Spaghetti Western viewing world.

What source prints were used ?

Looks like the Video isfrom the Italian DVD

Anyone have any reviews of any of cultcine’s DVDs? Also, does anyone know how to get an account there? There’s a sign in but not registration options.

I have gotten Face to Face, Tepepa, and Just received They Call Me Hallelujah. The PQ is really good DVD quality. I have been mostly watching movies on blu-ray so I am getting used to watching things in HD, but for DVD it is good. I simply ordered straight from the cart and wasn’t able to set up an account either.

How long did it take for your DVDs to arrive. I ordered Sonny and Jed about a week ago and haven’t gotten it yet.

Cultcine isn’t real fast but reliable. Usually under 2 weeks and quicker than Amazon.com.

They look awesome. I hope they cleaned up the English track for Face To Face. My version sounds underwater for the first few minutes.

Mine too