[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Thanks for sharing - thatā€™s an interesting post!

1 Like

It was pointed out to me that our DVD/BluRay news section could be updated better. Who can help out? Spaghetti Western DVD news - The Spaghetti Western Database

Some rumours/indications floating around that Arrow will be releasing Sartana and Light the Fuseā€¦ Sartana is Coming:

And the holy grail, a Sartana box set, is being dreamt about again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œAvatarDK, post:1887, topic:660ā€]
Sartana box set[/quote]

Just imagine if Arrow released it in the style of their Hellraiser Scarlett Box.

Details for the German BluRay were added yesterday

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Giorni_dell'ira,_I/BluRay

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna scream if they actually announce a box set. I might just have a heart attack.

I would bloody LOVE an Arrow Sartana box-set containing the proper Sartana movies. I might even cry. Or crack one out, flinging my man-yoghurt all up the curtains. Or both.

I would be perfectly happy with just If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Your Death getting the Arrow blu-ray treatment.

I would be kind-of flummoxed if this led to the release of Light the Fuseā€¦ Sartana is Coming alone, but Iā€™ve no doubt Iā€™d buy it anyway with renewed hope for the other four movies.

I will fall into a screaming, psychopathic rage if, for reasons as yet undetermined, Arrow were to release any of the above locked to region A only. I would hoy all of my Arrow discs into the Thames estuary (I wouldnā€™t really) and perform a sequence of voodoo dances designed to hopefully bring about a supernatural apocalypse upon the company (I would really) as I already do with Kino f*cking Lorber (I do, really).

1 Like

I can almost promise you that there will be no Sartana boxset from Arrow. The best we can hope for is a double feature of some sort or a couple of single releases. When and if they are released Iā€™m positive that they will be released in both region A and B territories so locking shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Why?

the sartana serie certainly deserve some love, most of the movies donā€™t have proper releases

A Box set is possible for these movies, they certainly do need some love because they donā€™t have any good proper releases out there as Kevenz already pointed out. I will be upset though if they donā€™t release the original since there is already a 4k master done.

1 Like

Itā€™s simply not economically feasible for Arrow to release such a set I gather. I would buy it sure, but Arrow probably have to sell around 2000 copies at a price nearing Ā£50 - Ā£60. And suddenly the set isnā€™t as desirable anymore to a lot of people :slight_smile:

I think thereā€™s a reason that we havenā€™t seen Arrow pumping these spaghetti westerns out in a steady stream and that is that they are sloooow sellers.

2 Likes

Am I missing some great 2017 releases? I want to compile a best of for the holiday shopping guide Holiday Shopping Guide 2017 - The Spaghetti Western Database

Looks pretty damn good Sebastian. Iā€™m making sure to purchase Leichen Pflastern Seinen Weg for myself.

ā€¦even though I donā€™t have a multi region player :smile:

please note that it is not an English-friendly release

Oh Iā€™ve known that lol, I still want it regardless!

I knew it, brushing up on your German or Italian? :wink:

1 Like

Well. 101 Films has released Zorro and Code Red Vengenace if you are looking to complete the list :slight_smile:

And the It Can Be Done Amigo! included in the new Die Dicke Bud Spencer box set. I have no idea if that is at all English friendly? Anybody at all acquired it yet?

Amazon description says ā€œpartially in Englishā€, I assume that has to do with incomplete audio on the German track or soā€¦

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Dicke-Spencer-Blu-ray-FSK-12/dp/B074J4FW26/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=italowestern-21&linkId=9e0a95dbe5ad1e8a819a455bef02e71f

Updated the info https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Si_puĆ²_fareā€¦_amigo/BluRay

Seems like both comedy and serious version is included, I think I will actually get this, especially since the other movies are also included for the first time in vastly improved versions. Too bad the box is not entirely English friendly

I got the german blu ray of It can be done Amigo and I can confirm thereā€™s no English audio or subtitles. Only german and Italian for both versions.

same goes for the new german blu ray of The Great Silence, no English audio or subtitles.

1 Like