Clint Eastwood vs. Lee Van Cleef

Lee Van Cleef…his stare is so intense.

Yeh…she deserves it.

Is this intense…

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:120, topic:2048”]Well its your opinion …

I think Henry Fonda has the scariest stare…

[/quote]
Agreed.

Hes having a star down with his leg, that should count

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:123, topic:2048”]Is this intense…

[/quote]

Looks like he is on the toilet having a few problems.

This type of discussions remind me of the ones we had when kids, about which super-hero was stronger could Hulk beat Super-man, and Spider-man no chance agaisnt the Silver Surfer… and so on ;D

Guess some things never change :smiley: .

It’s hard to beat Superman (that’s also why he is such a boring hero).

But in the stare department he surely would lose. :wink:

We all know Marty Feldman wins in the stare department:

He he, true

Glad to see LVC winning here…

No offense to Clint Eastwood, but LVC is too much of a legend.

lee van cleef he’s the winner

I cannot understand why toy prefer lee van cleef to clint eastwood!

LOL

Prefer Lee Van Cleef personally. I’m still a big fan of Clint though.

1 Like

Eastwood’s an okay enough actor, but Van Cleef gets the edge for me. He made ‘It Conquered The World’ watchable.

Almost impossible for me to choose between them. Very glad they teamed up in For a Few Dollars More as I think they complemented each other well.

1 Like

Over the courses of their respective careers: Clint

Confining the comparison purely to spags: LVC

Sergio Leone perhaps made Eastwood look and act better then he actually was, but Van Cleef could shine under directors far worse, less knowledgable, and not as innovative as Leone or Corbucci. I thought Lee Van Cleef shined alongside Eastwood, but I think his best performance was in Big Gundown, where is character is dynamic, candid, and savage. Day of Anger, Grand Duel, and Death Rides a Horse, are all must spaghettis, most appearing the offical top 20, and featuring a squinty eyed Van Cleef, always dressed in excellent costumes,quick with a pistol, and never intimated by anyone. Each character Van Cleef plays seems to make his own rules, and has little trust in authority figures, and other men of the law.