California (Michele Lupo, 1977)

I know this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
But I am new here and I don’t consider starting a new topic.

I have watched the Film yesterday and I was more than satiesfied with this one. I enjoyed the gloomy and melodramatic style and the unusual and electrically modern musik. For me this one is the best Gemma I have watched so far cos it is the most stylish one. The old Gema-face ain’t putting me off as the young one. 4/5

[quote=“elSanto, post:101, topic:947”]I know this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
But I am new here and I don’t consider starting a new topic.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter for how long there has not been a post in a thread. You never have to start a new topic. Only if there isn’t a thread already existing

I’m glad you like the movie btw. :smiley:

Me too

Finally I got to see this one, and it did not disappoint. Great “unconventional” late spaghetti western. Lupo draws a bit from american westerns like in some his early efforts but does it totally italian way. Very surprising movie as Alex Cox says in his book.

myself i love all the non comedy twilight spagg westerns they are more gritty and i just enjoy all the music as well.
hope i am not the odd man out here :slight_smile:

Certainly Gemma’s best acting job in a Euro-Western, and a fine film all round.

[quote=“django live, post:105, topic:947”]myself i love all the non comedy twilight spagg westerns they are more gritty and i just enjoy all the music as well.
hope i am not the odd man out here :)[/quote]
There’s nothing wrong with being odd ;).

Although Miguel Bosé was ok in California, here you can see him doing what he knows better than acting. :smiley:

An Underrated SW, Good Acting, Great Cinematography! and a nice story, Michele Lupos best SW!!!
8/10 and in a Top 30.

[quote=“volonte, post:108, topic:947”]Although Miguel BosĂ© was ok in California, here you can see him doing what he knows better than acting. :smiley:

Playback ;D

No, dancing. ;D

;D ;D ;D

Just ordered the DSX DVD!

de que sitio Pereira

Daqui companheiro: http://www.dsxfilms.com/index.php/colecciones-dsx
Preços bastante baixos, mas atenção a partir de 4 DVD os portes duplicam. Até 3 DVD ficam à volta de 10 Euros/unidade (repartindo os portes).

A primeira encomenda que fiz de lá foi excelente. Podes ver capturas de imagem no flickr do meu blog, aqui: Pedro Pereira’s albums | Flickr

Obrigado Pereira

jĂĄ agora sabes que estive no concerto dos mĂŁo morta no RRV em que o gajo cortou a perna ao cantar o Bofia ;D

EspectĂĄculo! Adoro MĂŁo Morta, mas nĂŁo tive em nenhum concerto mĂ­tico, excepto talvez no “Maldoror”, a terceira e supostamente Ășltima data foi lĂĄ em Portalegre.

Nunca mais me esqueci, o gajo mais tarde disse que se cortou porque o ambiente estava de cortar a faca ;D
Tava era com uma ganda MOKA

For those who might be interested, here are some screenshots of DSX DVD. Audio in english.

More available here:

Nice looking shots!