China 9, Liberty 37 / Amore, piombo e furore (Monte Hellman, 1978)

Is this in the Data base it doesn’t come up in the English titles?
Any body know the original runtime?

For more info visit:
Database page: Amore, piombo e furore - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Give China 9 Liberty 37 your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

yes, here it is:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Amore%2C_piombo_e_furore

Excellent film which I’d love to see uncut on dvd.

thanks

Do not search the entire title but parts of it. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for. E.g. only “China 9”. The only movie to appear is the one you searched.

it might ignore the “9”, i am not sure

A Monte Hellman film starring Warren Oates?

I must know less about cinema than I thought because I have never seen it. With that team it must be great. It is now #1 on my to watch list.

I see there is an edited pan & scan DVD available. Is there a better out of print DVD or VHS version? Anyone know of a good grey market/bootleg version?

Got this email from Amazon the other day:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We’ve noticed that customers who have expressed interest in The Great Silence have also ordered China 9, Liberty 37 on DVD. For this reason, you might like to know that China 9, Liberty 37 will be released on DVD on November 7, 2006. You can pre-order your copy by following the link below.

China 9, Liberty 37
China 9 Liberty 37
Price: $9.99

Release Date: November 7, 2006

awesome always wanted to see it.

Written by the guy who created the Z channel so he knows his films,plan on seeing these.

Do you know which company is releasing it? I hope they’ll release it uncut -otherwise I’m not interested.

I bet it’s just another release of the same old version/transfer that has been available (for years ? ) in some of the cheap, possible bootleg, releases. Maybe by different company (again? ), yet the exact same thing.
There’s like thousands of different Boot Hill discs out in USA and lots of Death Rides A Horse and some other stuff. I would be very surprised if this is something else.

But I guess it’s possible it will be good. :wink:

EDIT:

The company releasing it is 905 Studios…

Running time according to Amazon and others is 92minutes (IMDB says the film is 98minutes).
DVDPacific has a cover with title Gunfire and the preorder price is $5.78.

$5.78 that says it all, shit transfer, shit print, 99% chance of being fullscreen! DAAAM!

Yea I’ll only get it if its uncut too.

Interesting, check the reviews runnning times listed from 98 to 102 to 105 minutes in the different reviews.

http://www.mrqe.com/lookup?China+9%2C+Liberty+37+

http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowmovie.html?movieid=304
This one is 1:32:06 Worth the download, what do you reckon?

I’ve not yet seen this film as I’ve always been a bit put off by the poor quality of releases.

I notice an ebay seller is offering a "very rare WIDESCREEN version of the movie.No sub. , English audio. Uncut 98 min.Good quality."

I guess this sounds too good to be true? Has a decent widescreen version ever been released?

I hope this film gets released in a decent uncut format in the future…or am I asking to much…

I managed to get hold of a 98 minute version of this one taped from U.K T.V which is in 1.85 widescreen (cropped from 2.35) and not bad quality at all, and appears uncut to me.

I like all the cast of Fabio Testi, Warren Oates and Jenny Agutter (who looks sexy as Hell ) in this one.

Not perhaps the most original of stories, with the main action towards the end of the film which is well done.

The score by Pino Donaggio is one of his best.

Hello BL, about the image quality, is it good? grainy???

It’s cut, the image quality isn’t that good and the audio sounds hollow making it very hard to make out the dialogue. Not recommended. I’ve turned it off because of these factors.

I’ve seen the 98 min uncut (?) version, but it looks like a 2nd generation VHS copy or a badly made NTSC transfer. At least all the violence and nudity is there.

It’s a slowly developing western (and it’s not a SW), with some realistic touches in the portrayal of people who are forced to lead a secluded life. Similar to Hellman’s earlier works The Shooting and Ride in the Whirlwind.

Interesting film with a wonderful grizzled Warren Oates and a sexy Jenny Agutter.