Cheap box sets

Any Gun Can Play is the other film St. Clair has but Millcreek does not.

And if you want to see Hellbenders, you really should buy the AB disc anyway, gorgeous Studiocanal print.

yust bought the spaghettie western bible volume 2

I Am Sartana Your Angel Of Death
Have A Good Funeral My Friend…Sartana Will Pay
Sartana In the Valley of Vultures
Light the Fuse…Sartana Is Coming
Sartana Does Not Forgive
Sartana Kills Them All
Django Defies Sartana
Trinity And Sartana
Halleluja And Sartana…They Are Sons Of God
Four Came To Kill Sartana

with all kind of sartana movies in it but light the fuse was also included for only 9.00 dollars couldn t resist
and waiting fot don t turn the other check from wildeast entertainment

Can you say anything about quality, aspect ratio and runtimes of the individual movies?

Also a comment by someone on amazon says that the actual content differs from what have been written and should be:

-Blood at Sundown (1967)
-If You Meet Sartana Pray For Your Death (1968)
-Have a Good Funeral, My Friend…Sartana Will Pay (1971)
-Sartana: Angel of Death (1969)
-Light the Fuse…Sartana is Coming (1971)
-I am Sartana (1972)
-Price of Death (1972)
-Sartana in the Valley of Death (1970)
-Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West (1970)
-Django vs. Sartana (1970)

instead…

Nice to hear this is actually releasing, i was beginning to have my doubts.

[quote=“Søren, post:45, topic:786”]Also a comment by someone on amazon says that the actual content differs from what have been written and should be:

-Blood at Sundown (1967)
-If You Meet Sartana Pray For Your Death (1968)
-Have a Good Funeral, My Friend…Sartana Will Pay (1971)
-Sartana: Angel of Death (1969)
-Light the Fuse…Sartana is Coming (1971)
-I am Sartana (1972)
-Price of Death (1972)
-Sartana in the Valley of Death (1970)
-Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West (1970)
-Django vs. Sartana (1970)

instead…[/quote]

Damn! I hope that’s wrong. I had an email from Amazon US five days ago saying the set had been posted. I only went for it because i was hoping for an English language or better quality version of Sartana Does Not Forgive! Guess i’ll have to wait and see what turns up!

Please write about the content when you get the box set. The only films I’m interested are Sartana Does Not Forgive and They Came to Kill Sartana (my copy is quite poor quality) so if they are not in the box, there’s no reason to get it. All films mentioned in Søren’s post are already out in widescreen versions (fandub or legit).

Will do. I’ll be really disappointed if the set contains the second list as i have all of those films anyway. Should take maybe another week to get here, so if anyone else gets it first, they should feel free to update on what films are contained too :wink:

I got the impression that whoever wrote that second list did indeed have the set in his hands but let’s pray its just a misjudgement on my part… Haven’t ordered the set myself so am also looking anxiously for the final verdict :slight_smile:

Hopefully if its not the list you wanted you can just resell the thing.

I actually find the “actual” list of movies to be more appealing than the “advertised” list of films but I guess its a matter of mixing and matching what you have and what you don’t have, which is difficult with these multi movie sets.

The guy behind “video asia”, George Tan has gained a dubious reputation at best so I wouldn’t expect much in the way of quality with these transfers.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:51, topic:786”]Hopefully if its not the list you wanted you can just resell the thing.

I actually find the “actual” list of movies to be more appealing than the “advertised” list of films but I guess its a matter of mixing and matching what you have and what you don’t have, which is difficult with these multi movie sets.

The guy behind “video asia”, George Tan has gained a dubious reputation at best so I wouldn’t expect much in the way of quality with these transfers.[/quote]

Yes, I’ll just be keeping my fingers crossed that it’s the original list. As you say, it could be sold or traded if otherwise.

I bought the first YesAsia ‘boxset’, mainly for Viva Django. Well tonight I figured to treat myself as it’s my birthday and guess what? The picture looks great, the movie looks good but the sound is so muted that even with the TV volumn turned all the way up I can catch only occasional dialog! Maybe I can watch it on my computer with headphones or something. Disappointing! I’ll probably buy the next one when it comes out because it has some stuff on it I’d like to have, but it’s probably risky at best.

Happy bday Carlos

Thanks, Col. It turned out fine 'cept for the 'nother year older thing! :slight_smile:

Well…it turned up today and it is indeed the second list of films. The only one i don’t have is Django and Sartana’s Showdown in The West…and even then, given all the alternative titles, there’s a chance i may have it. Pretty disappointed.

Sorry to hear that.
How is the quality? I haven’t seen any boxart. What does it look like?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:57, topic:786”]Sorry to hear that.
How is the quality? I haven’t seen any boxart. What does it look like?[/quote]

Haven’t checked the discs yet, but the cover art appears to have been rippped off from one of the X rated Sartana releases…

Well, been having a quick look at the discs on the Sartana box set. Annoyingly, two of the discs are double siders. So…

Have A Good Funeral is letter boxed, nice quality and with German titles

Angel Of Death is letterboxed, nice quality and has German titles

Blood At Sundown looks like a dark, washed out VHS with some damage. W/s.

If You Meet Sartana is W/S, a bit washed out looking, and looked kind of ‘stretched’…possibly from a VHS source.

Price Of Death…letterboxed, nice quality, again with German titles.

Sartana In The Valley Of Death…W/S, pretty nice looking, with German titles.

Light The Fuse,…letterboxed, nice quality with Italian titles.

I am Sartana… (ie Trade Your Pistols For A Coffin)…is fullscreen and looks like that horrible old Fistful Of Lead version.

Django Vs Sartana had Italian titles, looked a bit washed out, though not bad overall quality. It also seemed to be a TV print as it had a logo in the lower right cornier that said 7 Gold. This was Django And Sartana Are Coming…It’s The End. I actually think i don’t have this one!

Django And Sartana had French titles (maybe from a French dvd?) and was pretty nice quality. It was what i’d refer to as Widescreen-ish! And it’s One Damned Day At Dawn.

So, looks like they pretty much reproduced many of the nice quality German releases that are already out, and also threw in a couple of VHS rips and TV showing! Still, i guess it was cheap… Guess I’ll hang on to it as i actually only have dvdr’s of a couple of them. Still really disappointed though. Maybe they were a bit ambitious with the original list and had to resort to other stuff that’s already been released ???

7Gold was the Italian channel which had been transmitted on Eutelsat W2 16 deg. East between 2004 and 2007