Cricket Golf Tennis Snooker Other Sports Past / Present Discuss

CRICKET GOLF TENNIS SNOOKER PAST PRESENT DISCUSS COMMENT UPDATE

CRICKET controversy as RICKY PONTING reports Harbajahn Singh for “monkey” taunts
against Andrew Symonds ??? :D. Has the Famous Aussie Sledging got out of hand ?

AUSSIE CRICKET SLEDGING GONE WRONG

Legendary Aussie fast bowler GLENN MCGRATH was bowling at Zimbabwe last man
EDDO BRANDES who kept on playing airy shots and just missing edging a catch.

A fed up impatient , irritated McGrath walked up to the chubby/portly Brandes and said :

“Ohi Brandes why the hell are you so damn FAT mate?” ;D

Brandes quick as a flash replied to a stunned McGrath :

“because every time I FU-CK your wife she gives me a biscuit !!” :smiley: :wink: ;D :o

Even the umpires and Aussie fielders were falling over laughing at that one… :wink:

SD why are you always using capitals in your posts for names and stuff. I find it kinda annoying and it’s harder to read your posts when they’re like this…

I use CAPITALS to HIGHLIGHT important matters and that is my business when I choose to use them NOT yours. I would have thought common sense told you why some things are highlighted , without asking such trivial nonsensical questions.
Your posts in plain small letters I find extremely routine and lacking any appeal :’(
in fact I hardly notice them as there is nothing that stands out or is highlighted.
Your badly out of focus “picture” that you force everyone to see is also very annoying.

Many other posters use capitals to good effect as I do, I fail to see what your "problem"
is except that I gave a negative review of a film that apparently you “like”. ???

If you have something useful to post do it , otherwise dont be so offensive/ intrusive :’(

Also when somebody posts something it is good manners to COMMENT on the post
not to make impolite comments on matters that are not your prerogative.

Other posters choose to post their family pictures with each post, or post massive
film photos or some other posting characteristic that is THEIR BUSINESS NOT YOURS.
I would never dream of saying something like you said as I would be offending them
and showing BAD WILL towards them.

Point made…

I agree with SD. I don’t have a problem reading capitals or bold letters.

Thanks Col. D.Mortimer , I appreciate your support and common sense. :slight_smile:

Def[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:5, topic:827”]I agree with SD. I don’t have a problem reading capitals or bold letters.[/quote]Definately, i personally think it makes it easier to read and is a good way of highlighting things.

Bold is fine with me but CAPITALIZING is not what I like. I allready told that i think SD´s style is a bit cofusing, but we don´t need another topic with it.
To this topic(even though i still don´t see its intention, or what golf and tennis and snooker do here???)
Cricket is the only sport that i do not get, no idea how to score or anything. And all I heard is australians telling me they go to get drunk. I guess its good to do this there because they take quite long. But SD has to have another reasons.

but the fat reverse line is a classic, usefull on every football pitch. Just like this one:
“how is your wife and my kids doing?”

Yes that makes good sense Yodlaf thank you.

Val I am sure you know SALOON is Off Topic and anything is actually on topic.

We already have a thread for filth-ballers …sorry footballers so I have here provided a
more discerning thread for the more distinguished world wide sports :

Cricket , Golf , Tennis , Snooker and Others Past and Present.

I trust that if anyone is not knowledgeable about any sport then they will do as I do
LEARN and APPRECIATE it as soon as possible. :slight_smile:
Sorry to correct you but the drunks/hooligans are NOT at any cricket or golf matches but
at Football matches where the boring pitch “action” is matched by drunk hooligans on
the terraces and usually involve expensive police presence to keep order and safety :’(

Finally as I explained what features you use or I use when posting is down to the poster.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:10, topic:827”]Sorry to correct you but the drunks/hooligans are NOT at any cricket or golf matches but
at Football matches where the boring pitch “action” is matched by drunk hooligans on
the terraces and usually involve expensive police presence to keep order and safety :’([/quote]

I couldn’t agree with you more SD. Soccer seems to be the only sport which regularly has a problem with violent fans. Is it pent up frustration from watching nothing much happen for 90 minutes that causes this? I know most fans are well behaved and just want to enjoy the sport, but the actions of the few reflect on all fans. But what about those fat, beered up louts who shout “in the hole” at golf tournaments? The seeds of golf-hooliganism being sowed?

