Cheap box sets

According to one of the amazon reviews, shanghai joe is the one that is fullscreen, the set has both Shanghai joe films so I don’t know which one of them though.

Interesting that most of those movie have been released by Koch. I’d like to see a few screenshots. Hmm…

The site won’t let me upload photos.

I haven’t seen or sampled them all yet, but I can tell you that the Ringo films look very different from the Koch Media products-- not as good, but still better than what we’re used to in “cheap boxed sets.” Those Dirty Dogs is fairly sharp looking, but suffers from “blown highlights” on occasion.

For ~$25 this is probably the best of all the “cheap boxed sets”-- good picture quality, better film selection (no White Comanche and the other dogs that usually show up on these disks).

[quote=“Major Clyde, post:123, topic:786”]The site won’t let me upload photos.

I haven’t seen or sampled them all yet, but I can tell you that the Ringo films look very different from the Koch Media products-- not as good, but still better than what we’re used to in “cheap boxed sets.” Those Dirty Dogs is fairly sharp looking, but suffers from “blown highlights” on occasion.

For ~$25 this is probably the best of all the “cheap boxed sets”-- good picture quality, better film selection (no White Comanche and the other dogs that usually show up on these disks).[/quote]
You can upload the pics to database and put link here.

Based on the titles listed, the general ‘good but not Koch standard’ quality rating and the ‘blown highlights’ on Those Dirty Dogs, my guess is these have been ripped from the SPO releases.

Or just use imageshack or photobucket and link here. Works for me and many others here I believe.

I use photobucket and it works fine everytime.

Yep…me to never any problems.

I just ordered it…Worst case scenario I’ll have some English language tracks to use for fandubs :slight_smile:

I found a great review of this set:

The reviewer seems disappointed.

I’m not.

Not that many perfect SW DVDs out there…

Screenshots look pretty decent… If they’re cut the way he says…That would be a problem for me :frowning:

Just a heads-up on the 44 Movie Collection: Django Kills is actually Django Kill, if You Live, Shoot![/url]

Right now the link points to [url=http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Bill_il_taciturno]Django Kills Softly[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Se_sei_vivo_spara[/url], which is wrong. I’d update the database myself, but i’m new here… and ain’t exactly comfortable with the editing features yet. But i’m working my way through the boxset, so if anything else comes up i’ll post here. Otherwise, it’s a great collection.

-Rude

[quote=“Rude, post:133, topic:786”]…

Just a heads-up on the 44 Movie Collection: Django Kills is actually Django Kill, if You Live, Shoot![/url]

Right now the link points to [url=http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Bill_il_taciturno]Django Kills Softly[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Se_sei_vivo_spara[/url], which is wrong. I’d update the database myself, but i’m new here… and ain’t exactly comfortable with the editing features yet. But i’m working my way through the boxset, so if anything else comes up i’ll post here. Otherwise, it’s a great collection.

-Rude[/quote]thanks for the info. I corrected the database link.

I picked up “The Best of Spaghetti Westerns: In the Tradition of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” set at the Frys Electronics by my house yesterday for $12.99… For the price, I’m pretty happy with it. Like others, I kind of wanted the set but not for the high price that most online sources have been selling it for, so when I saw the set in store, for such a low price, there was no question about it. I’d say that I didn’t have copies of perhaps half of the films included. A good bargain. I’d suggest to anyone wanting this and not wanting to pay such a high price, make sure to check local stores, just in case. I found it at the Phoenix, AZ Frys Electronics.

Thanks for the heads up Rude, its easy to get these Django titles mixed up. Damn those Germans! Shakes fist

[quote=“Major Clyde, post:117, topic:786”]I think this is really good news. A perfect boxed set for someone just starting to explore beyond Leone, Corbucci and Sollima.

The Best of Spaghetti Westerns: In the Tradition of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Timeless Media Group, 2011)( I paid ~$25 including shipping)

– All but one is widescreen (although the box erroneously says fullscreen) and the picture quality is at least a couple of notches above ANY other (non-KochMedia) compilation set, most are quite good in fact.

– Ten DVDs, 20 films:

Una lunga fila di croci (97m)
Una bara per lo scerrifo (85m)
Une corde, un colt (87m)
All’ombra di una colt (78m)
Shanghai Joe (87m) and Return of Shanghai Joe (94m)
A Pistol for Ringo (94m)and The Return of Ringo (96m)
Those Dirty Dogs! (Campa carogna…) (86m)
Spara, gringo, spara (91m)
Gli fumavano le colt…Camposanto (89m)
$10,000 dollari per un massacro (93m)
Ringo: la volta della vendetta (98m)
Un dollaro bucato (91m)
Testa t’ammazzo…Croce sei morto…Alleluja (92m)
Sette dollari sul rosso (95m)
Bandidos (95m)
Forgotten Pistolero (80m)
Il ritorno di Clint il solitario (80m)
A Sky Full of Stars for a Roof (93m)[/quote]

I also bought this one,cause cemetary without crosses is also included.
But it is called something else in the amazon review i thought ringo the loner

Hello everyone just found this site and recently joined.
Can i pick your brains on some of these releases?Ive just ordered The Sartana Saga and The Spaghetti Western 44 movie pack can you give me an idea on the quality of these box sets.I know there cheap so the prints arnt going to be perfect but would like some idea of how they look?
I do already have Trade your pistols for a coffin under the Fistful of lead title and that was ok and a reasonable one for Have a good Funeral,Sartana will pay.
Thanks

Hi James, it kinda depends on the movie. Public domain sets are of variable quality.

Thanks for the reply Colonel.Itll be good to see theses films anyway especially the Sartana box :slight_smile: