Brother Outlaw / Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti (Edoardo Mulargia, 1971)

:slight_smile: :wink:

Hmm, I donĀ“t agree with most opinions here. Sure, the plot is pretty much absent, but the film is not bad. The, snappy, violent outbursts and their slow build ups are the best thing about it. Kendall does quite alright. But maybe itĀ“s a good thing I grew familiar -and started liking him- with him through films in other genres. Here he is nowhere near as cocky, nor slick. Kendallā€™s acting is more like Anthony Steffenā€™s in this picture. Dino Strano is always nice to have around. Typical b western guy that I like. The music is recycled and apparently so are some scenes. Oh, well.
What bothered me were the opening titles on the Simple dvd. They seem to have been tampered with and look pretty horrible. They are also intercut between an action scene. Itā€™s not a good way to get into the movie.
Overall: 6/10

1 Like

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:22, topic:857ā€]Hmm, I donĀ“t agree with most opinions here. Sure, the plot is pretty much absent, but the film is not bad. The, snappy, violent outbursts and their slow build ups are the best thing about it. Kendall does quite alright. But maybe itĀ“s a good thing I grew familiar -and started liking him- with him through films in other genres. Here he is nowhere near as cocky, nor slick. Kendallā€™s acting is more like Anthony Steffenā€™s in this picture. Dino Strano is always nice to have around. Typical b western guy that I like. The music is recycled and apparently so are some scenes. Oh, well.
What bothered me were the opening titles on the Simple dvd. They seem to have been tampered with and look pretty horrible. They are also intercut between an action scene. Itā€™s not a good way to get into the movie.
Overall: 6/10[/quote]

If I remember correctly, there are alternative Opening Credits on the Simple Movie DVD.

Sorry, I think the film still by far the worst work of Mulargia.
They is the opening credit the best part of the movie. :wink:

I have rated Shango and El Puro the lowest in my reviews, both 5/10
Cjamango 6,5/10
The rest of the six I did 6/10 (PerchƩ uccidi ancora, Vaya con dios gringo, Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti!)

Not a bad director Mulargia, but not great either.

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:24, topic:857ā€]I have rated Shango and El Puro the lowest in my reviews, both 5/10
Cjamango 6,5/10
The rest of the six I did 6/10 (PerchƩ uccidi ancora, Vaya con dios gringo, Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti!)

Not a bad director Mulargia, but not great either.[/quote]

You can find ā€œBrother outlawā€ better than ā€œEl Puroā€. Wow, Iā€™m totally disagree.

What about ā€œNon aspettare Django, sparaā€ and ā€œW Djangoā€. :wink:

Seen those two, but havenā€™t reviewed them. Both ok, in the 6/10 department as well.

This was probably not a labor of love for Mulargiaā€¦ it seems like they went into this film with no script.

I liked those long scenes that go on and on without dialogue, with the film only at 78 minutes, they had to stretch it out a bit.
The opening credits are extremely cheap looking, looks like they couldnā€™t be bothered and did it at the end. And also that indoor scene with just the red curtain as the background.

Finally watched this movie, Rimase uno solo e fu morte per tutti! or in English, Brother Outlaw (some of these long Italian titles donā€™t translate well into other languages)

Donā€™t know what to think of it really. Not great, but I had read some ultra-negative comments beforehand and it turned out to be a bit better than expected. To me a middle of the road production with a few good scenes that unfortunately go on far too long (nearly every promising scene is drawn out)

According to Giusti, a couple of ideas for planned but never realized movies were thrown into one hat to produce this movie.

Full review soon

So far Iā€™ve watched four Edoardo Mulargia Westerns, Cjamango (1967), Non aspettare, Django, spara! (1967), La taglia ĆØ tua ā€¦ lā€™uomo lā€™ammazzo io (1969) and Shango, la pistola infallibile (1970), but not Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti. I think its title means literally ā€œJust one was left, and it was death for allā€ or ā€œOnly one stayed, and it was death for all.ā€ Some posters and locandine omit the word uno, though:

The title then would mean ā€œHe alone was left, and it was death for allā€ or ā€œHe alone stayed, and it was death for all.ā€

Quod erat demonstrandum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think itā€™s better with ā€˜unoā€™. The idea is that only one survives while all others bite the dust.

Whatever, in this case the film itself bites the dust.

1 Like

All you need to do is find a good German title with Django and Staub in it :grinning:

In order to obtain a T rating the beating of Dakota was shortened (four or five punches and cigar burns). The cuts are not restored in the Fabbri DVD, taken from a master with English credits.

Watched it today. A somewhat underwhelming experience. Main shortcomings: interminably drawn-out scenes, sluggish pacing. First spoken word in the film: ā€œFaster!ā€

Finally watched it and added a review to the database

Not as bad as some said it was, but yes, those interminably drawn-out scenes ā€¦

REVIEW:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Brother_Outlaw_review

Good review, as always. (Though you might want to change ā€œSimon is active within the database are both Scherpschutter and his alter ego Tiratore Scelto.ā€)

1 Like

Thanks, I hadnā€™t noticed that. But itā€™s actually Sebastian who wrote this ā€¦

fixed, thanks for noticing

1 Like

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this since I was expecting something terrible. Turned out to be one of the better low budget productions. Itā€™s one of the cheapest looking spaghettis Iā€™ve seen. Thereā€™s hardly any extras around and all the towns look empty. Iā€™m not sure why they needed so many men to rob the bank since they make it look like a one-man job. One of the positive things about this film is the running time. To be honest, it probably could have been even shorter since Mulargia prolongs a few scenes just for the sake of it but that adds to the amusement. Definitely recommended if youā€™re looking for a simple revenge film. The soundtrack was pretty good, too. I canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve heard it somewhere else (maybe Finders Killers).

I like this one aswell, thereā€™s a really cool scene at the wait-out before the bankrobbing when the outlaw boss rolls his spurs back and forth on the tabel!