I have never understood why so many people are interested in football, but each to their own I guess.

I prefer cycling ;D.

Watching cycling (boring) or participating (fun)?

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:10, topic:827”]Val I am sure you know SALOON is Off Topic and anything is actually on topic.

We already have a thread for filth-ballers …sorry footballers so I have here provided a
more discerning thread for the more distinguished world wide sports :

Cricket , Golf , Tennis , Snooker and Others Past and Present.

I trust that if anyone is not knowledgeable about any sport then they will do as I do
LEARN and APPRECIATE it as soon as possible. :slight_smile:
Sorry to correct you but the drunks/hooligans are NOT at any cricket or golf matches but
the terraces and usually involve expensive police presence to keep order and safety :’(

Finally as I explained what features you use or I use when posting is down to the poster.[/quote]
And God has spoken again. Football is the number one sport in the world, USA1.

Participating for sure.

Just do light touring now, as I have a dodgy knee.
My longest tour was from Seattle to Mexico in 1995, which was great stuff, and I even managed to pick up a few VHS Spaghetti westerns along the way.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:10, topic:827”]Sorry to correct you but the drunks/hooligans are NOT at any cricket or golf matches but
the terraces and usually involve expensive police presence to keep order and safety :’([/quote]
Sorry to correct you SD but I have been to a number of football and cricket matches and I have seen more drunks at cricket than football. A full day event with a beer tent nearby kind of makes this inevitable I suppose. It is true, however, that these drunks do not usually embark in any hooligan behaviour. They usually just go to sleep.

As to why it is the football fans who are more likely to behave badly, I really couldn’t say. I have been going to football matches since I was six and have never been involved in any nastiness and most people I know would say the same. Football fans I think are, on the whole, more passionate than most other sports fans but that doesn’t mean we are all thugs. It is genuinely an unfortunate minority that get us all a bad reputation and grab headlines whenever they play up.

Glad you have started a thread for other sports though. Always nice to have a variety of topics to discuss.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:4, topic:827”]I use CAPITALS to HIGHLIGHT important matters and that is my business when I choose to use them NOT yours. I would have thought common sense told you why some things are highlighted , without asking such trivial nonsensical questions.
Your posts in plain small letters I find extremely routine and lacking any appeal :’(
in fact I hardly notice them as there is nothing that stands out or is highlighted.
Your badly out of focus “picture” that you force everyone to see is also very annoying.

Many other posters use capitals to good effect as I do, I fail to see what your "problem"
is except that I gave a negative review of a film that apparently you “like”. ???

If you have something useful to post do it , otherwise dont be so offensive/ intrusive :’([/quote]
Come on if this is offensive everything is. I only asked why you used it and of course I could see that you used it on stuff you thought important. Don’t make a point out of something that’s not…

Thanks Cian I think we feel the same about soccer/football and I think the violent
behaviour on the pitch causes similar violent hooliganism among fans.
Footballers are seen to spit (disgusting habit) continuously, swear, grab each others
bal-ls :'(, commit fouls, pull jerseys, kiss each other passionately :-* :o and more evil :smiley:
Having said that I can see Phil’s point and I believe him when he says He is well behaved and the trouble at football matches is caused by a minority.
Regarding at golf matches some usually Hamburger eating American shouting “in hole”
well that is more funny than dangerous really :smiley:

Hi Phil ,
I appreciate and can see what you mean concerning drunks at other sports
than football. Of course it is always a minority that spoils it for everyone but the
goings on on the football pitch as I described are offensive/provocative :o.
I accept totally that you are a well behaved “family” man attending footy peacefully.

Yes earl you see what the point is therefore ?

GOODWILL and TOLERANCE

If you make sarcastic/nasty remarks about my posting style/use of features, I can be
just as offended by your lack of style/capitals, your fuzzy forced picture and so on and on
That is why I like to if possible praise people, make a pleasant comment and be positive.
We can all find fault and be critical of anything if there is Ill will, so lets have goodwill :slight_smile:

I am highly honoured, touched, exalted to be addressed by Bad Lt as :

GOD USA1

I can confirm that I will do my humble best to live up to those stupendous epithets :wink:
I hope there is no “copyright” involved as I lack funds $$$$ for any possible “dispute” :wink:
I gather from the above quote that Bad Lt is a big Football fan & he looks up Julian Clary :o