Can anyone really follow Sartana movies?

I like the Sartana films, but can anyone actually follow the stories and understand what’s going on? I kind of just watch them, hah, and not think about it… ;D

I still dont really get If you Meet… and Fistful of Lead…
Still love em

I don’t get Angel of death but I get the others.

…Angel of Death is the whole reason I started this post, haha. While I find the other difficult to follow, I watched that one last night and it definitely takes the cake.

I never had any problems following all of them. They are a bit confuse in parts, but not complicated.

The Sartana Movies are easy !!! ;D

Sabata is a bit more complicated. :wink:

I just make sure I do not have to many beers :smiley: .

I don’t understand the plots but I don’t really care. I enjoy just watching the stuff about cool characters, weapons and gunfights etc.

I think I could fallow “Angel of Death” if I wanted… it’s my least favourite Sartana and I only managed to watch it completely a couple of years ago. I didn’t manage it several times…

I enjoy them - It took me a couple of viewings for If You Meet… and I have only watched Light the Fuse… and Angel of Death once so I need to revisit them.

So light the fuse Frank!

I plan on it Dillinger.

Hey did anyone pickup the Sartana set from Video Asia? Is it good, bad, or ok?
I am thinking of getting it soon.

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:12, topic:1818”]I plan on it Dillinger.

Hey did anyone pickup the Sartana set from Video Asia? Is it good, bad, or ok?
I am thinking of getting it soon.[/quote]

I’m thinking getting it too, even though I already have all the films (Franco Cleef and wildeast). Just the very thought of having all the films in one nifty little box set for a bargain price is tempting to me.

Frank, there is a thread on this box set so check it out.

I want to know how the quality and english dub sound compare to the FC versions.

I found the thread Colonel. Thanks. Nice to see the screen caps which is very helpful. This forum has a great bunch of members to help each other.

We ran a reconstruction thread of the first Sartana film on the Sergio Leone Board and our agreed interpretation of the plot is at odds with not only the sleeve notes on the Wildeast disc but also Alex Cox’s synopsis in his new book.

The ending of Angel Of Death is confusing to me.

[quote=“Lasky, post:15, topic:1818”]We ran a reconstruction thread of the first Sartana film on the Sergio Leone Board and our agreed interpretation of the plot is at odds with not only the sleeve notes on the Wildeast disc but also Alex Cox’s synopsis in his new book.

The ending of Angel Of Death is confusing to me.[/quote]

Hey Lasky I think there should be a similar thread for Angel of death.

Yeah i’m up for that depending on if the version from the SARTANA SAGA box set (which i’ve just ordered) is uncut.I know my current widescreen version is missing at least 2 scenes.

I has some problems with the first one, especially during the first viewing. I don’t care much though, just seeing the dude on screen making a mess with his deadly gadgets makes me more than happy.

How long is your version? I’m wasn’t aware of any cuts to any of the versions.

I’ve watched the first 34:30 and have made the following summary of what I’ve seen.

The beginning is simple enough. An imposter Sartana goes to the bank to collect a bounty on an outlaw Bill Cochran. The bank teller checks on the body, only to find that Bill Cochran is still alive. Together Sartana and Bill, and another hold up the bank. Some fake bank guards/soldiers also help out and shoot the real guards. The fake sartana is apparently using the same multibarreled derringer that the real sartana uses, and accidently drops the cylinder on the ground. During the ruckus, the bank owner is knocked out. The sheriff identifies the fake sartana as the real sartana.

The next scene isn’t so clear: The fake sartana, who’s face is unseen, along with the rest of the bank robbers are in their hideout. A little fight appears to be brewing when one of the men demands to divide the stolen immediately. Suddenly, an unknown person (either the real or fake sartana) shoots all the people dead. The fake sartana survives.

Three bounty hunters, including Gordon Mitchell and Klaus kinski see the new wanted poster with sartana’s name on it.

Sartana meets up with the bank owner at his home, who is still recovering from getting knocked out. The owner is convinced that sartana was behind the robbery, pointing out that he saw the cloak and hat but Sartana explains to him that anybody can pass as sartana.

Meanwhile Sartana visits his friend, a thief named buddy ben is in his hideout. Sartana tells buddy that the robbery wasn’t him, and at the same time, buddy ben denies framing him. Buddy offers to help him out and gives sartana some info. The yellow smoke the bank robbers used came from a guy called dynamite butch.

Sartana goes to see dynamite butch, only to find him dead. Sartana gets attacked by an Indian bounty hunter but manages to kill him. Before he dies, the Indian tells sartana that Bill Cochran has been arrested. Buddy ben shows up they talk about Bill Cochran.

Sartana arrives in town and a posse has collected to kill him, but he manages to sneak inside the saloon and starts a poker game. He plays with the newspaper editor who tells him that Bill Cochran is being held in the sheriff’s office. Sartana calls in the sheriff. Sartana wins the game and the gamblers sans the newspaper editors attacks hin but gets killed. The sheriff comes in and sartana voluntarily lets himself get arrested so he can speak to bill cochran, who is in jail with him.