Cheap box sets

It’s coming May 6th, Phil. Have patience amigo.

They have listed it at dvdpacific at $7.79, not bad for 19 spaghettis :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=944373

Aah. Thanks mate

I have Mill Creeks Spaghetti Westerns set(the 3 disc one with 9 movies).
THE GRAND DUEL,JOHNNY YUMA,ANY GUN CAN PLAY and i think MINNESOTA CLAY are all widescreen.The quality of THE GRAND DUEL on this disc is much better than the VHS I had and has a bit of nudity which I do not remember being in the VHS version.
But why is the print of THIS MAN CAN’T DIE here in black and white?That seems very strange considering it was made in 1968.
"Bonus Features"are;showdowns(which I would not reccomend watching til after you have seen all of the films),Edd Byrnes Bio(?!)and Spaghetti Western Trailers(1 or 2 Leones are the only ones that are really spaghettis).
Even though some of these are included in the 20 movie set that comes out in May,I plan on buying it since it contains 6 or 7 spaghettis which I have never seen.

It is strange, but just an anomoly in the transfer on that particular set. I have the set you are talking about and mine is in black and white too. But I also have the same film, in the 50 Gunslinger Movies box set (also from Mill Creek) and that version is in colour. Go figure.

Than I hope that the one on the upcoming 20 movie set is color…

[quote=“bladerunnerblues, post:24, topic:786”]I have Mill Creeks Spaghetti Westerns set(the 3 disc one with 9 movies).
THE GRAND DUEL,JOHNNY YUMA,ANY GUN CAN PLAY and i think MINNESOTA CLAY are all widescreen.The quality of THE GRAND DUEL on this disc is much better than the VHS I had and has a bit of nudity which I do not remember being in the VHS version.
But why is the print of THIS MAN CAN’T DIE here in black and white?That seems very strange considering it was made in 1968.
"Bonus Features"are;showdowns(which I would not reccomend watching til after you have seen all of the films),Edd Byrnes Bio(?!)and Spaghetti Western Trailers(1 or 2 Leones are the only ones that are really spaghettis).
Even though some of these are included in the 20 movie set that comes out in May,I plan on buying it since it contains 6 or 7 spaghettis which I have never seen.[/quote]
That’s a St. Clair Vision release, not a Mill Creek.

My copy of this set just arrived and I can confirm that This Man Can’t Die is in colour.

Also, for those interested, I have listed the titles below with wide or full screen info next to.

Apache Blood - Fullscreen (awful picture)
Between God, the Devil and a Winchester - Widescreen
Beyond the Law - Widescreen
China 9, Liberty 37 - Fullscreen
Death Rides a Horse - Fullscreen
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe - Fullscreen (But pretty clear picture)
Find a Place to Die - Widescreen
Fistful of Lead - Fullscreen (Decent picture quality)
God’s Gun - Fullscreen
Grand Duel - Widescreen
Gunfight at Red Sands - Fullscreen (Awful picture)
It Can be Done Amigo - Fullscreen
Johnny Yuma - Widescreen
Man From Nowhere - Widescreen
Minnesota Clay - Widescreen
Sundance and the Kid - Fullscreen
This Man Can’t Die - Fullscreen (colour)
Trinity and Sartana - Fullscreen
Twice a Judas - Fullscreen
White Comanche - Fullscreen

Most of these titles have been included in similar sets but I thought that it was interesting that Man From Nowhere, Beyond the Law and Between God, the Devil and a Winchester should all be widescreen prints and all are also put out by Wild East. As of course are Grand Duel and Johnny Yuma. Same free source do you think? Or just plain ripped off?

[quote=“Phil H, post:28, topic:786”]Or just plain ripped off?[/quote]That would be my guess.

I suspect Wild East’s releases to be ripoffs too, at least when it comes to the prints. But, thanks alot for the info, Phil. Will be getting this one too when I have money again.

[quote=“Phil H, post:28, topic:786”]Twice a Judas - Fullscreen[/quote]Thats’ a interesting title. I might get this set just to see this film.

Thanks to Phil H for posting that detailed info about the Mill Creek boxset! Are the other Mill Creek western box sets worth picking up, like that 50 pack?

h

[quote=“haz, post:32, topic:786”]Thanks to Phil H for posting that detailed info about the Mill Creek boxset! Are the other Mill Creek western box sets worth picking up, like that 50 pack?

h[/quote]

Well, it depends on your taste in films and what else you already own I would say.
The quality of most films included in the 50 packs are pretty poor and often double up on stuff included elsewhere. But I was pretty happy with the one I got and the price is so cheap you can’t really complain.

[quote=“Phil H, post:33, topic:786”]Well, it depends on your taste in films and what else you already own I would say.
The quality of most films included in the 50 packs are pretty poor and often double up on stuff included elsewhere. But I was pretty happy with the one I got and the price is so cheap you can’t really complain.[/quote]

Hi,

I don’t have that big of a Spaghetti Western collection, but I have many of the popular classics. I’ve been wanting to see some other films in the genre that might be underrated and thought the 20 pack would be a good cheap place to start. I’ve seen some other boxsets online from a company called st clair. It looks like those sets contain many of the movies in the mill creek 20 pack.

h

The 20 pack is by far te best option to start with I believe as it has the most spaghettis for the cheapest price and a good proportion of them are in decent format, picture quality etc.

The St Clair 9 film set is also good value but only two films on it are not also included in the 20 film Mill Creek set. These are Minnesota Clay and Hellbenders which are definitely worth having but may be available elsewhere. If not then it is probably the one I would recommend second. The 50 pack set only adds Kid Vengeance in terms of spaghettis to my memory and that is one you can certainly miss out on for a while. But, as I say, 50 films at that price is pretty good value any way you cut it and I enjoyed a lot of the old 1930s westerns on it so was worthwhile getting for me.

like phil h says i also think the st clair 9 film set and the mill creek 20 spaghetti western pack ( really 19 because apache blood isn’t a spaghetti western)are good value, if you overlook trinity and sartana those sons of bitches which is a son of a bitch bad film! ;D

koch’s halleluja box:
for 20 buckeroos

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000B9PV8Q?ie=UTF8&tag=italowestern-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1638&creative=19454&creativeASIN=B000B9PV8Q

I guess there is a german Koch and an American Koch? That set was never released stateside, was it?

i’m not talking about an american koch p;-)

Mill Creek box contains Minnesota Clay