California (Michele Lupo, 1977)

Look way better then the German NEW DVD which used an old 35mm theatrical print which frankly looks like shit. Seems i need to get my hand on either the DSX or TripleX release instead. Anyone have a clue which one of those would be the best?

The Triple X release has only Italian and Thai audio I think. Thai subs only. Their releases are usually ripped from existing releases, in this case probably an Italian dvd.

I have 5 different versions of this film and the best is the one from M4M, i think!?

So I have the NEW DVD. And the picture quality is ok.
But certainly not as good as the DSX DVD.

Looks like the DSX release is the best english friendly release at the moment. Guess iĀ“ll order it from DSX their website at the end of the month when they are back on track with their outstanding orders. IĀ“ll lose the German soundtrack, which i prefer, but at least the DVD will be watchable. The NEW DVD just look attrocious with almost no colors and lines and scratches everywhere. :frowning:

I wonder about the good quality of the individual releases of DSX.
At least when I see the screenshots.
Itā€™s a very small company.
And they seem to restore the films very beautiful.
Respect. :wink:

Anyone have the Japanese DVD?

I have it. There are screenshots from it couple of pages back. (or more or less depending in there is a way to change the amount of posts displayed per page :stuck_out_tongue: )

another boring SW and the end ends with a fistfight not shooting!
the first 40 minutes has some good momentā€™s the rest of the movie
i was fall i sleepā€¦ bore at his best ???
my rating 1\5

This almost felt like two different movies to me. I got a kick out of the scene where a bunch of people are jumping on frogs in the mud and then they roast frog legs over a fire haha.

you can say original scene

Here in Portugal we actually eat them during the Summer.
Very good, trust me!

Iā€™m Chinese so I love eating frogs too. I get them frozen in packages.

What do they taste like ?

Chicken. Not bad, but not much meat on them. Just get some chicken instead.

Its not exactly like chicken. Its more of a hybrid between chicken and fish.

I guess it depends on how itĀ“s prepared. Also, because IĀ“m a smoker my taste buds are not that refined anymore. To me rabbit also tastes like chicken, maybe a bit softer. The first time I ate duck, I thought it was chicken, haha.

Iā€™m a vegetarian, so for me itā€™s all the same: duck, chicken, frog, rabbit, fish ā€¦ fish smells different though.

The smell of chicken turns my stomach over these days for some reason.

Iā€™ve just watched this and enjoy it a lot. Gemma was great, the story was interesting and not very cliched. The drama was rather well done and I think the final fight was excellent, specially the bottle bit.
I have mixed feelings about the soundtrack, I liked some of the themes a lot, like the one with organ and guitar, but there were some others that werenā€™t bad themselves but felt out of place, like they belonged to a poliziotteschi or something. Still, it didnā€™t damage the film as much as the Keoma soundtrack did.
My third favorite Gemma film after the two Ringos.

Oh, and I watched the DSX DVD and itā€™s excellent quality.