Comprehensive List of SW's and where to get them

Very good work on that list. I’ll help you out on that. I only looked at the titles listed as ‘unavailable’. This should cut the list of unavailables down about 50% or so. I only listed English dubs.

Additions:

May God Forgive You…But I Won’t:
Cinecity: May god forgive you, I won’t
Note: there’s a good quality ws tvrip (in english) out there also. I’m sure it’ll pop up in the dvd-r internet stores.

One against one… no mercy
Cinecity. They seem to have a new, audiodubbed version.

El Bandido Malpelo not listed:
Cinecity, fair quality, Spanish only. I doubt this was ever dubbed in English.

100.000 dollars for ringo
Cinecity, fair quality.

Saguaro = double entry
Announced from Global Video (as I’ll Die for Vengeance).

The reward is yours, the man is mine
AKA El Puro. Available at Cinecity or Drive-in Connection.

Today it’s me, tomorrow it’s you…
Same as today we kill, tomorrow you die

Twenty paces to death:
A/V, Drive-in Connection. I suspect the quality to be bad.

Twenty Thousand Dollars for Seven (20,000 sul 7 / 20,000 on 7)
A/V ($20,000 on Number Seven), also Cinecity: 20.000 on No 7

Viva Gangaceiro
Like the man said… available from Global Video?

They believed he was no saint
AKA Too much gold for one gringo: A/V.

Garter Colt
-note: A/V version is Italian audio only. English version probably doesn’t exist.

Three Silver Dollars
Cinecity (3 Silver Dollar), Drive-in Connection

Gunshy Piluk (missing title)
A/V, Drive-in Connection

Pray of Vultures
Drive-in Connection

Two Sergeants of General Custer
Drive-in Connection

Canadian Wilderness / Three From Colorado
Drive-in Connection

All-out / Copperface
Drive-in Connection

Seven Guns from Texas:
Cinecity (Seven from Texas)

Renegade Gun: double entry?
Same as Renegade Gunfighter a.k.a. For one Thousand Dollars a day?

My Horse, My Gun, Your Widow
Cinecity

The Man called Noon
Drive-in Connection (A Man Called Noon)

Colt Is My Law
Cinecity

Death Knows No Time:
Drive-in Connection (as Tierra Brava). Also from Digital Conquest (page 8, Tierra Brava). The Digital Conquest version is probably much better quality (and ws).

Important note: I have not bought anything from Drive-in Connection yet, so I cannot recommend them yet. They do seem to have honest quality descriptions. Digital Conquest does not specialize in westerns, they only have 5 or so, but their dvdrs are usually taken from superior quality ws japanese vhs.

Links:

http://www.thedriveinconnection.com/spaghetti_westerns.html

http://digitalconquestdvd.com/catalog08.html

Some A/V titles you should avoid:
Blood calls to Blood, Full House for the Devil (now available from Global Video), God Will Forgive my Pistol (Italian audio only), The Great Treasure Hunt. All 4 are very bad prints. If anyone has a good version of Great Treasure Hunt, please let me know.

Some fair and good quality prints from A/V I checked myself:
Lynching, Challenge of the MacKennas, Halleluja to Vera Cruz, Clumsy Hands, Kill the Wicked.

I hope this helps. I’ve spent plenty of time compiling this list of additions, so I’ll let someone else make the changes in the list.

pfjew I see there’s 4 Eduardo Mulargia westerns missing…

Why go on Killing?
Cinecity

Say your Prayers and Dig your Grave / Pray to God and Dig your Grave
Drive-in Connection (poor quality?)

Go with God, Gringo!
A/V (fair quality)

Cjamango
Xploited Cinema (Wild East)

Great topic here. Maybe we should look through it and update the list, or put it in a place where it can be regularly updated.

A couple of people asked about VSOM. I have not purchased from them in many years. When I did I paid $25 for a DVDR listed as either B+ or VG+ (whatever grading scale they were using then) and it was an awful rip from a worn old video tape.

I see their prices are lower now, but the info seems skimpy. I’m assuming the films listed as Spanish language do not have any subtitles?

Anyone know if the service has improved in recent years since they have redesigned the website and lowered prices?

Yes an ultimate master list would be a great accomplishment, but who wants to spearhead this effort of putting it into the database? you’d have to know how to do tables in wiki-code for sure (easy to learn, but complicated in application)

Hmm, many great TV rips or english fandubs are now available to download from the net, they’re much better quality than old vhs rips from dodgy sellers who charge overprices :wink:

Is Atlas Visuals still running?

Website is still up but not ordered from them for years now.

Ok then. I’m trying to track a copy of I’ll Die For Vengeance from Global Video, but so far, nothing.

Atlas visuals is still doing orders, I bought some westerns and war flicks from him, and they are shipping today.

Does someone has a comprehensive film list - including film title (in Italian and/or English), year, director - that you could provide to me (Excel, PDF or similar), please?

what is the point of 700 titles on an excel sheet? :wink:

It doesn’t have to be a list of 700 SW but it would be nice to have an excel sheet that includes a broad bunch of SW. For a start I would use the list to check which films I’ve already collected and which of them I still want to see. Second I could start to clarify which films are still to be found as analog films and list/search the proprietor of the film rights. It would give a nice overview for SW fans and cinema folks. Don’t you think so? ;D

I thought we had started to compile one at some point, but you could also just find a way to export a modified imdb list of some sort.

however, if there is none such endeavor anywhere on the net, I would more than endorse an attempt to compile such a list on the SWDB

That would be really nice. I’m not very into the IT stuff but it would be great to create a list where the data can be arranged in order of each column (up and down like in a excel sheet). Further it would be great to extract the list (e.g. in an excel sheet) for private use. Unfortunately, the upload folder is full. I’ll send you a list (excel sheet as a pdf) by e-mail to give you an idea of what I am thinking about. There would be two lists (1. List for Theatratical Screenings, 2. List for Home Cinema). Step by step, the SWDB users could complement the two lists and we could also ask the cinemas that have showed SW where the film rights and the film formats can be found.

So, if you could create the table frames in wiki codes for the two lists and would give me the access to fill out the table, I could start with the work in summer. :wink:

I have an excel list with the essential films. And some of the less essential ones. Over 200 films with original titles, director, date of release, runtime.

Great! I’ve sent you a personal message.

Lorenzo and Stanton, before you start, please be aware that much of this work has already been done (by myself and Tom Betts) when I rearranged the complete Marco Giusti Dizionario Del Western All’Italiana listing of credits into chronological order by year (and with the films listed alphabetically under the original Italian or Spanish title) a handful of years ago.

Here is already a list of all Euro-westerns, from 1909 to the present, which can easily be transferred into an excel sheet:

Looks like there’s several (pre 1940) titles at that link that aren’t in the Giusti book. Thank you.

What is lacking is thematic subdivision.