Clint Eastwood vs. Lee Van Cleef

I kinda liked GG more than TMCD cause GG at least kept me entertained (even if a lot of stuff was lousy). And I like Romitelli’s score.

Both God’s Gun (for the right reasons) and This Man Can’t Die entertained me a lot, with God’s Gun slightly more.

To me is God’s Gun is far more entertaining, a film that is brought with more energy and cinematic vision.
This Man Can’t Die is still ok. I prefer its score to God’s Gun’s.

I am not alone in liking God’s Gun then!

Yes, , as it truly has the Fidani touch, for Fidani fans it must look great. :wink:

I don’t think God’s Gun is like any of the Fidani’s at all. Both are trashy but in different ways.

I think Fidanis’ are way better.

I haven’t seen a Fidani film (yet), but from what I hear, I doubt they are as good and well-acted as God’s Gun.

Well, masterpiece’s they certainly aint.

I wouldn´t say God´s Gun is well acted. The kid is horrible and Palance is plain awful in this movie.
“I have a son!” - hilariously bad acting right there.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:110, topic:2048”]I wouldn´t say God´s Gun is well acted. The kid is horrible and Palance is plain awful in this movie.
“I have a son!” - hilariously bad acting right there.[/quote]
That entire scene is just embarrassing anyway.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:110, topic:2048”]I wouldn´t say God´s Gun is well acted. The kid is horrible and Palance is plain awful in this movie.
“I have a son!” - hilariously bad acting right there.[/quote]
I thought the kid - compared to other films - was okay. I agree that the “I have a son” part was weak. I never said God’s Gun was a masterpiece - I just think it’s a highly enjoyable Spaghetti Western.

I agree with you on the last part. And it looks so much better (MGM version) than the pan & scan one I was used to.

But Van Cleef would be dead before he gets a chance to look at Clint.

Nah, I don’t think so.

I don’t Know mate, if he was facing Dirty Harry, that would be tricky.

Eastwood already killed him in TGTBATU.

But really imo, I think Eastwood has a more intimidating look.

And that’s too bad!

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:117, topic:2048”]Eastwood already killed him in TGTBATU.

But really imo, I think Eastwood has a more intimidating look.[/quote]

No way, Van Cleef is the man. No actor in history can touch him in the stair down department.

Well its your opinion …

I think Henry Fonda has the scariest stare…