Coolest Spaghetti Western Title

Some of the German titles are also pretty cool with a lot of SW black humour

For example:

Have a Good Funeral…Sartana will pay / Sartana-Noch warm und schon Sand drauf = Sartana-Still warm and already sand on top (buried)

Bounty Killer / Ohne Dollar keinen Sarg = Without Dollars No Coffin

Django Kill = Django-Leck Staub von meinem Colt = Lick the dust from my Colt

[quote=“Lindberg, post:21, topic:1281”]Some of the German titles are also pretty cool with a lot of SW black humour

For example:

Have a Good Funeral…Sartana will pay / Sartana-Noch warm und schon Sand drauf = Sartana-Still warm and already sand on top (buried)

Bounty Killer / Ohne Dollar keinen Sarg = Without Dollars No Coffin

Django Kill = Django-Leck Staub von meinem Colt = Lick the dust from my Colt[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I like those. I often wondered what some of those german titles meant.
I particularly like the Django Kill one. Reminds me of the fictitious Spinal Tap album, ‘Sniff the Glove’.
Excellent.

The German title of The Great Silence is magnificent: Leichen pflastern seinen Weg - Corpses are paving his way

[quote=“Phil H, post:22, topic:1281”]:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I like those. I often wondered what some of those german titles meant.
I particularly like the Django Kill one. Reminds me of the fictitious Spinal Tap album, ‘Sniff the Glove’.
Excellent.[/quote]
“You put a greased naked woman on all fours with a dog collar around her neck, and a leash, and a man’s arm extended out up to here, holding onto the leash, and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it. You don’t find that offensive? You don’t find that sexist?” :smiley:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:21, topic:1281”]Django Kill = Django-Leck Staub von meinem Colt = Lick the dust from my Colt[/quote]Oh, how subtle… and this is the western with homosexual cowboys. haha!

22 - Voltati … ti uccido !
Turn around … I kill you!

Voltarsi (a reflexive verb) = to turn around

Nice people, those spaghetti western heroes, they don’t shoot people in the back

Mind the stress in this one:

Voltati … ti uccido !

I found a rather bizarre US title for this one, longer than the original title:
If One is Born a Swine, Turn … I’ll kill you

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:26, topic:1281”]I found a rather bizarre US title for this one, longer than the original title:
If One is Born a Swine, Turn … I’ll kill you[/quote]
That’s odd. I thought it was 'If one is born a swine, kill him’
The Greek vhs that I have of this movie only says ‘Turn I’ll kill you’

Makes more sense

I got the other title from Giusti’s Il Dizionario, maybe he misread the US title

For me it´s crystal clear;
Sartana is here - trade your pistol for a coffin!

May God Forgive You… But I Won’t is one I like.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:27, topic:1281”]That’s odd. I thought it was 'If one is born a swine, kill him’
The Greek vhs that I have of this movie only says ‘Turn I’ll kill you’[/quote]

Seems there were two US titles and Giusti combined them

I liked the multiple meanings of The Great Silence - the character of Silence, the silence of the total number of dead people killed by Klaus Kinski and his gang, etc.

I can think of the most “uncool” SW title. “Bulldozer is back amigo”. Someone tell those morons that buldozers weren’t around yet in the old west.

A bad title I came across was two sergeants of general custer. First of all, Custer was a colonel. Second, it’s just a really boring title.

Custer was made a general at age 23 but it was only a ‘wartime promotion’ and along with others who gained them during the civil war he was dropped back to captain at the end of hostilities. He was also given a Brevet (temporary) promotion to Major General after the war when he was serving with the 7thy cavalry. His penchant for self agrandisement meant that he continued to use the title even when it wasn’t actually warranted. As did his wife. Her book was titled Life with General Custer.

So the film title is fair enough to call him General Custer. If he could get away with it it seems fair enough for a poverty row italian film producer. :slight_smile:

Django Kill was titled Töte Django for cinema, also on VHS and TV.

Django leck Staub von meinem Colt was a “invention” from x-rated for their DVD, maybe because the film was baned (indiziert is the correct term) under the Töte Django title.

This new title is so terrible and idiotic and awkward that I will never buy this DVD, even though this is one of my top 20 SWs.

[quote=“Phil H, post:35, topic:1281”]Custer was made a general at age 23 but it was only a ‘wartime promotion’ and along with others who gained them during the civil war he was dropped back to captain at the end of hostilities. He was also given a Brevet (temporary) promotion to Major General after the war when he was serving with the 7thy cavalry. His penchant for self agrandisement meant that he continued to use the title even when it wasn’t actually warranted. As did his wife. Her book was titled Life with General Custer.

So the film title is fair enough to call him General Custer. If he could get away with it it seems fair enough for a poverty row italian film producer. :)[/quote]I thought he was ageneral inthe civil war. And the film is set during the indian wars. but after all, itis a spaghetti western and they aren’t always consurned with the truth. Let alone, it is franco and ciccio.

21 - I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo)
The three who ruined the West (I go, I see and I shoot)

Sconvolgere = to ruin, to destroy; again the passato remoto (historical past tense) is used, giving the title an important, ‘historical’ allure.
Vado (from andare = to go), vedo (from vedere = to see), sparo (sparare = to shoot, a verb very often used in titles)

The subtitle, Vado vedo e sparo, refers to Julius Caesar’s Veni, vidi, vici = I came, I saw, I conquered. Note that Caesar’s words are in the past tense, while the Italian title is in the present tense. Note also that Caesar said ‘I came’, while the Italian title says ‘I go’ (some kind of mirror effect?). In the English title, Caesar’s ‘I came’ has made his come-back.

English title: I came, I saw, I shot

I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo)

One more of the funny religious/blasphemic titles:

God Made Them, I Kill them

But the film doesn’t live up to this promise.

Una Nuvola di polvere… un grido di morte… arriva Sartana, i was sure i was gonna love that movie

And this one’s gotta be one the weirdest: And They Smelled the Strange, Exciting, Dangerous Scent of Dollars