Cheap box sets

Thanks for the info RamonRed and the link too, I checked Mill Creeks’ website before but they didn’t have the set listed, that’s a must buy for me, several films I’ve never seen :slight_smile:

Glad to help, amigo. :smiley:

[quote=“RamonRed, post:157, topic:786”]According to Mill Creek’s site the movies are

Seven Devils on Horseback
7 Hours of Gunfire
Ride and Kill
The Shadow of Zorro
The Federal Man
Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows
Fistful of Lead (again!)
White Comanche (again!)
The Deserter
Django, Kill! (supposedly it’s with Eastman,Liana Orfei and Luciano Rossi, so I assume it’s Bill il taciturno?)
3 Bullets for Ringo
Dead for a Dollar

Here’s the link-http://www.millcreekent.com/products/new-releases/10-000-more-ways-to-die-spaghetti-western-film-collection-12-movie-set.html[/quote]
The first one is pretty much shit, but I guess I’ll buy it again.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:152, topic:786”]http://www.amazon.com/8-Movie-Spaghetti-Western-Pack/dp/B006ZL1PCK

This one just came out and it looks like each movie has its own very nice cover art, but I’m not sure. Don’t know anything about the quality but its really nice looking for a budget box.[/quote]
Just bought this for $17,65 incl. shipping. Hopefully they´re letterboxed.

Isn’t that wishful thinking ;)? Actually, on the Mill Creek 44 movie boxset, The Price of Power was letterboxed, so it will probably will be the same this time, assuming they are using the same print.

Is the database accurate when it says that The Big Gundown is on the Gunslinger Western Collection from Pop Flix?

[quote=“RamonRed, post:157, topic:786”]According to Mill Creek’s site the movies are

The Federal Man[/quote]
Which film is this? You’re a Carrion and I’ll Kill You perhaps?

there are a number of SW’s i haven’t seen on that mill creek box as well, so i will be interested in buying it. haven’t seen any new spaghetti westerns for a while now as seen most of the ones i want to see but i wouldn’t mind that boxset.

Good catch! The gundown maybe is not so big but definitely Stranger :slight_smile:

I got this one all of the films are letter boxed but two, the shanghai joe ones. Another one had poor audio but I can’t remember which one. But in all it’s got some great flicks on it. The Rope and The Colt was grand Deep West is also known as They Call Me Hallelujah. It’s a great box set unworthy of the term cheap.

Cut I don’t know Ive seen two versions of Deep West they are the same.

[quote=“Spuff vermon, post:170, topic:786”]I got this one all of the films are letter boxed but two, the shanghai joe ones. Another one had poor audio but I can’t remember which one. But in all it’s got some great flicks on it. The Rope and The Colt was grand Deep West is also known as They Call Me Hallelujah. It’s a great box set unworthy of the term cheap.

Cut I don’t know Ive seen two versions of Deep West they are the same.[/quote]
Okay, thanks. This just about makes it impossible for me not to get it!

Working by the cast I’m pretty sure you’re right Bill.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Cuerda_al_amanecer,_Una

I wonder which version of the film they have. If you remember when we have discussed this film before it seems folk had been watching two very different cuts which changed the story somewhat.

Working my way through this set and A Bullet For A Stranger (1971) aka They Call Him Cemetery has appalling audio which is a shame as it’s a cracking movie.

I enjoyed it anyway despite the audio problems

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:164, topic:786”]Just bought this for $17,65 incl. shipping. Hopefully they´re letterboxed.[/quote]I checked them all a few weeks back, went to come on here to say what’s what but as we all know the site was down.
I’m pretty sure they were all widescreen apart from Alive Or Preferably Dead. Some anamorphic and some not.

[quote=“Halleluja, post:173, topic:786”]Working my way through this set and A Bullet For A Stranger (1971) aka They Call Him Cemetery has appalling audio which is a shame as it’s a cracking movie.

I enjoyed it anyway despite the audio problems[/quote]

Yeah I think they took that print from the Franco Cleef version, apparently the only known english source was a very old and worn out south african VHS tape, hence the poor quality sound.

That’s a shame - that’s one movie worthy of an upgrade!

Picked this up at the grocery store for 3 US dollars all are in letterbox except Sundance Cassidy and Butch the Kid

They have seven more. They are three dollars too!

Nice! I got my copy at Walmart for $5. I already have half the films, but I figured for that price I’d be stupid to pass it up. I also noticed that the PQ on The Bounty Killer looks to be a bit sharper than the version on The Fast, The Saved and The Damned collection. Overall it’s a pretty good collection if you can get it for under $10.

Django, Kill! (supposedly it’s with Eastman,Liana Orfei and Luciano Rossi, so I assume it’s Bill il taciturno?)[/quote]

The Mill Creek set I own also list a “Django, Kill!” starring George Eastman, but the film on the disc is the Tomas Milian movie. It is probably the case here too.