Cheap box sets

Well you are gonna be sorry you got it then… This is the worst spaghetti western I’ve seen this year and probably something like the second or third worst ever (only topped by On the Third Day Arrived the Crow and perhaps Sartana in the Valley of Death. Only good thing about it is Gordon Mitchell’s deranged character who sadly isn’t that big part of the movie.

But thanks for the quality check, Silver. It does indeed sound like they just ripped what they could from where they could. This can only be legal in the States :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:61, topic:786”]Well you are gonna be sorry you got it then… This is the worst spaghetti western I’ve seen this year and probably something like the second or third worst ever (only topped by On the Third Day Arrived the Crow and perhaps Sartana in the Valley of Death. Only good thing about it is Gordon Mitchell’s deranged character who sadly isn’t that big part of the movie.

But thanks for the quality check, Silver. It does indeed sound like they just ripped what they could from where they could. This can only be legal in the States :)[/quote]

Yep…that’s what i was thinking! Hmmm…not in a great hurry to watch that one then! Or maybe i should…maybe i’ll love it :stuck_out_tongue:

while the legality of this boxset is called into question, I say that you got a pretty nice deal Silver. To bad about not having Sonora (Sartana does not forgive). I guess we have to wait for wildeast or someting to get a good quality version of that movie.

I have the same version that everybody else seems to have, the washed out WS TV rip with burnt in english subs.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:63, topic:786”]while the legality of this boxset is called into question, I say that you got a pretty nice deal Silver. To bad about not having Sonora (Sartana does not forgive). I guess we have to wait for wildeast or someting to get a good quality version of that movie.

I have the same version that everybody else seems to have, the washed out WS TV rip with burnt in english subs.[/quote]

Certainly it’s not bad at all for that price. And very good for someone who doesn’t have any or most of those titles. Just have to keep holding out for that good copy of Sonora i guess :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information on the titles Silver…great help.

Damn i wanted FOUR CAME TO KILL SARTANA, but i still only have three of these so i’ll definitely be getting this.

thanks a lot for the info on the Sartana set… disappointing… anyone in the US, you can rent this on netflix and avoid buying this dubious release

I bought Sartana set. It was quite cheap, so I didn’t expect very much. Quality is OK, but Sartana deserves something better. Koch Media should give us a collectors edition, full of extras :slight_smile:

I got my set in today and figured I’d snap some pics (one from each movie, in order of set appearance listed below) for those interested. All titles are non-anamorphic when applicable, I believe.

• Blood at Sundown
  • If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death
  • Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay!
  • Sartana: Angel of Death
  • Light the Fuse… Sartana is Coming
  • I am Sartana
  • Price of Death
  • Sartana in the Valley of Death
  • Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West
  • Django Vs. Sartana

That screenshot is disapointing because it’s ripped of from Cinemageddon. And it has only Italian audio without subs if I’m not mistaken. :frowning:

I just popped the disc in and it definitely has English audio.

Overall I think I’m going to be pleased with the set; for 10 films at that price you can’t expect much. I just wish it’d have had that one other Sartana movie people sometimes consider official. I’m going to need to get into some trading circles or something because a lot of these are tough to come by.

[quote=“Brett H., post:71, topic:786”]I just popped the disc in and it definitely has English audio.

Overall I think I’m going to be pleased with the set; for 10 films at that price you can’t expect much. I just wish it’d have had that one other Sartana movie people sometimes consider official. I’m going to need to get into some trading circles or something because a lot of these are tough to come by.[/quote]

Its definitely a great bargain for the price, and the quality is not as bad as I thought it would be. That other “official” sartana you’re talking about is “And Santana kills them all”. Its not a Sartana movie, even though Garko happens to be in it. ANd the title was changed to Santana at Garko’s request to distinguish it from his Sartana films.

Definitely a bargain, good way to view them and see what’s worth getting a better release.

Thanks for the write-ups and screen shots - I have a few of the Sartana movies but I would love to see the rest. I’ll probably order it soon.

I got mine today.Gave each one a quick look glance.Looks fun,though I might end up suffering from Garko burn out…

No such thing ;D

Has anyone else noticed what a ridiculous thing Videoasia did with IF YOU MEET SARTANA…PRAY FOR YOUR DEATH. It appears they took the improperly stretched WildEast release (without altering the DVD player settings to correct it), then they blew it up til it was about the proper aspect ratio, thereby chopping off the sides. This is most evident during the credits.

Utterly ridonkulous. If they had just adjusted the player so the ratio were right, it would actually be better than WE’s release.

All smiles for this, I am:

[quote=“Brett H., post:77, topic:786”]All smiles for this, I am:

I’m really curious as to what the titles on this will be…Give the U.S some goodies…

Well,it mentions Klaus Kinski,so count me in!
Unless it ends up being,His Name Was King…

Tony Arzeta
Bandidos
Blind Rage
Godfather’s Daughter
The Italian Mob Trilogy : Manhunt, The Boss and Milan Calibre 9
City Rats
Redneck
New Mafia Boss