Closed Circuit / Circuito chiuso (Giuliano Montaldo, 1978)

Available to order on blu-ray from the Severin Films website starting the early morning of Black Friday (November 24th, midnight EST). Rejoice!

2 Likes

Details are in:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Circuito_chiuso/BluRay

2 Likes

Ooh region free, will have to keep an eye out on eBay for this one

1 Like

Get it now

2 Likes

Now available to pre-order on Amazon, release March 2024.

2 Likes

An enjoyable genre bending whodunit with some interesting meta elements, along with a social commentary that is as relevant today as it was back then. Look forward to seeing the Severin release.

3 Likes

Just placed a pre-order last night. Looking forward to checking this out for the first time.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to see this since I first heard about it. When Severin announced a release, I pre-ordered it and have been eagerly anticipating its arrival since. So, when my pre-order arrived today (along with my pre-orders of The Bounty Hunter Trilogy and The Iron Claw), I immediately dropped everything to sit down and give it a watch.

I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable and unique. It is really hard to believe that this was a made for TV movie as imho it was worthy of a big screen release. It could be classified as a giallo. It could be classified as science fiction. It could be classified as a police procedural. It is a bit of each without being pigeon-holed into any one category. And, to top it off, a spaghetti western plays a major part in the plot.

I did notice though that the Gemma movie seen on the movie poster in the lobby is not the one we are seeing on the screen. :laughing:

I am really looking forward to going back and exploring the extras on this one.

4 Likes

I saw this on UK TV some time in the early 1980s … I loved it and especially the clips from, ‘E per tetto un cielo di stelle’, which looked fantastic … it would be decades before I knew which film the clips were taken from - I re-watched it a few years ago and it still holds up very well.

2 Likes

yes, see trivia :slight_smile: Circuito chiuso - The Spaghetti Western Database

2 Likes

The duel between Gemma and Berger in the movie was actually really nice and suspense. I would love to see the rest of such a western movie.

1 Like

then why don’t you?

I thought that the duel was shot just for this movie, was it not?

2 Likes

The footage in the film is from …e per tetto un cielo di stelle

There are also scenes specially shot for the movie with Gemma and Berger :wink:

3 Likes

Of course it was, directed by Montaldo himself (Berger wasn’t even present in Their Roof was a Sky Full of Stars…).

2 Likes

ah sorry and sorry @Diamond for snapping at you, it’s time I watched it myself instead of having it collect dust here on my coffee table

1 Like

It’s very enjoyable … and the cinema in the movie has lots of vintage posters on display - The good old days!

1 Like

Finally got around to watching this today. Holy cow I was not expecting that.

MAJOR SPOILERS:

I know Italian murder mysteries like to have weird and occult like killers, but I sure as shit wasn’t expecting a killer film print! :rofl:

When Gemma’s onscreen cowboy starting aiming his gun towards the audience I thought “surely not” but my god it actually went there. Unapologetically awesome film haha.

4 Likes

Watched it just now. Wow, it is fantastic! “holy cow” is right.
Also made the trivia in our database entry a bit more precise, but maybe someone can look through it to check. I also took a few pictures with my cell phone held against the TV, for lack of an option to make screenshots:

The last one of course very certainly made for this, it is not an artwork from the actual Day of Anger.

Conclusion: amazing movie and also tremendous Bluray, everyone should have it! Tons of great extras and really good quality.

4 Likes