Closed Circuit / Circuito chiuso (Giuliano Montaldo, 1978)

Does anybody know where I may watch this SW related film or does anybody has information about an upcoming DVD release?

Closed Circuit (Circuito chiuso, 1978)
Directed by Giuliano Montaldo, Italy

Plot: While watching a Spaghetti Western a man is shot dead in his seat inside the movie theater. The police seal off the theater and try to track down the killer, but no weapon is found! An obscure thriller starring Flavio Bucci, Tony Kendall, Aurore Clément, William Berger and Giuliano Gemma.

Well, I found a rip on Cinemageddon, but if you don’t have an account there the best I can find is a clip on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue:

This Google search should be useful… :wink:

Circuito chiuso Montaldo Sección oficial de largometrajes

I’ve tried that, too! However, a kind-hearted soul could help me out! ;D

Hey Jonny Powers, damn… i was some weeks too late, would it be possible to make the dropbox available for one or two days again?

i’m looking for that movie for years… thanks so much.

thank you so much, i can’t tell you how glad i am to finally see this film again after … 30 years or something. made my day, very much appreciated!

Anyone able to upload this anywhere, or point me in the direction of a decent DVD?
I’ve been wanting to see this again for years.
I caught it, as a child, on the BBC, and it was such a strange ending, it’s stuck in my mind ever since!

The movie is currently available on YouTube

The next person who links to illicit downloads of intellectual property will have to accept a formal warning, folks. Seriously… not funny.

At any rate, interesting sounding TV movie

Thanks for the link. Sadly there’s no subtitles.

Despite being originally intended for TV, Montaldo’s movie was screened at Berlin International Film Festival.

When about a year later (July '79) Closed Circuit was submitted to the Committee for the Theatrical Review some actors asked new contractual agreements, so the film was never released theatrically.

1 Like

Any sign of a dvd or streaming with UK subtitles?

June 1977

February 1978

1 Like

Giuliano Montaldo discusses this film in the (English-friendly) video interview featured on the Italian Blu-ray of Tiro al piccione (incidentally, a disc I co-produced).

2 Likes

Finally gave this a database entry for completeness sake

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Circuito_chiuso

2 Likes

I haven’t been around the forum for several years now but I’m poking my head in here to let you all know that the company I work for, Severin Films, will be releasing Closed Circuit on blu-ray soon. No official release date yet but probably before the end of the year. We informally announced it last month. It’s a really interesting movie!

5 Likes

I saw this a long time ago. I think it must have been screened on UKTV at some point probably in the 1980s. Pretty clever movie.

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Coming soon from Severin, they just posted this trailer also

3 Likes

I updated this film’s page in our database a bit, but more information could be added, rare as it may be, especially accurate info as to where it was exactly screened theatrically and where it wasn’t, and also VHS (so far only greek tape listed).

2 Likes