Cjamango (Edoardo Mulargia, 1967)

I got around to watching it over the weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked Rassimov as the lead and I agree with the others who stated they would have liked him in more leading roles. The dubbing was pretty comical but I enjoyed the movie none the less.

The actor who played the ‘‘annoying child’’, Giusva Fioravanti actually became a terrorist as adult and ended behind bars. I readed this in a sw book called 'Spaghetti Heroes: Django • Sartana • Ringo.

Interesting.

The kid was annoying in real life too LOL

I read that, too.
I think Kessler also mentions it in his one.

You mean that wasn’t ‘Blondie/Manco/Joe’. I also wish the kid bit it at the end. Is Cjamango a distant cousin to Django?

An interesting watch that kept my attention. Additionally to previous comments on the ending, after all the trouble he went through to get his gold back, someone whips out a ‘ranger’ card and he lets it go?
In the scene where he decides to save the kid, Cjamango is shown running away from the camera. Was that a female double or does Ivan run like a girl? I went back to rewatch that scene later and it still looked like a girl running. Maybe it was the bell bottom effect :slight_smile:

Can’t remember that scene… Have to have a look at it… sounds very interesting…

Watched the Cjamango DVD.

Some notes:

Cute kids are always not a good idea for westerns, especially not for SWs. And this kid is absolutely superfluous for the plot. This kid adds a few unwelcome moments of sentimentality to the film.

Mulargia’s directing is mostly good, in parts surprisingly stylish.

But the script is too conventional to make the style shine. Producer Mussolini was also responsible for the screenplay.

Ivan Rassimov is a lead I like, but otherwise the acting is often disappointing. Lulli and Lorenzon are good actors, but they were good in other films, here they don’t have any charisma.

Action scenes are done in the best SW fashion. Well, the shorter and eruptive ones. The bigger ones are … hmm, not too bad.

It was a cheap Cinecitta bound film.

All in all only a routine western. I had expected a bit more. At least the style was there.

No comments about the bell bottoms Stanton? LOL

1 Like

Bell bottoms?

‘Cjamango Inferno’…‘Burn Baby Burn’

Ha ha, checked the word meanwhile. Bell Bottoms, never heard it before, rather different from the German term, which I can’t translate (Schlaghose).

They look great in these duel pictures.

Odd, I remember we have been discussing them in the past

I know only the term bell bottoms, we must have (had) a word for them in Dutch but I can’t remember it.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:35, topic:944”]Odd, I remember we have been discussing them in the past

I know only the term bell bottoms, we must have (had) a word for them in Dutch but I can’t remember it.[/quote]
Soulpijpen

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ramon in Fistful also had such pants, they’re cool 8)

I like this movie but I already have the WE release, so I won’t support Koch this time

[quote=“Lindberg, post:38, topic:944”]Ramon in Fistful also had such pants, they’re cool 8)

I like this movie but I already have the WE release, so I won’t support Koch this time[/quote]

They should seriously consider merging into the same company.

Ifthis one has been graced by a Koch release, I might as well take a look at it. On the Wild East disc.