Cry, Onion! / Cipolla Colt (Enzo G. Castellari, 1975)

Just make sure theyā€™re fried! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you kidding?! :wink:

I wonā€™t ruin my viewing with fried onions, Iā€™ll get a bag of raw, hot and huge onions. Itā€™s going to be a hell of an experience. :smiley:

Last night, I ate a ton of fried onions. Love the things! ;D

Iā€™ve just seen it. Bad as it was, I chuckled a few times, being taken aback by the movieā€™s uncanny impetus of stupidity. The stuff wasnā€™t mildly amusing on account of slick gags, but because of how ludicrous and wanton its slapsticks and other asinine ingredients were. I conjecture I chose not to turn it off, since the filmā€™s unpredictability somewhat managed to rivet me and make me wonder what the fuck was going to occur next. Nevertheless, I think Iā€™ll be compelled to have a bath, for even though the movie is over, the reek of onions has remained with me. Mr. Castellari, shame on you! Yuck! 3/10

I believe that some scenes surpass Django Kill in terms of bizarrenessā€¦ :o

Yeah, the film really is strange in a way that surpasses most of the usual slapstick western stuff

The scene where he drinks the onion juiceā€¦I almost puked. lol

Ha! Could you imagine what that would taste like? Yuck.

I watched this again last night, this time english fan dubbed version. Film is certainly better than itā€™s reputation and i think itā€™s one of the better sw comedies. Itā€™s crazy as hell and infantile film but well directed with good cast and nice looking locations.

I had seen it only in italian before but it was actually really easy film to follow even without understanding the language. The biggest difference in english version is that they omitted the talking horse from it. Not sure if thatā€™s a good or bad thing thoug. :slight_smile:

6/10

1 Like

Aw man, no talking horse???

Ridiculous!

But without the talking horse the audience canā€™t understand the deeper meaning of Neroā€™s curly hair, and then the film doesnā€™t make much sense ā€¦

1 Like

Very bizarre movie this one. There are just so many things. The weird guys on bikes, Martin Balsam with a hand of gold, Romano Puppo with long braids, a talking horse, that the very pale gay couple and of course Franco Neroā€™s Onion-character.

Franco clearly steels some of Terence Hillā€™s ā€˜movesā€™ from especially the Nobody movie but he does a fine job. He clearly has a talent for humour so if you can accept that itā€™s going to be bizarre even for an Italian slap-stick comedy go ahead :slight_smile:

The Koch Media BluRay I watched looked by the way very nice.

1 Like

Just re viewed this one. Starts off whacky I would say and an improvement from my last viewing. But things do not last that way, things just get way to silly and slapstick for its own good. Role is a change of pace for Nero. Its one western by the director I have heard no one say is their favourite, unlike the next western by the director. Viewed a fandub of a Blu Ray print which was very nice quality, probably to nice a quality for this film :grinning:

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new 3.0 format. Please have a look, let us know if you see anything that needs to be corrected, expanded or changed. Maybe you have information you can add or pictures.

Old post, but just curious if you recall where you found this fandub. Iā€™d like to find it uncut in either English dub or with English subtitles. The only copy Iā€™ve seen in the U.S.A is a heavily edited version on Tubi.

Doesnā€™t the German Blu have English subs?

Nope. German dub and thatā€™s it. Check out this excellent site for reference:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Cipolla_Colt/BluRay

4 Likes

As said in another thread I watched this on the big screen with an introduction of van Koolhoven. He did not say much about the movie but some made sense:

• Terence Hill had to follow Franco Nero for the Django part in Preparati la bara!, looks and acting were copied. In this movie it is the other way around and Nero had to move and act like Hill

• In the English dub the voice of Nero was not heard although he normally had this in his contract. Somehow they used a voice similar as James Stewart

I was glad to see it in a theater with other people, it gave this bizarre movie a bearable watch with reactions from other persons.

5 Likes