Brother Outlaw / Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti (Edoardo Mulargia, 1971)

First, does Tony Kendall speak ? Till I know in this one, he’s a mute guy, with nothing to do just know how to shoot! The film goes extremelly bad, Celso Faria also awful, he does not fit a gunman, looks tired, lost, without any purpose.

My vote… [2/10] :-X

regards

Database page: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Rimase_uno_solo_e_fu_la_morte_per_tutti!

RIMASE SOLO E FU LA MORTE PER TUTTI / BROTHER OUTLAW 1971 Dir. E. Mulargia

TONY KENDALL Jean Louis Sophia Kammara Celso Faria

Violent revenge SW pits two brothers Dakota and Slim against a band of criminals who
try to frame Dakota and cause trouble in the town. The brothers join forces to fight.
Excellent atmosphere, good direction, exciting plot /music/settings make this a winner :smiley:

My Vote for BROTHER OUTLAW 1971 is 15.2 out of 20 :smiley:

Does anyone have the SimpleMovie DVD ??? How’s the quality of DVD and movie ???

Good release, sharp anamorhic picture with very good colours. I’m not sure if it’s in 100% original aspect ratio, though. English audio is very clear, some background hiss but not more than most Wild East releases have for example. As good as Simpel’s Magnificent Texan release.

The film itself is one of better 70s cheapie spaghettis, with familiar actors. Nothing original or remarkable but far from being one of the worst. I’d give it 2.5 out of 5. Score is recycled from other movies but is good and fits the film anyway.

I’ve got the ‘Six Gun Cinema Classic’ version of this. The cover says 79 mins. 4x3 fullscreen.
Just tellin’ ya so there’s a comparison.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:5, topic:857”]I’ve got the ‘Six Gun Cinema Classic’ version of this. The cover says 79 mins. 4x3 fullscreen.
Just tellin’ ya so there’s a comparison.[/quote]
I had this release before I got the Simpel one. Very grainy fullscreen picture and sountrack has constant background hiss. Obviously trasfered from some old tape release.

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:4, topic:857”]Good release, sharp anamorhic picture with very good colours. I’m not sure if it’s in 100% original aspect ratio, though. English audio is very clear, some background hiss but not more than most Wild East releases have for example. As good as Simpel’s Magnificent Texan release.

The film itself is one of better 70s cheapie spaghettis, with familiar actors. Nothing original or remarkable but far from being one of the worst. I’d give it 2.5 out of 5. Score is recycled from other movies but is good and fits the film anyway.[/quote]

Thanx :slight_smile:

Well, another turkey this weekend from a director who was responsible for one of my personal classics.

Edoardo Mulargia made El puro, which was way above his other westerns, but here we have now an helplessly directed one which comes from the other end of the spectrum.
The screenplay looks like a patchwork of leftovers from other scripts, it seems often that there are whole parts missing. Oddly enough there are several other scenes which seem to go on forever without any necessarity.

Tony Kendall is in it. Good for Tony, he’s the best actor in the film. Bad for the film, Tony is still awful. God, this must be one of the worst acted SWs.

Strange, strange, about 1 or maybe 2/10 (for some moments of the final shootout)

[quote=“Stanton, post:8, topic:857”]Well, another turkey this weekend from a director who was responsible for one of my personal classics.

Edoardo Mulargia made El puro, which was way above his other westerns, but here we have now an helplessly directed one which comes from the other end of the spectrum.
The screenplay looks like a patchwork of leftovers from other scripts, it seems often that there are whole parts missing. Oddly enough there are several other scenes which seem to go on forever without any necessarity.

Tony Kendall is in it. Good for Tony, he’s the best actor in the film. Bad for the film, Tony is still awful. God, this must be one of the worst acted SWs.[/quote]

I almost entirely agree !!! 'Cept for the rating…I’d give a 3/10 for Dino Strano’s performance alone :-X :-\ :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: … and it’s not as bad as a Crea or Lattanzi but comes pretty close.

Completely agreed ! The extras include a bonus scene which is joke though :slight_smile: !

There is a stupid thing in the trailer, which is that the actors are looking through tree holes! ;D

But the trailer still makes me nostalgic, because it was one of the first SWs I ever heard about. That’s one of the reasons I’ll have to get this movie watched!

I know a lot of people think these lowest-of-the-low-budget westerns are boring and terrible (which they are) but I love them. I’d say this film would appeal to those people who enjoy Fidani, Crea, Batzella, etc. Nothing I can really add that wasn’t said already. Low budget, familar faces, same story as the rest, somewhat decent already used score, etc.

Yep, for Fidani fans.

Good to know. :wink:

Wanted to watch a Tony Kendall western in honour of his passing and this one was on the ‘to watch’ pile so it seemed fitting.

Not Tony’s best work I suspect. I tend to agree mostly with Stanton’s summary although I am probably more generous on the rating. The music was good, but of course that is recycled from a better film. This one jumps all over the place really but never mind. I’ve seen worse.

Kendall does not appear to wear a hat in this. Wonder who decided who wore a hat and who did not …

Dean Stratford the guy just makes me laugh a great deal just by looking at him. Not seen him in a western for a while and was worth the wait :smiley: .

Viewed the Simpel release this time around which is fine quality. Very strong colours and minimal hiss on the english audio track.

Good average western ;D , as I have seen alot worse than this… Fat Boys Of Trinity springs to mind. That bloody song from Fat Boys is still in my head and viewed the film a while back.

Yes, the music is, at least in parts, from Mulargia’s first Why Go on Killing.

I have seen the film yesterday. What can I say?
There were long 80 minutes. Very long!
The film had no suspense.
I was also disappointed about the direction of Edoardo Mulargia. I’m a fan of his.
But that was nothing.
Not a good Kamara work. An element of which live Mulargia films.
Too bad.

Another negative factor is the German Synchro. It emerged in the 90s. And is very bad. The voice actors do not fit.

There is a funny scene in the prison. Since there is a phone. And the director orders the guards, he should call the Governor. A phone in a spaghetti Western. I have not seen yet. :o

I also saw the Simple Movie DVD. I agree the quality is very good.

My Rating 2 /10.
Sorry Mulargia. :’(

[quote=“The Stranger, post:19, topic:857”]I have seen the film yesterday. What can I say?
There were long 80 minutes. Very long!
The film had no suspense.
I was also disappointed about the direction of Edoardo Mulargia. I’m a fan of his.
But that was nothing.
Not a good Kamara work. An element of which live Mulargia films.
Too bad.

Another negative factor is the German Synchro. It emerged in the 90s. And is very bad. The voice actors do not fit.

There is a funny scene in the prison. Since there is a phone. And the director orders the guards, he should call the Governor. A phone in a spaghetti Western. I have not seen yet. :o

I also saw the Simple Movie DVD. I agree the quality is very good.

My Rating 2 /10.
Sorry Mulargia. :’([/quote]

Ha ha, we are brothers …